[IPS4] Tutorials

Default on app, no... Because it already displays cats on navigation bar. If you want to do on your own, you need to create one php file for each tab and place them on applications/tutorials/extensions/core/frontNavigation folder.

Take a look in the file that's already there and same file from other applications.

First off went to ACP>Customizations>Localizations>Languages and changed from Tutorials to Tutorials 1 to prevent confusion

then Made a backup

then Went to file manager then located Tutorials.php @ (applications/tutorials/extensions/core/frontNavigation/Tutorials.php)

Now do I simply copy that Tutorials.php and paste it on the same location? (so I'll have 2 Tutorials.php under /frontNavigation) and then just rename it to Tutorials1.php and Tutorials2.php??

Edited by Bossly

Pages from IPS will do that as well and much more. It worths the money.

I do have Pages but I'm so illiterate when it comes to this that I even had to ask someone to set it up for me and all that

Shoot me a PM. Tomorrow in the morning I'll teach to create the menu.

alright will do

thanks

Edited by Bossly

Forums app redirect a FORUM; Thinking this way, Tutorials app should redirect a CATEGORY, not a tutorial... right?

I don't see much sense. You're on an app that stores tutorials. Why would I send someone away ?

Is there a way to redirect tutorials (under certain category) to another site?

No, and that's what I replied above. Not sure it is really a good thing to do. I don't think people will want to buy an app to create tutorials that simply redirect you elsewhere.

Today you can create a tutorial and paste a link inside of it.

I guess that will have to do

Edited by Bossly

Is there a way to redirect tutorials (under certain category) to another site?

No, and that's what I replied above. Not sure it is really a good thing to do. I don't think people will want to buy an app to create tutorials that simply redirect you elsewhere.

Today you can create a tutorial and paste a link inside of it.

What is the difference between Tutorial and Pages? It looks like the same as Documents Page on this site.

This is a separated app, there's nothing to do with Pages. Tutorails was built in 2006/7, way before Pages, so I keep updating it for those who use it and don't want to have Pages.

PLUS: some features that Pages doesn't do on databases:

• Integration with the Bulk Mail system
  • Integration with ACP Live Seach (Tutorials categories)
  • Ability to quickly convert a forum post into a new tutorial
  • Ability to copy a tutorial from one category to another or to the same category
  • Ability to create a tutorial in another user's behalf
  • Ability to create topics to existing tutorials
  • Ability to make tutorials of topics
  • Ability to rebuild support topics text if you have changed the template on Tutorials settings.
Edited by Adriano Faria