How do i disable the billing info on checkout?

Netherlord

I am only selling a service and the billing address requirement is not needed. So to increase sales i want to make the process smooth (i had complaints about it, some people do not wish to share that info).

Can anyone help me disable it? its turning my users off/

I think this info is outdated and valid only on 3.x versions because on 4.0.x there is no difference between virtual and physical options. There's only one category when you are creating a product for both, physical and digital. I remember seeing a screenshot of a product being created on IPS 3.x and there was a specific category for digital products.

I hope it is. I will be highly disappointed otherwise.

I would be too!

Here's how it used to be:

2012-12-05_09h18_27.thumb.png.6f1b5f0426

Here's how it is now:

Untitled-1.thumb.png.8ae2a6d240aa76c02aa

There is no way to define the product as being not physical!

I think this info is outdated and valid only on 3.x versions …

No, the second one is specifically about 4.0. 

And as it is explained there: Even if you sell “services”, you probably need to charge taxes for orders of certain users, and taxes depend on where the clients live. Asking for billing (not shipping!) address is a normal default. But as Mark and Lindy have already said in that other topic, additional settings for that might come nevertheless. 

No, the second one is specifically about 4.0. 

And as it is explained there: Even if you sell “services”, you probably need to charge taxes for orders of certain users, and taxes depend on where the clients live. Asking for billing (not shipping!) address is a normal default. But as Mark and Lindy have already said in that other topic, additional settings for that might come nevertheless. 

Ok, sorry pal. So they have removed the option where we could sell something digital without asking for a shipping / billing address.

Now we have to ask for a billing address at least even if we don't need to.

:sad:

There is no way to define the product as being not physical!

Sure there is. It’s on the same page your screenshot is taken from, when you select a normal product. 

Bildschirmfoto_2015-06-26_um_16.50.08.th

Now we have to ask for a billing address at least even if we don't need to.

Out of curiosity: What are you selling that has no tax and doesn’t need any address?

We should still have a toggle. I know the billing address is good for anti-fraud etc but if your using paypal for instance as the only source of payment. They keep records of all that and it goes through them anyway.

And since my users are very anti-data-anti-government-anti-personal Info being on the web even if protected. Asking for billing address is like kicking them in the teeth. It just hurts sales. It would make more sense at this point to just do it through paypal and manually move them in and out of groups with the extra work to keep them happy. For me at least.

But i do understand the point of it! *sigh*

Sure there is. It’s on the same page your screenshot is taken from, when you select a normal product. 

Bildschirmfoto_2015-06-26_um_16.50.08.th

Out of curiosity: What are you selling that has no tax and doesn’t need any address?

My bad, it has the button, but not the message "if yes, users will be required to provide their address" meaning that before if the button was off, people would not have to provide their address (I suppose).

My community is private, paid only. I'm selling memberships. Here in Brazil we don't need to provide address from our clients to the government. We just have to pay the tax for whatever money we make. I don't know how it works in other countries.

We should still have a toggle. I know the billing address is good for anti-fraud etc but if your using paypal for instance as the only source of payment. They keep records of all that and it goes through them anyway.

And since my users are very anti-data-anti-government-anti-personal Info being on the web even if protected. Asking for billing address is like kicking them in the teeth. It just hurts sales. It would make more sense at this point to just do it through paypal and manually move them in and out of groups with the extra work to keep them happy. For me at least.

But i do understand the point of it! *sigh*

Agreed! These extra payment options should be required by the payment gateway. PayPal already has the address of its users. We should ask only for the information we are going to use. The more info required, the worst is the conversion. If the product is physical, then it is a must to get addresses. Of course, if it is required by the governement of some countries, that's another story.

Like you said, it's possible to avoid this by doing it manually, using a simple PayPal button, but it would be time consuming when you have a lot of clients.

Archived