Shared URL is not redirect to the target topic

Kek Yang Ngu

I having an urgent problem that cause inconveniences for my forum users.

1. When I share the topic URL on facebook, it changes from http://www.momozaza.com/index.php?/topic/19-first-aeon-mall-in-east-malaysia/ to http://www.momozaza.com/index.php?%2Ftopic%2F19-first-aeon-mall-in-east-malaysia%2F. The problem is, whenever a guest click the link, it redirect to my forum homepage instead of the targeted topic.
  2. Another issues is that my forum is not showing up in google searches!

The link below is improperly formatted thus going to your index.php file (your homepage):

http://www.momozaza.com/index.php?%2Ftopic%2F19-first-aeon-mall-in-east-malaysia%2F

This is an issue with how Facebook is improperly handling query strings. Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do about how Facebook is handling links. If possible, I would suggest using Friendly URLs and .htaccess rewrite so that you no longer have query strings in your URLs.

The 2nd issue about Google searches, unfortunately has too many variables to determine. I would suggest that you sign up at Google Webmaster and define any errors with your website to see if there is something you can do to improve it. Be aware, you will not just "magically" show up in Google ;)

1. May I know how to rewrite .htaccess?

Just activate Friendly URLs in the ACP. The htaccess file will be created for you automatically. :-)

2. I have signed up and set up Google Webmaster. It remains same.

You can’t get on the Google index instantly. Once Google knows about your site it might take up to a couple of weeks until everything is indexed. In your Google Webmaster account there is a crawling statistic which helps you see what the Google bot has done so far and if there are any problems. 

I have another question, how can I know my ftp address & port, admin login and password?

FTP information you will have received from your host or you can setup for us via your hosting panel (cPanel, Direct Admin, etc...). Your ACP login and password is the Admin login that you setup for your IPS Community during installation. You can setup an account for us to use for Support reasons though that you can "turn off/on" though as you need support, keep in mind we will need a Full Access Admin account (no restrictions).

FTP information you will have received from your host or you can setup for us via your hosting panel (cPanel, Direct Admin, etc...). Your ACP login and password is the Admin login that you setup for your IPS Community during installation. You can setup an account for us to use for Support reasons though that you can "turn off/on" though as you need support, keep in mind we will need a Full Access Admin account (no restrictions).

I bought directly from IP, but I didn't receive any cPanel login details

Archived