Invision Community
Haki88

license weird

Ok, i have 1 license with 1ipb and 1 ip content and i belive it expired somewhere near may 21. Now i know there was ipb4 release (didnt remember exact version) but now i check and i see i can only download 3.4.8 but even when i check download 3.4.8 i see forbiden icons that i cant download ipb and content. Can someone check which 4,x version i can download before license got expired and what is happening with download links?

2 things;

1. Now i dont know which 4.x version i could download before license is expired.

2. If i found out which i dont have any idea how i gonna find out unless someone from IPS tells me i need to download it from XY sites?

2 things;

1. Now i dont know which 4.x version i could download before license is expired.

2. If i found out which i dont have any idea how i gonna find out unless someone from IPS tells me i need to download it from XY sites?

1. compare your expired date to https://community.invisionpower.com/release-notes/
  2. reactivate = download. Its easier to just pay than get a random download from a random site. Good software and good support costs money :P

Ok, i have 1 license with 1ipb and 1 ip content and i belive it expired somewhere near may 21. Now i know there was ipb4 release (didnt remember exact version) but now i check and i see i can only download 3.4.8 but even when i check download 3.4.8 i see forbiden icons that i cant download ipb and content. Can someone check which 4,x version i can download before license got expired and what is happening with download links?

If you have an active license you will always be able to download the most recent version of v3 (currently on 3.4.8) and v4 (currently 4.0.8.1).  Your license is expired, which is why you can't download anything at all.  

1) You would have been able to download the most-recent version 4.

2) I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. The software is available only from us, in the Client Area. Any other outlet would be unauthorized (pirated), and a violation of the license terms.

If I have an old backed up software of 3.4.7 or any verison that I downloaded from you guys long ago, and reinstalled into my website is that ok ? even tho that my license have expired ?

2 things;

when your license is expired you can't download any version, even version you had access before expired

Let me explain different way.

I could download 4.x version before my license is expired and now i cant. Now, when i want to download anything which is only 3.4.8 i cant. Now, can someone compare date when my license is expired (maybe May 21 cant see in client details) and date when is v4.0.x (latest version until my license is expired) so i can know which i can have. Other thing is 3.4.x version as you can see i cant download ipb+ip content (my license is expired)

Untitled.png

You won't be able to download any software when your license is expired.  After you pay a renewal you can download any of your licensed software.  This includes IPS4 or 3.4.8.  You can download any apps you have added to your license as well.

Will paying the reactivation fee upgrade you to IPB4 or is that extra?

Yes it will give you access to an upgrade.  Upgrades are free to all clients with active standard licenses.  You could run 3.x and make a test/dev install of 4.x to plan an upgrade for example.  All you need is an active standard license.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.