No response from support for over 3 business days.

catbreadbat

So this is me ranting. This is by far THE WORST experience with support here I've had. Here's the background:

Since upgrading to IPS4, my site's downloads function is dead. I don't know what it is (even after many hours of looking at the SQL DB and PHP files, since I had to take things into my own hands), thus the support ticket. I opened that ticket Thursday around 7:30 PM EST. Well, no response from IPS for 24 hours, until I get a message it's been escalated. Great! Well, not so great. It's now Tuesday, no response other than escalation response, and still no downloads system. My web host however, responds within 30 minutes (even on weekends), even just to tell me he can't get to the issue till later. But I still know he's aware of it. Best part? IPS responded to my lesser priority support ticket, that was opened after the downloads ticket. Big slap to the face.

We usually move about a TB a month just from our Downloads system, and I would say it's probably more important to use than our Forums. Reports of this issue are literally all I'm seeing on my site. Please, start doing something IPS. I hate ranting, but it's been getting easier and easier to do with you guys.

Ticket ID: 918939

• Management

I am sorry you are experiencing problems with your Downloads app.

Our last support reply was on Friday and it is now Tuesday morning. The reply on Friday did indicate that these sort of issues that require higher level attention can take longer. Unfortunately when we have to get a programmer involved to diagnose issues they do take a bit longer than normal support.

We of course focus on clients with critical, site-wide issues first. I realize that this probably small comfort to you if the Downloads section of your site is important and I do understand how you could be frustrated. Our staff is working through tickets as I type.

I am sorry you are experiencing problems with your Downloads app.

Our last support reply was on Friday and it is now Tuesday morning. The reply on Friday did indicate that these sort of issues that require higher level attention can take longer. Unfortunately when we have to get a programmer involved to diagnose issues they do take a bit longer than normal support.

We of course focus on clients with critical, site-wide issues first. I realize that this probably small comfort to you if the Downloads section of your site is important and I do understand how you could be frustrated. Our staff is working through tickets as I type.

Thank you for taking time to respond Charles, it is very appreciated.

Yes, I understand all you have mentioned. It just doesn't make sense why they would then be working on such a low priority ticket of mine, before the higher priority (Both are at Tier II)? Or even why there's no human response (ie not template response), to let me know they're aware of the issue, and will look at it when they can. That's the part that gets me. I'm left to think this could take weeks to resolve, because I am not told otherwise.

Generally at Tier II, tickets are responded to the same day, let alone next day. I understand the order that things have to go in, it just seems broken to me, since most other support (cPanel, Cloudflare, etc) is within hours, not days. We are talking about websites here, that are expected to run at 99.99% uptime.

Again, I cannot stress how much I appreciate hearing from someone for a change. So thank you Charles for showing me you are listening :)

Trust that they will fix it @d2dyno I am pretty sure all of my tickets since IPS4 have had to be escalated to the second level of support and it always gets fixed.

No doubt they CAN fix it, it's just a matter of when. I'm losing members, losing trust, and quite frankly, losing money. And God help me if they say "It's an issue on your hosts' side" one more time...

I think there is a paradigm shift going on here also, now that Forums are not the core product.  People like the OP might find that downloads are thier top and only priority.   Support has to recognize this.  

I have exactly the same issue, the ticket got set to a low priority because 'it is not high priority' it is for me! I move about 10tb a month of downloads and it is broken, my site is useless without it, can someone please have a look ?

Archived