Advanced Tags & Prefixes - IPS 4.x

Right now it seems like the advanced tool to mass-add tags is ignoring the setting to turn off searching the first post, if I'm understanding it correctly. What I want is to only do the search on the topic titles, but it seems to be returning results based on the title and the first post, even when I've toggled the "first post" switch to off.

On 9/27/2017 at 3:35 PM, eGullet said:

Right now it seems like the advanced tool to mass-add tags is ignoring the setting to turn off searching the first post, if I'm understanding it correctly. What I want is to only do the search on the topic titles, but it seems to be returning results based on the title and the first post, even when I've toggled the "first post" switch to off.

I'll look into that, thanks.

I searched the community, but did not see a Q&A on this already. I apologize if I just missed it. I am running IPS 4.2.4. I believe around the time 4.2 came out, the Advanced Tags... app stopped working for me. I ended up uninstalling the app, thinking that maybe some changes were needed to support 4.2. Figured I would reinstall at a later date. Below, you can see the app listed in the Not Currently Installed list.

Capture1.thumb.PNG.1f3d5c51f46676ed4033443ec315a08b.PNG

Thinking enough time has elapsed, I have tried to reinstall the app, but I am getting the below error:

Capture.thumb.PNG.1a476280aa8cddedf016f0ea921b48b5.PNG

Has this been reporting before and is there a fix? Would appreciate the community's assistance.

On 9/29/2017 at 8:29 AM, 33andrain said:

I searched the community, but did not see a Q&A on this already. I apologize if I just missed it. I am running IPS 4.2.4. I believe around the time 4.2 came out, the Advanced Tags... app stopped working for me. I ended up uninstalling the app, thinking that maybe some changes were needed to support 4.2. Figured I would reinstall at a later date. Below, you can see the app listed in the Not Currently Installed list.

Capture1.thumb.PNG.1f3d5c51f46676ed4033443ec315a08b.PNG

Thinking enough time has elapsed, I have tried to reinstall the app, but I am getting the below error:

Capture.thumb.PNG.1a476280aa8cddedf016f0ea921b48b5.PNG

Has this been reporting before and is there a fix? Would appreciate the community's assistance.

I'm not aware of any such issue, I can't really help with installer errors like that though. Contact IPS support?

Advanced tools -> Rebuild Tag Cache

SELECT `tag_aai_lookup`, `tag_meta_app`, `tag_meta_area`, `tag_meta_id`, `tag_id` FROM `core_tags` GROUP BY `tag_meta_id` ORDER BY `tag_id` ASC LIMIT 0,100
IPS\Db\Exception: Expression #1 of SELECT list is not in GROUP BY clause and contains nonaggregated column 'DB_NAME.core_tags.tag_aai_lookup' which is not functionally dependent on columns in GROUP BY clause; this is incompatible with sql_mode=only_full_group_by (1055)
#0 /var/www/REMOVED/httpdocs/system/Db/Select.php(378): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('/*IPS\\advancedt...', Array, true)
#1 /var/www/REMOVED/httpdocs/system/Db/Select.php(440): IPS\Db\_Select->runQuery()
#2 /var/www/REMOVED/httpdocs/applications/advancedtagsprefixes/modules/admin/manage/tools.php(277): IPS\Db\_Select->rewind()
#3 /var/www/REMOVED/httpdocs/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\advancedtagsprefixes\modules\admin\manage\_tools->rebuild()
#4 /var/www/REMOVED/httpdocs/applications/advancedtagsprefixes/modules/admin/manage/tools.php(26): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#5 /var/www/REMOVED/httpdocs/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\advancedtagsprefixes\modules\admin\manage\_tools->execute()
#6 /var/www/REMOVED/httpdocs/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#7 {main}

On 10/4/2017 at 7:08 PM, Andrzej Pindor said:

Advanced tools -> Rebuild Tag Cache

Is that on the latest version?

22 hours ago, Optic14 said:

Hi @Ryan H. presales question... had a look at the screenshots and it seems this currently doesn't support mass tagging of IP.Gallery images, is that correct?

Correct.

4 hours ago, breatheheavy said:

I have a few pre-sale questions, but I would prefer to discuss PM versus post in the forum. Is that possible? Please let me know or email me at breatheheavydotcom@gmail.com

Feel free to PM me.

3 hours ago, Ernest_Defoe said:

This is probably very simple but I’m an idiot when it comes to html css and the like but what I’d like to know is there a way to have the prefix title one color like say gold and the background color be another say black (going with team colors)?

Sure, that's possible. All CSS. The default prefix formatting has style="...", you just need to fill in the dots.

color: gold; makes colored text.

background: black; makes black background.

http://www.corelangs.com/css/text/csscolor.html

Hi Ryan

In the manage tags section, it says "If you use an open tag system, tags may tend to get out of control. This is to help you stop that. You can sort tags by name or by usage"

I'm using the latest version but there's no option to sort by usage, I can only sort by tag, app or area (there's no directional triangle for usage, so can't sort that column)

Thanks

Rob

On 10/11/2017 at 7:47 PM, Robert Williams said:

Hi Ryan

In the manage tags section, it says "If you use an open tag system, tags may tend to get out of control. This is to help you stop that. You can sort tags by name or by usage"

I'm using the latest version but there's no option to sort by usage, I can only sort by tag, app or area (there's no directional triangle for usage, so can't sort that column)

Thanks

Rob

I'll have to update that text. I revamped that whole section in the last release for 4.2 compatibility, and sorting by usage is no longer realistic (too resource-intensive).

OK, I investigated a bit more and it seems that two out of three prefixes were removed form all my forums for some reason. I can add them back (although it will take a while), but this won't fix it on the topics that used to have prefix, but not anymore.

Any suggestions how this can be improved/rebuild?

13 hours ago, jair101 said:

OK, I investigated a bit more and it seems that two out of three prefixes were removed form all my forums for some reason. I can add them back (although it will take a while), but this won't fix it on the topics that used to have prefix, but not anymore.

Any suggestions how this can be improved/rebuild?

I'm not aware of any circumstances that could cause that, nor what measures you could do to restore whatever was there before (short of database work). If the data's gone, it's gone.

5 hours ago, Ryan H. said:

If the data's gone, it's gone.

Perfect :/ The prefix is still displayed as a tag though, is that salvageable? This should be a prefix, but its tag instead:

image.png.fb6e9329f0a1decbd37737ce5a71e341.png

When I go to edit it, it still shows prefix data (after I added the prefixes back to the forum):

image.png.52e74a0cc3a617e4d7ebd8e9079842af.png

But the formatting of the prefix is not visible on the frontend. Could it be related to the fact that the tag is displayed with capital letter, while the prefix is with small letter? I actually reported an issue long time ago for non latin prefixes, but it was confined to only few topics, which I fixed manually. Now it seems to affect all of them. Running the "convert to lower case" tool does not help, the tag is still with capital letter. 

5 hours ago, jair101 said:

Perfect :/ The prefix is still displayed as a tag though, is that salvageable? This should be a prefix, but its tag instead:

image.png.fb6e9329f0a1decbd37737ce5a71e341.png

When I go to edit it, it still shows prefix data (after I added the prefixes back to the forum):

image.png.52e74a0cc3a617e4d7ebd8e9079842af.png

But the formatting of the prefix is not visible on the frontend. Could it be related to the fact that the tag is displayed with capital letter, while the prefix is with small letter? I actually reported an issue long time ago for non latin prefixes, but it was confined to only few topics, which I fixed manually. Now it seems to affect all of them. Running the "convert to lower case" tool does not help, the tag is still with capital letter. 

It's showing as a prefix, which means it's a prefix. If it's not formatting, that's because it does not match an AT&P prefix to format. Check the AT&P Prefixes section, if it's still there then there must be some difference in capitalization or exact characters or something. I'm not much help when extended character sets are involved.

On 10/19/2017 at 3:47 PM, Ryan H. said:

It's showing as a prefix, which means it's a prefix. If it's not formatting, that's because it does not match an AT&P prefix to format. Check the AT&P Prefixes section, if it's still there then there must be some difference in capitalization or exact characters or something. I'm not much help when extended character sets are involved.

I think it is fair if you put a warning in the description highlighting the possible issues with non latin characters, so that future buyers are warned. 

Weird problem that I'm having:

I disabled this app before upgrading forum from 3.x to 4.2. 

Then purchaded new version and upgraded the app on my site.

All seemed to work all right, no issues. It inhereted 9 prefixes from the previous version.

Added 4 new prefixes (totalling 13). Enabled those prefixes on the forums I wanted them to be available.

Now I can only see the new 4 prefixes when posting a new thread, but not the old ones. :-? (they are there when I go to "manage prefixes" in the ACP

I've tried the tools (fixing errors, recaching). Still same issue. 

(The old ones used a capital letter, and I edited them manually to lower in the manage prefixes)

Edited by Telemacus2

Ok, no worries, fixed. What happened is when I edited those prefixes manually from Capital to lower in the "manage prefixes" section of the acp, each forum's list of allowed prefixes doesnt' update the change, so when I changed a prefix from "Exclusive" to "exclusive", that "exclusive" prefixe would no longer be available in that forum until I reedited that forum's list of allowed prefixes.