Advanced Tags & Prefixes - IPS 4.x

Prefixes doesn't seem to show for me in ipbs 4.1.9.2 beta. don't know because of the beta though. I'm using the default tag and prefix system and want to add a prefix from a tag so that it shows before the topic title. 

I removed cache and disabled all other plugins and apps. the prefix is gone when I enable this app again. I also turned all tag settings on.

Just wanted to inform you if it is because of the beta.  

App Disabled:

1.thumb.png.259eb165878c8dc58787818fe0fcd19a.png

App Enabled: 

2.thumb.png.a59b2e5608f619e14479ca3f0d22ffd4.png

Edited by Monstris
10 hours ago, Monstris said:

Prefixes doesn't seem to show for me in ipbs 4.1.9.2 beta. don't know because of the beta though. I'm using the default tag and prefix system and want to add a prefix from a tag so that it shows before the topic title. 

I removed cache and disabled all other plugins and apps. the prefix is gone when I enable this app again. I also turned all tag settings on.

Just wanted to inform you if it is because of the beta. 

It's probably not related, but you should upgrade. The latest release is 4.1.18, and you shouldn't be running a beta release in production anyway.

Did you set up prefixes in the app?

2 hours ago, Monstris said:

No I want to pick a prefix from a tag and show it before the title. like the default system. 

I don't know that that is related to your issue of the prefix disappearing with the app enabled. That's more likely to do with app settings, or a theme conflict or something else. I don't recall without taking a close look.

That being said, this app doesn't work that way. You can't enter any tag and choose one as a prefix with the app enabled--all prefixes must be predefined and enabled for a forum, and then you can choose one from a dropdown. The app description and screenshots make this pretty clear (I hope), and it is what most people who buy this app are looking for.

I'm having an issue with the "Mass-Add Tags or Prefixes" feature. Here's what I did: 

1. "Search for" was left blank (to grab all the topics in the forums I was selecting)
  2. I chose four forums
  3. I said "Add tags" and added two – I delineated between the two by pushing the "tab" button and they appeared as two separate tags in the box. (See attachment.)
  4. I unchecked "Include pinned topics"

But when I ran the feature, pinned threads were tagged, and all the other threads had not two tags but one. But when I searched for the one-word tag ("sims FFS") nothing comes up. 

58c5a9a4c6544_ScreenShot2017-03-12at12_00_27PM.png.de1f0a01fc10821e57e92453bb51be27.png

58c5a9ec3bf2b_ScreenShot2017-03-12at1_03_56PM.png.29af878095b9a4cd82a17da1b40a0a82.png

58c5a9eedeb5f_ScreenShot2017-03-12at1_04_10PM.thumb.png.60318a84321f21cde086c039017a4f2b.png

Hello,

I've tried to update my test forum to 4.1.19b3 and it seems that AT&P isn't compatible with this version. Prefix aren't visible, just as mentionned in 

Furthermore, in support tools, there is database error in relation with the app:

ALTER TABLE `IPB_forums_forums` CHANGE COLUMN `require_prefix` `require_prefix` TINYINT NULL DEFAULT 0 COMMENT 'AT&P: Require a prefix'
ALTER TABLE `IPB_forums_forums` CHANGE COLUMN `show_prefix_in_desc` `show_prefix_in_desc` TINYINT NULL DEFAULT 0 COMMENT 'AT&P: Show prefixes on index'
ALTER TABLE `IPB_forums_topic_mmod` CHANGE COLUMN `topic_prefix` `topic_prefix` INT NULL DEFAULT -1 COMMENT 'AT&P: Topic prefix'

If needed, I can give an access to my test forum.

Edited by Jujuwar

I bought this a while ago and faithfully used it for our fishing reports section in my fishing forum. After the big update to the IPB newest version, I still see prefixes yet the application isn't installed....yet. :)

I don't see the download link but it is not in my Purchases. Can you please give me access so I can download and install it again? I'm really hoping that the settings carried over in my database.

Thanks,

Jamey

On 3/12/2017 at 4:06 PM, PandemicSoul said:

I'm having an issue with the "Mass-Add Tags or Prefixes" feature. Here's what I did: 

1. "Search for" was left blank (to grab all the topics in the forums I was selecting)
  2. I chose four forums
  3. I said "Add tags" and added two – I delineated between the two by pushing the "tab" button and they appeared as two separate tags in the box. (See attachment.)
  4. I unchecked "Include pinned topics"

But when I ran the feature, pinned threads were tagged, and all the other threads had not two tags but one. But when I searched for the one-word tag ("sims FFS") nothing comes up.

I'll look into that in the next week or two. Thanks for the detailed info.

13 hours ago, Jujuwar said:

Hello,

I've tried to update my test forum to 4.1.19b3 and it seems that AT&P isn't compatible with this version. Prefix aren't visible, just as mentionned in 

Furthermore, in support tools, there is database error in relation with the app:

ALTER TABLE `IPB_forums_forums` CHANGE COLUMN `require_prefix` `require_prefix` TINYINT NULL DEFAULT 0 COMMENT 'AT&P: Require a prefix'
ALTER TABLE `IPB_forums_forums` CHANGE COLUMN `show_prefix_in_desc` `show_prefix_in_desc` TINYINT NULL DEFAULT 0 COMMENT 'AT&P: Show prefixes on index'
ALTER TABLE `IPB_forums_topic_mmod` CHANGE COLUMN `topic_prefix` `topic_prefix` INT NULL DEFAULT -1 COMMENT 'AT&P: Topic prefix'

If needed, I can give an access to my test forum.

Can you provide FTP as well? If not, I'll just have to investigate it on my own. Thanks for the heads up.

19 minutes ago, Subseven said:

I bought this a while ago and faithfully used it for our fishing reports section in my fishing forum. After the big update to the IPB newest version, I still see prefixes yet the application isn't installed....yet. :)

I don't see the download link but it is not in my Purchases. Can you please give me access so I can download and install it again? I'm really hoping that the settings carried over in my database.

Thanks,

Jamey

I don't have record of your purchase on the Marketplace, sorry. Did you just upgrade from 3.x, and you purchased on 3.x previously? That seems most likely. The 4.x version (what's currently on the Marketplace) is a separate purchase. All app settings will be maintained through the upgrade to the current version; IPB's normal tags and prefixes will continue showing up and working in the mean time.

7 minutes ago, Ryan H. said:
7 minutes ago, Ryan H. said:

I don't have record of your purchase on the Marketplace, sorry. Did you just upgrade from 3.x, and you purchased on 3.x previously? That seems most likely. The 4.x version (what's currently on the Marketplace) is a separate purchase. All app settings will be maintained through the upgrade to the current version; IPB's normal tags and prefixes will continue showing up and working in the mean time.

Yeah. I bought it. You're seriously telling me I'd have to buy it again?

prefix.thumb.jpg.4c503eca0a6aa4ab196cd257f0aef7c9.jpg

Edited by Subseven

@Subseven, you should check the first page of the topic, where the things you have brought up were dealt with when the 4.x update of the app was first released.

The unfortunate reality is that the core software was rewritten and so many (maybe even all) third-party software also had to be rewritten, in effect giving third-party developers a brand new piece of software to create. At least, that's how I understand it.

Hi Ryan -

I'm having same issue of pre-fixes not displaying on main page despite that being enabled on settings.  Worked fine before upgrade to 4.1.19 today.  Now it seems the data is there but just not displaying as when you go to edit post you can still change prefix info, just doesn't show up on main page anymore.  Searching on prefixes does work still.

Thanks for looking into fix -

Chad

I can confirm that it happens only after you upgrade to 4.1.19, it was working for me on my 4.1.18 board, but then I upgraded to 4.1.19 and it ceased working. 

Thank you for your efforts to fix it <3 We all really appreciate your hard work, I'm sure :) <3