Advanced Tags & Prefixes - IPS 4.x

33 minutes ago, Yurri said:

Ok. After install your app - window for select Prefixes - not available. (Only in IP Content, creating article). In old versions the same problem.

Before:

After:

That's expected behavior. The app changes all prefixes to predefined only -- you have to set them up within the app (community > AT&P > Prefixes) for them to be accessible. No user-set prefixes.

Interested in this...

Curious if this would be a good way to organize a bunch of records in Pages geographically, instead of creating a lot of different categories (or a combination of both).

Example

Soccer Clubs
Hockey Clubs

By Province - Ten Provinces, then you have cities... ect..

Is there any sort of drill down capability?

Any feedback or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,
JM

52 minutes ago, socceronly said:

Interested in this...

Curious if this would be a good way to organize a bunch of records in Pages geographically, instead of creating a lot of different categories (or a combination of both).

You're welcome to try, but I doubt it would work very well. No, there is no sort of hierarchy in tags or prefixes.

On 1/26/2016 at 11:22 PM, Gnuru said:

Hi Ryan,

thank you for looking into this. This is my log-file when creating a new Forum while enabled the application:

Also I would suggest to use the class ipsType_break for items in the tag-cloud: if you have a long tag, e.g. "qualitätsmanagement" and you put the tag-cloud on the main-page it will break the mobile view.

Thanks, I'll look into that trace, and the break class.

On 1/26/2016 at 4:53 AM, gabs007 said:

I'd like to filter forum threads by tags,  like type of custom search, so the system would only show the threads that contain an specific tag. Each forum could have the option to show a small bar with the suggested or more common tags to filter the threads fast with one click.

For example, imagine I have a recipe forum and each thread in one particular forum is a recipe users can comment. Assigning the right tags to the threads, we could have tags like: oven, sugar, easy, difficult, 1st dish, dessert etc. etc.

So when users go the forum, they could have a set of, for example, 3 combos in a menu on top:  one with elements necessary ( oven, microwave, pan ) another one with ingredients: "sugar, pepper, lemon, chicken etc." and another combo menu for types: "first dish, second dish or dessert"
So people could fitler all threads (if properly tagged)   with recipes "Desserts" only   .... or    recipes:  "1st Dish" and ingregients "chicken" 

Details and complexity could be discussed later, but for now I just wanted to suggest this option and give a few thoughts.
Not sure if this is even possible, or it already exists. or you are interested, but it's far too complex for the aim of this application.

Well, you can do that to an extent through search. I don't plan to implement in-forum filtering by tag/prefix; from previous research, it would be pretty invasive into the core.

On 1/30/2016 at 5:47 AM, David.. said:

@Ryan H. I upgraded the IPB3 version of this to IPS4 and when I try to visit a forum in the Forums tab of ACP, I get "EX2 Something went wrong. Please try again."

I have messaged you the system log. 

Looks like the same issue as Gnuru ran into. I'll look into it, thanks.

Thank you ryan for looking into the ex2 error. If you need access to the board, just send me a pm.

I have seen that tag cloud is using the template system, so I was able to add the ips_break class there:

{{if ( $displayMode == 'cloud' )}}
        <div class='ipsPad_half ipsWidget_inner ipsStyle_center ipsType_break'>
            {{foreach $tags as $tag => $info}}

Thank you ryan for looking into the ex2 error. If you need access to the board, just send me a pm.

I have seen that tag cloud is using the template system, so I was able to add the ips_break class there:

{{if ( $displayMode == 'cloud' )}}
        <div class='ipsPad_half ipsWidget_inner ipsStyle_center ipsType_break'>
            {{foreach $tags as $tag => $info}}

5 hours ago, jpg said:

Just installed on 4.1.7, configured fine, went to edit the options on a forum and I get the following:

EX2 Something went wrong. Please try again.

I have a possible fix, but I can't reproduce to know if it works. Do you have any other addons touching the forum form? In particular, I'm told 'Pre-Defined Topic Fields' might cause that.

55 minutes ago, Ryan H. said:

I have a possible fix, but I can't reproduce to know if it works. Do you have any other addons touching the forum form? In particular, I'm told 'Pre-Defined Topic Fields' might cause that.

Hi Ryan,

having the same problem I have two plugins installed touching the forums:

• [tek] Post anonymously
  • Notify me of Replies enabled

I'll try to disable them and check if the error still occurs.

Trying to update from 3.1.2 to 3.1.3 on IPS 4.1.7 shows me this message :

1C133/9 The application you uploaded cannot be installed because it is not a valid application, the archive is corrupt or the file and directory permissions in /applications do not allow it.

And my /applications directory is in 777 recursive...

@Ryan H. I'm having a problem with "Show Prefixes as categories" on my site where it's not "showing" the correct prefixes.

I added a forum and changed the prefixes but the old ones are still showing. On the new forum the default "site" prefixes are what are showing instead of the two that I have for the forum. I've cleared my cache, recached the tags etc and to no avail.

Any ideas?

On 2/5/2016 at 3:24 AM, EROAN said:

Trying to update from 3.1.2 to 3.1.3 on IPS 4.1.7 shows me this message :

1C133/9 The application you uploaded cannot be installed because it is not a valid application, the archive is corrupt or the file and directory permissions in /applications do not allow it.

And my /applications directory is in 777 recursive...

I don't experience any such problem. I know others have been able to install this release as well. Not sure what to tell you.

15 hours ago, Morrigan said:

@Ryan H. I'm having a problem with "Show Prefixes as categories" on my site where it's not "showing" the correct prefixes.

I added a forum and changed the prefixes but the old ones are still showing. On the new forum the default "site" prefixes are what are showing instead of the two that I have for the forum. I've cleared my cache, recached the tags etc and to no avail.

Any ideas?

I'll have to look into it.

15 hours ago, jpg said:

@Ryan H. any updates? Haven't been able to use the mod since I've purchased :(

Not yet. My time is limited. I have a bunch of bug reports collected that I plan to investigate sometime in the next week.

Big fix release is out. Get it while it's hot.

The only outstanding issue I know of is paging on the tag management tool. It's a core bug, regression since 4.1.6. I've raised it with IPS. Nothing more I can do.

What's New in Version 3.1.4

• Added search index support when editing/removing/recaching tags.
  • Fixed schema 'error' on support tool (missing MySQL int default on an unsigned column).
  • Fixed text wrapping in the tag cloud.
  • Fixed sorting in the tag cloud; will now pull the top N results, then sort.
  • Fixed a possible EX2 error on forum edit.
  • Fixed forum descriptions showing stale prefixes with 'show prefixes as subcategories' enabled.
  • Fixed default tags/prefix settings not saving.
  • Fixed various errors with added tags and search forums on the mass-add tool.

It just occurred to me, some of the tag admin tools probably won't work entirely on versions earlier than IPS 4.1 on account of the search index changes. No such thing prior to then.

So...if you're still running a version earlier than that, upgrade, or yell loudly.

Edited by Ryan H.

Thank you @Ryan H. for updating this plugin.

I changed the tag cloud template to use a friendly url for tags:

<a href="/tags/{$urlEncodedTag}" title="{lang="find_tagged_content" sprintf="$tag"}" style='font-size:{expression="round(($info['scale']*225)+75)"}%;line-height:1;margin:0 5px;' class='ipsField_yesNo'>

Maybe google will honor it :-)