Donations Support

Hi,

I have found 2 new bugs:

1. I just did a offline donate to test the feature...after I donate, I am marked as donators, but the donate marked as unapproved in the payment logs.

2. I have configured Paypal IPN, I guess it works pretty well...But yesterday, someone paid me via Paypal, and after that I found that payment is listed in the payment logs. Actually that payment is not related to the donations app at all, and I think this should not be in the payment log.

And what if I have Commerce App installed? May donators conflict with Commerce?

On 3/10/2015 6:04:55, Nick Boyett said:

I recently purchased the plugin as of yesterday, but I'm having some issues with it. I've following the tutorial and believe that it's installed correctly; however, once a user donates through the plugin, their donation is not showing up. The donation still goes through, and the money is deposited on the paypal, but it's not logged in the donation tracker itself.

Has there been any payment logs recorded in ACP > Donations tab > Payment Logs?

On 3/10/2015 9:25:56, icedream said:

1. I just did a offline donate to test the feature...after I donate, I am marked as donators, but the donate marked as unapproved in the payment logs.

2. I have configured Paypal IPN, I guess it works pretty well...But yesterday, someone paid me via Paypal, and after that I found that payment is listed in the payment logs. Actually that payment is not related to the donations app at all, and I think this should not be in the payment log.

And what if I have Commerce App installed? May donators conflict with Commerce?

1. That's intended as typically offline donations need to approved if going to be made by cheque or any other offline method.

2. What type of ipn transaction was this? I'll see about an exclusion for other payments sent through ipn.

I'm not aware of any conflicts so far with Commerce, at least nothing has been reported yet.

26 minutes ago, Mike John said:

1. That's intended as typically offline donations need to approved if going to be made by cheque or any other offline method.

2. What type of ipn transaction was this? I'll see about an exclusion for other payments sent through ipn.

I'm not aware of any conflicts so far with Commerce, at least nothing has been reported yet.

1. Yes, but it is unapproved in the donations logs, and I don't want to mark it as approved as I haven't got the payment. How can I remove the donators badgets?

2. Array ( [transaction_subject] => [txn_type] => send_money [payment_date] => 09:35:07 Oct 01, 2015 PDT [last_name] => xxx [residence_country] => GB [payment_gross] => xxx [mc_currency] => USD [business] => xxx [payment_type] => instant [protection_eligibility] => Ineligible [verify_sign] => xxxxxx [payer_status] => verified [payer_email] => xxx [txn_id] => xxxx [receiver_email] => xxx [first_name] => xxx [payer_id] => xxx [receiver_id] => xxx [payer_business_name] => xxx [payment_status] => Completed [mc_gross] => xxx [charset] => gb2312 [notify_version] => 3.8 [ipn_track_id] => cc546d8b62e2e )

16 hours ago, Mike John said:

Has there been any payment logs recorded in ACP > Donations tab > Payment Logs?

At the time there wasn't, but I fixed it.

The issue was my fault in not allowing guests to access the donation system.

On 5/10/2015 11:16:21, icedream said:

1. Yes, but it is unapproved in the donations logs, and I don't want to mark it as approved as I haven't got the payment. How can I remove the donators badgets?

In the topic view?

On 6/10/2015 3:22:16, Nick Boyett said:

At the time there wasn't, but I fixed it.

The issue was my fault in not allowing guests to access the donation system.

Yes that's unfortunately required for now. Shouldn't be much longer until I've got a work around for this in place.

5 minutes ago, Mike John said:

I'll include a setting to hide this, doesn't look like it's possible to hide individual hooks like before.

No, I like the feature that you add a badge for donators.

The issue is that my donation is not approved, however I am marked as donators.

Edited by icedream
  • 3 weeks later...
On 26/10/2015 8:48:20, kkucharsky said:

Every person who donate on my forum have a problem. I see communicate - problem "Gateway Email Mismatch". This screen is in attach.

Can you confirm what version of the Donations app your using? This should of been fixed in a recent update.

On 31/10/2015 6:33:11, Koby said:

Is this fully compatible with 4.1?

Not confirmed yet but will be by the end of the week.

On 31/10/2015 6:33:11, Koby said:

I'm needing to reinstall it. I previously purchased the one for 3.4.x so I'd be able to get the updates if I simply renew the license?

Yes if you've got an active IPB 3.4 license, just open a PM and I'll add the IPB 4 for free.

Not sure if this is a stupid question... but should a Donation show up automatically in the the list/log ect?

I have only had one, and I just added it manually.  That chiseled at the total ect... 

I think I installed it correctly.

Edit: Just had a couple of people try it.  I see the money in PP, but nothing is registered in the system.

Looked back over the posts here, but don't see anything obvious to do.

Edited by socceronly
3 hours ago, socceronly said:

Not sure if this is a stupid question... but should a Donation show up automatically in the the list/log ect?

I have only had one, and I just added it manually.  That chiseled at the total ect... 

I think I installed it correctly.

Edit: Just had a couple of people try it.  I see the money in PP, but nothing is registered in the system.

Looked back over the posts here, but don't see anything obvious to do.

I  have the same situation. 

On 4/11/2015 2:49:29, socceronly said:

On 4/11/2015 6:27:35, kkucharsky said:

I  have the same situation. 

Guest access will need to be enabled for the Donations app until this problem can be patched.

On 4/11/2015 9:05:09, SiLink said:

Out of curiosity, will you be looking to include Patreon as part of this? A lot of content creators are opting for this over PayPal these days.

Once bug fixes are up to date, I'll be looking at stuff like features and more gateways.

New intermittent release has been uploaded that includes support for IP.Board 4.1, a few more minor bug fixes and the ability to set multiple recipient options in the Paypal gateway. i.e. Members can choose which Paypal address to use when donating.

I'm working on another release to fix the remaining bugs reported before IPB 4.1 was released.

1 hour ago, Mike John said:

New intermittent release has been uploaded that includes support for IP.Board 4.1, a few more minor bug fixes and the ability to set multiple recipient options in the Paypal gateway. i.e. Members can choose which Paypal address to use when donating.

I'm working on another release to fix the remaining bugs reported before IPB 4.1 was released.

Renewed my license. Thanks!

Hopefully this will have somehow saved all the donation history from IPS 3.4.x

So it did keep the donation history. However it somehow bugged out.

It's showing the total donation history amount as the current amount towards any open goals:

31479217eb.jpg

Also, when I tried the edit the existing goal in admin cp, it gave me an error:

f7ed1a0ada.png

Same error happens when I try to create a new goal. So I can't add or edit goals at all. :/

and the top donors list just says this (while also saying all donations took place in 1969 o.O)

bb6d5ba050.jpg

We've never had offline donations... and apparently it's lost who donated what in the past.

Edited by Koby