Donations Support

Tracker still counts 'unapproved' donations towards goal. I believe it shouldn't add to the goal until/unless approved.

Also on goals it still lists all donations ever made, when it should just list the donations made towards that goal like it did in 3.4.x

On 3/11/2016 at 1:02 AM, Koby said:

Tracker still counts 'unapproved' donations towards goal. I believe it shouldn't add to the goal until/unless approved.

Also on goals it still lists all donations ever made, when it should just list the donations made towards that goal like it did in 3.4.x

On top of this; some parts counts all donations, while others count donations and take fees into account. Because it doesn't do the same in every place you end up with it saying you've reach a different amount.

KzWXEIB.png

As you can see it differs from the left box to the right box, on the same page.

Also on the main Donation page the donate box seems to have a lot of unnecessary borders which make it look really unappealing:

YK9VTDd.png

On 12/3/2016 at 6:02 PM, Koby said:

Both noted for next release.

7 hours ago, Koby said:

On top of this; some parts counts all donations, while others count donations and take fees into account. Because it doesn't do the same in every place you end up with it saying you've reach a different amount.

Confirmed bug, will be fixed next version.

7 hours ago, Koby said:

Also on the main Donation page the donate box seems to have a lot of unnecessary borders which make it look really unappealing:

Is this still the case in the default skin?

Also seems unapproved donations still give users the donation perks of upgrading account, etc. Even when I deleted the donation.

I'm currently utilizing Stripe outside of this plugin (since no gateway yet), so I've setup the 'offline gateway' for people to submit with a description to PM me for details. However they just hit submit there and the tracker gives them an unapproved donation and upgrades their account and adds whatever amount they put to the goal. Even though it was never approved/validated and they never actually sent any money.

and no that display doesn't happen on default; but only because the style has no borders. Any other theme that has proper borders set (no html, just css themes) end up with that. It doesn't happen on other pages of the donation tracker; just the index.

3jsfa2u.jpg See inside a goal looks like: bcOD9XY.jpg

Edited by Koby

Hi @Mike John

I have just noticed that the Donations $ icon Hook in the post container is no longer showing up on our forum. A member donated today and I went to check and noticed it was not displaying on his or any other donors post container.

I added the custom code to the post container again, and still that has not worked. This was on version  3.1.9, so I upgraded to 3.2.1.0 and it is still not functioning. Can I give you my ACP again to have a look?

Thanks

Edited by Neej
On 14/3/2016 at 1:05 PM, Koby said:

It's the latest your site shows.

Just

On 14/3/2016 at 2:51 PM, Neej said:

I have just noticed that the Donations $ icon Hook in the post container is no longer showing up on our forum. A member donated today and I went to check and noticed it was not displaying on his or any other donors post container.

Are you using a custom skin or default skin?

1 minute ago, Mike John said:

Just

Are you using a custom skin or default skin?

Custom skin. But it has worked before, I have not changed the skin.

I feel like it's some sort of conflict with the app itself, not recognising a person has donated. Because even adding that custom code in to the postcontainer no longer works.

Is there an updated code?

6 minutes ago, Neej said:

I feel like it's some sort of conflict with the app itself, not recognising a person has donated. Because even adding that custom code in to the postcontainer no longer works.

There was 1 change recently to ensure only approved donations were added to the members donation count. Are your donations set to pending at all or are you seeing this issue with offline donations?

5 minutes ago, Koby said:

What?

Sorry, didn't come through for some reason.

Just double check your applications/donate/modules/front/donate/index.php was updated. If you could PM me it to double check your end? I've looked and this should definitely be restricted to approved donations.

1 hour ago, Mike John said:

There was 1 change recently to ensure only approved donations were added to the members donation count. Are your donations set to pending at all or are you seeing this issue with offline donations?

All of the donations say 'Approved' next to them in the donation list in ACP. Also none of our donations have been offline, they are all through Paypal. 

Okay turns out it was another plugin (Custom group names) that was screwing with my donator symbol not appearing in the post container.

I have another question though, and this one is going to be extremely nooby.

How do I add the Donate box block via widget code? I Can't seem to find it's block code listed anywhere. I found block_donateDonate and tried both {block="donateDonate"}  and {block="block_donateDonate"} but neither have worked. 

18 hours ago, Neej said:

How do I add the Donate box block via widget code? I Can't seem to find it's block code listed anywhere. I found block_donateDonate and tried both {block="donateDonate"}  and {block="block_donateDonate"} but neither have worked. 

Those are both Pages app code so wouldn't work with the Donations widgets. Is there any reason why you can't place the Donations widget itself in place you want to add this?

3 hours ago, Mike John said:

Those are both Pages app code so wouldn't work with the Donations widgets. Is there any reason why you can't place the Donations widget itself in place you want to add this?

I am using a custom coded page with @media screen to get my desired effect of having a jquery slider at the top and then 2 columns below that. Can see it at www.soc-aus.net to get an idea of what I mean. I was told by members of this community that it was not possible to make a page builder to that effect.

Unfortunately because of this custom code the block manager doesn't seem to work on the page at all, it won't let me drag things from the list. Potentially because of my terrible coding skills I guess I dunno?

Is there some code I can copy to place a donate box in? I tried copying the code from the html>donate section in theme editor but the Donate button itself wouldn't load.

Edit: Actually figured it out. I went to create a new block and noticed there was an option to create a block from a plugin, and Donations was listed there. All sorted!

Edited by Neej
On 3/14/2016 at 8:14 PM, Mike John said:

Both noted for next release.

Confirmed bug, will be fixed next version.

Is this still the case in the default skin?

Our Donations do not reset every month i have to create new goals is there something im missing

On 18/3/2016 at 5:51 AM, 2ucs said:

Our Donations do not reset every month i have to create new goals is there something im missing

Can you check that your goal reset is disabled and only the donations reset are in operation?

On 18/3/2016 at 8:19 AM, Janyour said:

Hello, we have installed recently ssl on our forum, when we click on the Donate button we get an alerte popup message about non crypted data, is there any parameters to set up ?

I don't have ssl to test, can you PM me your forum details and will take a look directly on your site?

10 hours ago, Mike John said:

Can you check that your goal reset is disabled and only the donations reset are in operation?

I don't have ssl to test, can you PM me your forum details and will take a look directly on your site?

Under Automatic reset/ Goals i cant disable it

Capture.PNG

Edited by 2ucs
17 hours ago, Mike John said:

Using the "remove" link or manually removing any values and saving the form?

Thanks, might be a bit of a wait until I can address it.

under donations and under goals i can remove the choose date but

under the choose automatic settings it will add the date again after i save it

When do you expect the new bug fixes to be out? Would really like the tracker to stop displaying three different amounts raised depending on which page your on, as well as to stop unapproved donations as being added to the amount raised. People feel less inclined to donate when the goals are showing close or met already even though they're still actually a long way off.