Donations Support

On 22/2/2016 at 9:21 AM, 2ucs said:

When someone donates I have to manually add what they are donating to in the admin CP it was automatic before the last update to IPS. 

When donating do any of the goal options appear? Do you currently have any automatic reset enabled for goals?

On 22/2/2016 at 10:11 AM, Koby said:

However on user profiles Donation tab it seems to not be displaying their amounts.

Temporary patch available here.

Paymentwall gateway doesn't appear to work. Doesn't seem to have a place for the secret key etc.. and when trying to test it out on the forum there is no button to continue:

gV6O9UB.png

Also your gateway instructions for paymentwall and payza are outdated and as such useless as the pages and settings don't exist in those locations and such anymore. So they could use some re-writes.

Edited by Koby

Also any chance you can add Stripe? They're a credit card -> bank system. I've noticed places like IPSFocus use Stripe for their cart/checkout systems. Figured it should be capable of handling Donations this way too so people can opt out of having to join random pay sites and transfer money to them to transfer money to us and instead just instantly send money via their credit card / debit card with no extra accounts or steps required.

Not sure if something like that is compatible here, but I surely hope it is.

I'm just looking at other alternatives since Paypal isn't an option; and people seem to have to jump through hoops to get validated at places like Skrill and as such just don't want to deal with all the hassles. Since the removal of Paypal, our donations have slowly ground to extinction.

22 hours ago, 2ucs said:

Yes Auto reset is on but doesn't work.

There are 2 tabs, one for "Donations" and the other for "Goals". Do both have date sets?

6 hours ago, Koby said:

Paymentwall gateway doesn't appear to work. Doesn't seem to have a place for the secret key etc.. and when trying to test it out on the forum there is no button to continue:

None in ACP > Donations tab > Gateways > Paymentwall? Should be at the very bottom with fields for api, key, widget.

2 hours ago, Koby said:

Also any chance you can add Stripe? They're a credit card -> bank system. I've noticed places like IPSFocus use Stripe for their cart/checkout systems. Figured it should be capable of handling Donations this way too so people can opt out of having to join random pay sites and transfer money to them to transfer money to us and instead just instantly send money via their credit card / debit card with no extra accounts or steps required.

Stripe is probably the leading candidate for the next gateway.

As you can see in the picture above, there is no button to click to actually send the money.

Anyhow this is ALL the options for paymentwall in the gateway section:

wcDy1bp.png

I emptied the email field for screenshot. I had my email address there.

Edited by Koby
22 hours ago, Mike John said:
22 hours ago, Mike John said:

There are 2 tabs, one for "Donations" and the other for "Goals". Do both have date sets?

None in ACP > Donations tab > Gateways > Paymentwall? Should be at the very bottom with fields for api, key, widget.

Yes Both have reset dates for the 17th of every month. one had another date ill try and donate again

Edited by 2ucs
On 26/2/2016 at 1:44 PM, Koby said:

Anyhow this is ALL the options for paymentwall in the gateway section:

Can you check your "donate_gateways" database table and PM me the contents? Also was this a fresh install or upgrade from IPB 3.4? If an upgrade, from what version?

On 26/2/2016 at 10:42 AM, 2ucs said:

Yes Both have reset dates for the 17th of every month. one had another date ill try and donate again

Setting a "Goal" reset will clear the goal itself. If you want to keep the game goal but just have the donations reset each month, you need to disable the goal reset and just leave the donations reset enabled.

On 2/29/2016 at 7:06 PM, Mike John said:

Can you check your "donate_gateways" database table and PM me the contents? Also was this a fresh install or upgrade from IPB 3.4? If an upgrade, from what version?

PM sent with screenshots.

It was an upgrade from 3.4.8 to 4.1 and then w/e updates you've provided.

On 2/24/2016 at 6:38 PM, Mike John said:

When donating do any of the goal options appear? Do you currently have any automatic reset enabled for goals?

Temporary patch available here.

Patch doesn't fix it. Still shows '--' however the tooltip that pops up over it when you hover displays the correct amount now at least.

On 4/3/2016 at 5:06 AM, Koby said:

Patch doesn't fix it. Still shows '--' however the tooltip that pops up over it when you hover displays the correct amount now at least.

Newest version includes this fix, so I would upgrade as it includes a few other crucial fixes as well.

8 hours ago, enigmapatrick said:

Is there anyway to customise the private message that is sent?

Yes all text is covered under the language manager. So you would just need to edit the language string for the PM message to alter it.

1 hour ago, Mike John said:

Yes all text is covered under the language manager. So you would just need to edit the language string for the PM message to alter it.

Sorry, where is this located?

Also, I was testing some stuff and got myself added to $ Donors but I don't seem to be able to remove it currently.

Thanks for the awesome app and help! :)

28 minutes ago, enigmapatrick said:

Sorry, where is this located?

Also, I was testing some stuff and got myself added to $ Donors but I don't seem to be able to remove it currently.

Thanks for the awesome app and help! :)

In ACP > Customization tab > Localization > Languages.

Can you view donations in ACP > Donations tab > Donations?

Thank you.

2 hours ago, Mike John said:

Newest version includes this fix, so I would upgrade as it includes a few other crucial fixes as well.

Nope. Installed latest version and it didn't fix it.

I'm on 3.2.10 of the Donation Mod and the issue still exists.

I'll PM you.

Edited by Koby
23 hours ago, Koby said:

Nope. Installed latest version and it didn't fix it.

I'm on 3.2.10 of the Donation Mod and the issue still exists.

One last idea. Have you reverted the template changes made so ensure latest code is loading? Also an obvious one but just make sure none of your goals are "private" goals either.

4 hours ago, Mike John said:

One last idea. Have you reverted the template changes made so ensure latest code is loading? Also an obvious one but just make sure none of your goals are "private" goals either.

Reverting the templates worked. Seems it still had the modifications from:

http://www.devfuse.com/forums/tracker/issue-1375-hidden-amount/

after applying app update.

Now if only you could help with the MySQL query error in the PM so it can be ran so that it stops reporting that it needs to be done; things would be grand!

Thanks again Mike John.