Donations Support

Ok so I set mine up and low and behold I had a member donate 20 bucks woohoo...

lol

However when I went into the Classifieds section to set up the payment option through pay pal Which is the same method I had for Donations...

I had to do the API key and code stuff and something happened I didnt know until other members started saying the donate was telling them they can not access Pay pal via and unsecured button, the entire site is set up as SSL so I have no idea I removed the API settings and deleted the entire payment option through Classifieds since I am also having other issues with members being blocked from seeing or adding their own listings in...

And it still wont work I have poked and Its kicking my butt I need to figure all of this out quickly because I am about to receive products to sell and I have members asking for me to fix the classifieds so they can start to use them...

Any help is greatly appreciated

Having some problems setting up a goal to reset properly on a schedule.

My aim is to have a $240 goal, that resets on the 24th of each month

Ideally it wont close the goal if number is met, as I'd prefer to show a surplus instead of having no goal until the reset date.

Currently the goal stays open in a surplus, but does not reset on the 24th.

Any advice would be appreciated. Let me know if i missed anything

Settings as follows:

Goal

Target: $240

* Start/finish: 02/03/2018 - dd/mm/yyyy

* checked options - Show Goal, Force Open

Setup - Automatic Reset

* Choose reset date 03/25/2018

* Choose Automatic Settings 24 day of each month.

On 3/23/2018 at 3:42 PM, Mark White said:

I had to do the API key and code stuff and something happened I didnt know until other members started saying the donate was telling them they can not access Pay pal via and unsecured button, the entire site is set up as SSL so I have no idea I removed the API settings and deleted the entire payment option through Classifieds since I am also having other issues with members being blocked from seeing or adding their own listings in...

What is the exact error their getting? If you enable https on your site, the Donations apps own links will then change to utilize ssl support. I need a bit more info for this one as nothing comes to mind...

On 3/27/2018 at 7:42 PM, Entrippy said:

Currently the goal stays open in a surplus, but does not reset on the 24th.

Are you running your tasks via a cron job or by forum activity? Is your task logs saying the Donations task ran at all? See acp > system tab > advanced configuration > view tasks.

Mine was corrected...

This is what

Joel R 3,104

Told me and it worked...

PayPal Settings

It looks like you have your PayPal settings correct.  However, you're not able to use PayPal on certain transactions (such as Donations) without the customer's real name and billing address.  This is probably why your users are receiving an error, because PayPal is your only payment method.  

• Go to ACP > Commerce > Payments - Settings
  • Click on "Payment Methods" tab.  Verify PayPal information is correct.
  • Click on "Checkout" tab.  You need to enable on all three choices for "Require customer's real name and Billing Address when"

Other recommendations

• Enable Stripe as a payment gateway for backup.  
  • I also added the Stripe as recommended and received a payment via it two hours later for merchandise...

6 hours ago, Mike John said:

What is the exact error their getting? If you enable https on your site, the Donations apps own links will then change to utilize ssl support. I need a bit more info for this one as nothing comes to mind...

Are you running your tasks via a cron job or by forum activity? Is your task logs saying the Donations task ran at all? See acp > system tab > advanced configuration > view tasks.

Cronjob, but to be honest I hadn't looked in to that aspect at all until now.

The task list shows automaticreset as enabled, and the log is empty (no errors). A manually triggered run also returns success.

On 3/29/2018 at 10:32 PM, Entrippy said:

The task list shows automaticreset as enabled, and the log is empty (no errors). A manually triggered run also returns success. 

Could you PM me acp login details to troubleshoot this further? If you are using cronjobs, that should rule out low board activity not trigger the tasks on time.

I think i might have fixed this by disabling force open.

The goal reset automatically at that point but is still open.

If that is the case it would suggest that holding a goal open after its reached and resetting doesnt play well together.

I'll report back when the tick over date comes back around.

On 4/20/2018 at 8:58 PM, Thomas Due Halfdaner said:

Do donations 3.3.0 works on ips 4.3??

There shouldn't be any major issues with the upgrade. But I will still be coming out with an update in the coming weeks that confirms this and also includes some new features I've been working on.

On 4/17/2018 at 9:20 AM, Mike John said:

Yeah that will force a goal open and will see about making that clearer in the descriptions for that field.

Hi Mike,

So with force open disabled, the donation goals widget disappeared once the goal was reached. The only way to make it reappear was to re-enable force open.

I did some further testing around the auto reset and i think i have nailed down the specific problem area.

To recap the intended outcome : Show goal progress, and donors via the "Donation Goals" and "Donation List" Blocks respectively. Upon reaching the intended Goal amount, hold the goal open, and retain the list of donors, until the goal reset date is reached. In short have a recurring goal, with a set reset date, and allow donors to see that the goal has been exceeded until the donation period resets.

Actual outcome: Goal and reset date are set as intended. With "Force Open" enabled, the "Donation Goals" progress bar will exceed the goal amount, but will not reset once the reset date is reached. The auto reset function can be seen to (partially?) work, as the "Donation List" block does clear the list of Donors on the intended reset date. Disabling Force Open has the expected behavior of removing the Donation Goal block once the amount is reached, the "Donation List" block stays present and populated until the reset date is reached, at which point it resets to blanks.

Expected behaviour: Both "Donation Goal" and "Donation List" blocks work in the same manner, that is, both remain present past the goal target (force open), but both reset to 0.00 and Blank once the auto reset date is reached.

Further testing notes: Moving the reset date back and forth will make the list of donors to reset, and then reappear, suggesting that logic similar to "Select donors from donations where donation-date => resetdate" is used to filter the block.

Possible cause: "Donation Goal" does not use the same logic to filter progress as the "Donation List" block. Looking at the code for the frontend components, i can see that "Donations List" donateDonations.php does contain a filter function:

/* Automatic reset? */
        if( \IPS\Settings::i()->dt_donation_reset )
        {
            $where[] = array( 'date>?', (int) \IPS\Settings::i()->dt_donation_reset );    
        }        

donateGoals.php however does not.

On 4/24/2018 at 12:47 AM, Mike John said:

There shouldn't be any major issues with the upgrade. But I will still be coming out with an update in the coming weeks that confirms this and also includes some new features I've been working on.

Can anyone that is using Donations and has also migrated to 4.3 confirm that "there shouldn't be any major issues"?

On 4/24/2018 at 7:25 PM, Entrippy said:

I did some further testing around the auto reset and i think i have nailed down the specific problem area. 

I've logged all details in a bug report and will have fixed in the next release. I can provide some temporary patch if you haven't already modified the problem widget areas.

On 4/27/2018 at 12:46 AM, JTHastings said:

Can anyone that is using Donations and has also migrated to 4.3 confirm that "there shouldn't be any major issues"?

I've got the Donations app on an IPB 4.3 board without any noticeable issues right now. It also lacks the key code that IPB 4.3 modified as well. Hence why I believe there shouldn't be an issue but will of course provide "official" confirmation once I update it.

• 2 weeks later...

@Mike John, thats great news. I appreciate the quick action.

Do you have an indication of when the next release might be? If its likely to be soon then I'm happy to wait, otherwise a patch would be handy.

I haven't tried implementing a fix myself as I've only got a production instance to test against.

On 5/15/2018 at 11:12 AM, Entrippy said:

Do you have an indication of when the next release might be? If its likely to be soon then I'm happy to wait, otherwise a patch would be handy. 

Unfortunately a few more weeks. I've got this one suborn feature that is taking much longer then I expected.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Trying to track down something I noticed today. We have forum with 4.3.2 and donations 3.3.0 enabled. We run monthly goals to support our website costs and game server fees. If a goal of our fixed costs is reached early, say 6/21 at 100%, we will open the next months goal and hide the current months. The issue comes though in that we have donations which were made in June under the July goal, and show as July goal donations, but are not being counted and show on the front end towards that goal. Any ideas at where I could be going wrong?
 @Mike John

Picture1.png

Picture0.png

Edited by Weber