How are best answers handled in the upgrade?

esquire

You can choose to convert it to the new Q&A forum or to a regular forum :)

A regular forum with no mark as solved anymore. The new one looks nice too.

Thanks guys. So in essence, the choices are (a) convert the forum that contains at least 1 BA to a QA forum; or (b) don't convert and lose the BA data. I'm trying to think through how to do things efficiently and neither of these works for me. I was hoping there might be (c) move BA topics to a QA forum I've created along with some other data. Will have to think this through, thanks.

I remember a staff menber saying you can change back and forth between the forum types at any time, so the the BA data will never be lost, just not always visible.

Yes. If you chose one option in the installation process, you can change it by visiting the forum's settings.

I remember a staff menber saying you can change back and forth between the forum types at any time, so the the BA data will never be lost, just not always visible.

Thanks Ralf. I'll see if I can find to confirm this. I assumed it's gone because Followers conversion strips all Friends data and is lost going forward. The only way I can figure to salvage this situation in some way is to be able to mass move all best answer into a QA forum. There will be member mutiny if BAs are lost and the community isn't going to take it out on the developer... only on the admin! :)

Archived