How does IPS 4 handle images uploaded on CKEditor and database custom field upload type? Are thumbnails created?

sobrenome

I would like to know if IPS 4 creates thumbnails or many different images sizes of the images uploaded on text editor and on custom database field type upload.

I know that Gallery creates many images in different sizes based on the image uploaded. But does the core have the same function?

The thumbnail size can be customized?

If there is no thumbnail on text editor and custom databases fields is there a way to implement the Gallery function on them?

Thanks!!!

I would like to know if IPS 4 creates thumbnails or many different images sizes of the images uploaded on text editor and on custom database field type upload.

For the attachment function there are two settings:

• Maximum image dimensions to save
    • If an image larger than the these dimensions is uploaded, it will be resized to no bigger than the dimensions and the original image will be discarded. Resizing images reduces their quality so it is normally best to leave this unlimited unless your community uses a lot of images and you want to reduce disk space use.
  • Maximum image dimensions to display
    • If an image larger than the these dimensions is uploaded, a thumbnail will be created no bigger than the specified dimensions which is what will be displayed. When the user clicks on this thumbnail, the full-sized image is displayed. It is usually best to keep this quite large so images appear attractive unless your community uses a lot of images and you want to reduce bandwidth use.

Unfortunately these options are not enough. I miss an option for a small thumbnail to present many images side by side to be exhibited on a Lightbox only on user click (solution for Pages).

Image to display cannot be treated as a thumbnail, but as the ideal size to show inside the text.

Do you know if I can use Gallery as a database field for Pages?

Thanks!

Archived