Community

Delete My Account

Adriano Faria

7 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

1,668 requests is too much indeed. 😱

I get about 4000 new registrations a day, so 1500-ish deletion requests over 6 weeks seems pretty small to me? A lot of users/leechers register just to download a few things and then delete their account it seems.

I’m not sure which email. See if it shows up in the ACP Members Notifications. If it does, you can disable it there for all members. 

It does. Never noticed that before as I rarely have a reason to look at the notification defaults, but I've switched it to disabled now. 

Edited by ExiledVip3r

23 hours ago, ExiledVip3r said:

It does. Never noticed that before as I rarely have a reason to look at the notification defaults, but I've switched it to disabled now. 

My bad. This notification is the one when someone requests to delete the account. I guess you’re talking about the one when you process the request (approving or denying it)? If so, I have submitted a new version with two new settings so admins can choose if an email will be sent to the user. New version also makes the mass actions (delete all accounts and cancel all requests) to run on a background task.

On 2/9/2021 at 3:01 AM, Adriano Faria said:

Ok. I’ll update the app in a few days to run the requests on a background task. 

On 2/10/2021 at 2:49 AM, Adriano Faria said:

My bad. This notification is the one when someone requests to delete the account. I guess you’re talking about the one when you process the request (approving or denying it)? If so, I have submitted a new version with two new settings so admins can choose if an email will be sent to the user. New version also makes the mass actions (delete all accounts and cancel all requests) to run on a background task.

Thanks so much for the changes! They are a big help to me!

@Adriano Faria My task queue has immediately become overwhelmed and behind by a ton after the update. I only mass deleted about 8 pages of delete requests after the update, I normally have 70+ pages...

Did you limit the number of deletions done per task run? If not, that is likely bogging the task queue down as a result...

This is a few hours after updating, and only half of the current task queue, just what I could fit into a screenshot.

taskqueue.thumb.png.b4dde419e65d634ba76a8e456840f4ed.png

Edited by ExiledVip3r

2 hours ago, ExiledVip3r said:

Did you limit the number of deletions done per task run? If not, that is likely bogging the task queue down as a result...

Of course. 500 per batch. Is it locked? Any error in System Logs? Did you disable the two new settings to not send the emails (your request)?

Maybe 500 is too high yet. I’ll send a PM showing how to change to 250 later. 

--------------------------

If you want to test it with 250, first delete the queue from your DB:

delete from core_queue where app = 'deletemyaccount' 

Then download:

• applications/deletemyaccount/extensions/core/Queue/approveAllRequests.php
  • applications/deletemyaccount/extensions/core/Queue/cancelAllRequests.php

and find:

/**
	 * @brief Number of items to rebuild per cycle
	 */
	public $rebuild	= \IPS\REBUILD_QUICK;

Change to:

/**
	 * @brief Number of files to delete per cycle
	 */
	public $batch = \IPS\REBUILD_NORMAL;

Save both and upload it again.

Click in the button to approve all or cancell all requests in the ModeratorCP.

See how it goes.

Edited by Adriano Faria

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, jp said:

Is there a way to change the name of the anonymised guest name GUEST after you delete a member?

Can we change it to Previous Member or another term?

The deletion itself is handled by the Core, not by my resource so you would need to see in the Core where it's done and which language bit is used.

• 3 months later...
16 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

This info is available on file view. Go and see it. 

Why don't you link me? My AdminCP marketplace installed app brought me straight here. From within the installed plugin that information was not available.

OK found it, but why is that information not in the Changelog where we would all be able to see it?