FAQ System (IPS v4)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello @HeadStand

I would like to suggest a feature that will help the administrators a lot. 

It's very difficult to locate a FAQ and edit it. The process is somewhat slow.

Would it be possible for admins to edit the collections and the questions in the frontend when viewing the FAQ? It takes time to browse over dozens of questions under Manage questions to find the question that needs to be edited. When you have hundreds of questions it makes it even more difficult 😞

• Can we have the Edit/Delete button next to the Questions/Collections also in the frontend apart from having them under Manage Questions?
  • There is no way to search questions under Manage Questions, so that makes it slower as well

See screenshots below.

Thanks a lot

image.png

image.png

• 1 month later...
On 2/24/2022 at 6:36 AM, Edjazoli said:

Hi, so I was testing few things and I love the automatic language translation but im disappointed that the main faq collection description is not translatable ?? It will make send that users will see the "faq Title" in the own language as well???

Any chance for an upgrade in next version?please...

Screenshot 2022-02-23 at 21.33.06.png

A new version has been pushed to the Marketplace and is pending approval. All Collection properties (except the key) are now translatable.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi E.

I just ran a rebuild of my site's existing content and got an error. Posted in Support (https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/468986-ran-a-rebuild-of-links-now-error/#comment-2903674) and it was suggested that the FAQ app might be at play.

Rather than copy the entire error and pollute the thread here, could you check it out there. And the support response I got was that the FAQ app was is using \IPS\Member::loggedIn() where it shouldn't be used.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

Edited by Giray
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2022 at 4:14 AM, Stefan Johansson_72643 said:

Hi, I get an error in the PHP8 comp check in the IPB dashboard. See the first two lines in the screen shot below.

Seems that the FAQ application works on my site, so not a critical error for me but might be good for you to look into for future releases.

Many thanks, Stefan

Could contain: Text, Paper, Advertisement, Flyer, Brochure, Poster

The file referenced in the screenshot does not exist. You may need to manually delete it from your server... but it's definitely not part of the distribution, not for quite some time.

On 9/8/2020 at 12:30 PM, Dads 101 said:

I want to allow club owners to create own FAQ sections in their clubs.

Hi. Following up on an old post. I have club owners asking for an FAQ. Is there any chance of making the FAQ into a club feature thus allowing any club who wants it, their own FAQ?

Thx.

On 8/25/2022 at 2:54 PM, Giray said:

Hi E.

I just ran a rebuild of my site's existing content and got an error. Posted in Support (https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/468986-ran-a-rebuild-of-links-now-error/#comment-2903674) and it was suggested that the FAQ app might be at play.

Rather than copy the entire error and pollute the thread here, could you check it out there. And the support response I got was that the FAQ app was is using \IPS\Member::loggedIn() where it shouldn't be used.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

Just pushed a new version to the Marketplace, it fixes this issue.

5 minutes ago, Giray said:

Hi. Following up on an old post. I have club owners asking for an FAQ. Is there any chance of making the FAQ into a club feature thus allowing any club who wants it, their own FAQ?

Thx.

Possibly, but not any time in the next couple of weeks. I'm swamped.

20 hours ago, HeadStand said:

The file referenced in the screenshot does not exist. You may need to manually delete it from your server... but it's definitely not part of the distribution, not for quite some time.

Thanks, I manually deleted that file (FAQ.php) and the PHP8 incomp warning disappeared.

However, now the FAQ system application shows up as "locked" in my dashboard list of applications, and I cannot unlock it myself, the IPB software asks for an updated version.

Could contain: Text

Edited by Stefan Johansson_72643
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/10/2022 at 8:31 AM, Stefan Johansson_72643 said:

Thanks, I manually deleted that file (FAQ.php) and the PHP8 incomp warning disappeared.

However, now the FAQ system application shows up as "locked" in my dashboard list of applications, and I cannot unlock it myself, the IPB software asks for an updated version.

Could contain: Text

I'm honestly not sure how to correct that. It's something you'd have to ask IPS. I mean... there is no update for me to push, so I don't know how I can handle it from my end.