Forms Support

Does this application have the ability to create a form which returns results from a database table?

For instance, I'm looking for a solution where I can build a form that essentially queries a database and returns results in a table format based on what was input into the form.

So, pretend my form as four text inputs. These inputs would essentially be the WHERE clause of a SQL query.

No clue if I'm explaining that correctly, but do you get where I'm going?

On 6/2/2018 at 9:20 AM, rngrdanny22 said:

Does this application have the ability to create a form which returns results from a database table?

No not currently. I've got "custom php field processing" on the drawing board for each field. So for example you could intercept the text value and return something else with php.

But it's not something that is widely requested and would probably be a feature version or two away.

Edited by Mike John

Are there any plans to integrate Forms with @Kevin Carwile's Rules app?  I know you've already included functions for things to do when a form has been submitted, e.g. send emails, PMs, etc., but right now the only things you can reach in Rules are triggered events related to Forms Logs, which is of very limited use.

It would be great to be able to trigger more outcomes when forms are submitted, when certain values are included, or even when forms are left incomplete.

On 6/4/2018 at 10:54 PM, liquidfractal said:

Are there any plans to integrate Forms with @Kevin Carwile's Rules app?  I know you've already included functions for things to do when a form has been submitted, e.g. send emails, PMs, etc., but right now the only things you can reach in Rules are triggered events related to Forms Logs, which is of very limited use. 

To be honest, in the short to medium term probably nothing beyond the integration that was already added by Kevin himself.

Hey guys,

Got an issue with this. I get the following error while your application is installed and im trying to set up a new Group on my forums. Only happens when your application is installed. 

EX1054 Something went wrong. Please try again.

UPDATE `core_groups` core_groups  SET `prefix`='<span style=\'color:#3cff00\'>',`suffix`='</span>',`g_promote_exclude`=false,`g_dname_date`=1,`g_signature_limits`='0:0:::0:0',`g_view_board`=true,`g_dohtml`=false,`g_access_offline`=false,`g_hide_online_list`=false,`g_view_displaynamehistory`=true,`g_edit_profile`=true,`g_upload_animated_photos`=true,`g_can_msg_attach`=false,`g_post_polls`=true,`g_vote_polls`=true,`g_close_polls`=false,`g_attach_max`=0,`g_append_edit`=false,`g_avoid_flood`=false,`g_avoid_q`=false,`g_mod_preview`=false,`g_bypass_badwords`=false,`g_edit_posts`=0,`g_hide_own_posts`=0,`g_delete_own_posts`=0,`g_lock_unlock_own`=0,`g_can_report`=0,`steam_pull`=true,`steam_index`=true,`g_secgind_position`=32,`ms_can_bank`=true,`ms_daily_points`=0 WHERE g_id=23 
IPS\Db\Exception: Unknown column 'ms_daily_points' in 'field list' (1054)
#0 /home/caffeinegam/public_html/forum/system/Db/Db.php(990): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('/*IPS\\Member\\_G...', Array)
#1 /home/caffeinegam/public_html/forum/system/Patterns/ActiveRecord.php(492): IPS\_Db->update('`core_groups` c...', '`prefix`=?,`suf...', 'WHERE g_id=?')
#2 /home/caffeinegam/public_html/forum/system/Member/Group.php(323): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord->save()
#3 /home/caffeinegam/public_html/forum/applications/core/modules/admin/members/groups.php(223): IPS\Member\_Group->save()
#4 /home/caffeinegam/public_html/forum/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\core\modules\admin\members\_groups->form()
#5 /home/caffeinegam/public_html/forum/applications/core/modules/admin/members/groups.php(34): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#6 /home/caffeinegam/public_html/forum/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\core\modules\admin\members\_groups->execute()
#7 /home/caffeinegam/public_html/forum/admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#8 {main}

Also Are you able to turn the bank option of?

Is it also possible to display the amount of points you have in the avatar area on forum posts?

4 hours ago, CaffeineGaming said:

Got an issue with this. I get the following error while your application is installed and im trying to set up a new Group on my forums. Only happens when your application is installed. 

I think you might have gotten the wrong support topic. ?

I was also wondering if an option could be included that would allow us to set the default size of text fields?  It doesn't always look good when you have several text fields stretching the entire length of the webpage.  This is kinda related to my previous idea of being able to set blocks of checkboxes for options instead of having everything listed all the way down the left-hand side of the page in a very linear fashion.

• 1 month later...

I just tried making a copy of an existing Form and it copied across, but without any of the fields from the old one.  Is this intentional?  If I can't copy across the fields as well in order to edit/rename them there doesn't seem to be much point in copying a Form.

Ok, just saw that you can copy each field across to different forms, but that seems an awful lot of work to duplicate an entire Form.  Perhaps an option to copy an entire form w/fields across (or at least a checkbox select/Select All option for fields in a given form)?

Edited by liquidfractal
On 8/13/2018 at 1:07 PM, liquidfractal said:

I just tried making a copy of an existing Form and it copied across, but without any of the fields from the old one.  Is this intentional?  If I can't copy across the fields as well in order to edit/rename them there doesn't seem to be much point in copying a Form. 

Intentional at this point unfortunately. I did look at this in a recent bug fixing update but the solution is a bit more complex and has been flagged for a future feature update.

• 2 months later...

Hi! Forms looks like a good fit for us. But can you confirm that it would work for us?

We use IPB as an internal community for our chain of stores, and our use-case is this: 
We want a form on a seperate page, where we want people to fill in info about gifts / prizes they give out in their respective store, and when they hit save, we want to relay that information to accounting via email.

I'm having a problem with an existing form. The background of the form rules and the font are both white, so the form rules are unreadable. I am using the standard "out of the box" 4.3.6 version of Invision Community, and I have no custom CSS. How can I change the font in the form rules to make it black? The form I am talking about is here:

https://www.turkeycentral.com/forms/5-turkey-expat-residence-permit-health-insurance/

On 10/17/2018 at 7:45 PM, Akademika said:

Hi! Forms looks like a good fit for us. But can you confirm that it would work for us?

The forms can either be displayed via widget blocks or on a separate "form" submission page. So should work how you want. If it helps, I can setup a demo so you can make sure you can reproduce the setup you want?

On 10/18/2018 at 10:12 PM, Bendensin said:

I'm having a problem with an existing form. The background of the form rules and the font are both white, so the form rules are unreadable. I am using the standard "out of the box" 4.3.6 version of Invision Community, and I have no custom CSS. How can I change the font in the form rules to make it black? The form I am talking about is here:

If you edit your form, do you have anything selected for the rules color?

8wz1ZYw.png

Oh... I didn't see the setting for that. I had selected white as the background. I just now went into the text area and changed the font color to black. But that also made the links black.

I would like to set it up so that the form acts like a topic or an article in Content, rather than having any colored background, and just have the text black. Is that possible?

Are you seeing the setting that I took a picture of? (Just because there was a CSS bug with IPB4 itself recently that affected this setting.)

Do you know how to setup custom css? If so, the easiest way would be to probably add your custom css class in the theme editor and then use the new "Form CSS" field to add that css class.

I saw the photo, and that is how I have it set up, with a white background. And the text is also white (that is what I need to change).

So if I understand correctly, Forms is set by default to display the text in white, and the only way it can be changed is by using custom CSS? And if someone chooses white as a background, the text will become invisible? I'm not trying to be snarky here, just thinking this might be an issue...

I do know how to set up custom CSS... I was going to do that, but thought there might be a setting I didn't know about or maybe even a bug.

On 10/25/2018 at 8:00 PM, Bendensin said:

I do know how to set up custom CSS... I was going to do that, but thought there might be a setting I didn't know about or maybe even a bug.

Would I be able to get access to your site or a copy of your theme? (Screenshot also) I'm thinking that either I'm not understanding you correctly or perhaps there is a theme difference in what your seeing to what I'm seeing on my own test board.