(NB40) Secondary Group Icons

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

14 hours ago, Heavy Harmonies said:

Would you mind updating the marketplace entry? It looks like this module was last updated in November 2015 and is not compatible with the current version of IPB.

The date of update doesn't mean what the plugin doesn't work with latest version.

I made quick test and plugin works fine.

IPS 4.2.2

secgroups.jpg.bb3120c98ab76ec14b896205e11e70ec.jpg

Any case if you will have any issues with plugin please tell me and I'll  fix.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, GregHarv said:

I have the issue of this not working at all. I have installed the newest version as well as an older version, but I am not able to see secondary groups in either the post's or profiles. 

Thanks Greg

Hello,

Version IPS?

Have you configure the plugin?

Have you add images to groups?

Disable Designer Mode if it enabled

1 minute ago, GregHarv said:

I have added a few images, but they still don't show up. Just to clarify I can add them through the groups in AdminCP

Have you test with user which have secondary groups?

Tested on 4.2.3

Group icon

mod1.thumb.jpg.03ec2e610610ba7ed2aadef96b327387.jpg

User settings

mod2.thumb.jpg.8a72d5a030dee77fafef410eb3c6cf73.jpg

Post view

mod3.jpg.5af78cd1600f5f4fa88635b758943339.jpg

I need more information how to reproduce the problem.

Hello,

The plugin works on the profiles, but its not showing the secondary group images on the authorpane in the topics.  I'm currently running 4.2.3

What it currently looks like:

f2cd9abf2522c358216d99c95ccfb0e3.png

What it should look like:

b2246b4581d716f9784ff0e49705951f.png

It does show up on their profiles, however:

8a25aed9867f6b616dfc33beba95843a.png

Group icon settings:

96e99f194ea4a370c07017b2ad9374ae.png

Member's secondary group:

ca6f2e65768aded7eca6dda7b433e5c2.png

Edited by GASR
5 hours ago, GASR said:

The plugin works on the profiles, but its not showing the secondary group images on the authorpane in the topics.  I'm currently running 4.2.3

Hello,

1. Have you plugins which modified user info pane area?

2. You use custom skin. Can you reproduce the problem on default (inbuilt) skin?

@newbie LAC

1.  No, not at all, but I went ahead and double checked just to be sure nothing I had conflicted with the author pane.  

I do have the "Group Color on User Link" plugin that also colorizes the names in the info pane, however I disabled it and the problem still existed after a cache clear, which I stated below.

2.  My theme is the default theme with only minor template changes and mostly css color changes.  The only thing missing from the authorpane that would be there normally by default are the group titles, which I hid due to not wanting the group "Member" showing."  I did switch back to the default theme, but the problem still persists.  So I went and disabled all plugins, applications, etc. via the support tab, did a cache clear, and it's still not showing properly.

a5dfd3585d44c3a18aed69d982c3c892.png

Pea's secondary group is member, so the green bar showing under Rosybub should be displaying as well.  It shows on Pea's profile, just not her author/info pane.

Edited by GASR
12 hours ago, GASR said:

2.  My theme is the default theme with only minor template changes and mostly css color changes.  The only thing missing from the authorpane that would be there normally by default are the group titles, which I hid due to not wanting the group "Member" showing."  I did switch back to the default theme, but the problem still persists.  So I went and disabled all plugins, applications, etc. via the support tab, did a cache clear, and it's still not showing properly.

Your post template is modified.

Depending on the settings I used 

.cAuthorPane_photo + li + li

or

.cAuthorPane_photo + li

In your theme I don't see these selectors.

Open xml file and change 

'selector' => '.cAuthorPane_photo + li + li',
      'type' => 'add_after',

and 

'selector' => '.cAuthorPane_photo + li',
      'type' => 'add_after',

To 

'selector' => 'li.cAuthorPane_photo',
      'type' => 'add_after',

• 3 months later...
Just now, newbie LAC said:

Hello,

Not sure what you mean.

Clarify please

I wonder how you fix so that you are able to see all the persons groups next into thier posts, right now im only able to see primary and secondary groups there.
I want to be able to shown more,  lite this:
sdsdsd.png.ca78907f11e8ba40f0dcfc935079974d.png

3 minutes ago, newbie LAC said:

- Add group icons

- Give to member secondary groups. Go to his profile on ACP and select secondary icons.

- Configure the plugin on the plugins page

Im only able to set one secondary group per user?

• 1 month later...

The plugin works on 4.2.7 but has some minor issues:

1. Please integrate .svg support and the option to define dimensions.
  2. transparent png aren't looking clear on high resolution screens. There should be an option to upload them in double their size, but manually reduce dimensions
  3. As soon as I logout, only the primary group icon is displayed in the postbit/author panel. The secondary group icons aren't shown for guests, but they should.
  4. It would be great, if we could define a maximum number of secondary groups icons/badges that will be displayed. If members are in 10 secondary groups for example, it looks chaotic. As we have the option to reorder them (most important are reordered to the top of the list), it should stop f.e. after showing 5 badges...

Thanks.

Hello,

8 hours ago, Cyboman said:
  • Please integrate .svg support and the option to define dimensions.

My plugin doesn't control an upload process. The svg files also are not secure.

• transparent png aren't looking clear on high resolution screens. There should be an option to upload them in double their size, but manually reduce dimensions

My plugin doesn't control an upload process.

• As soon as I logout, only the primary group icon is displayed in the postbit/author panel. The secondary group icons aren't shown for guests, but they should.

I can't reproduce. Please show me the plugin settings and test on default skin.

1. It would be great, if we could define a maximum number of secondary groups icons/badges that will be displayed. If members are in 10 secondary groups for example, it looks chaotic. As we have the option to reorder them (most important are reordered to the top of the list), it should stop f.e. after showing 5 badges...

I'll add new setting. Do you need it for post and for profile? Or 1 for both areas?

17 hours ago, newbie LAC said:
On ‎04‎.‎02‎.‎2018 at 9:52 PM, Cyboman said:
  • As soon as I logout, only the primary group icon is displayed in the postbit/author panel. The secondary group icons aren't shown for guests, but they should.

I can't reproduce. Please show me the plugin settings and test on default skin.

Sorry, this one was my fault ;( I had guest access disabled for secondary group icons ;) 

17 hours ago, newbie LAC said:
On ‎04‎.‎02‎.‎2018 at 9:52 PM, Cyboman said:
  1. It would be great, if we could define a maximum number of secondary groups icons/badges that will be displayed. If members are in 10 secondary groups for example, it looks chaotic. As we have the option to reorder them (most important are reordered to the top of the list), it should stop f.e. after showing 5 badges...

I'll add new setting. Do you need it for post and for profile? Or 1 for both areas?

A separate setting would be great. There is lots of space in the profile pages, but not in the userpanel/postbit on the forum frontend... Thanks.