Community

Mike John

Messages Support

On 3/21/2019 at 6:51 PM, MIXOH said:

Small visual bug, when options Include global title? and Allow collapse? is Disabled, blank header H3 still displayed. This is a bit confusing markup, especially in the mobile version.

Thanks, noted this change for the next update. Assuming it looks good in the default theme, it will be included.

Edited by Mike John

Hi, the message can be placed in the topic page, the page where show the topic content and replies?

only admin can use it or I can set members to use it?

if I can give members ability to use, is possible they don't have to use it through ACP?

On 9/8/2019 at 12:30 AM, kmk said:

Hi, the message can be placed in the topic page, the page where show the topic content and replies?

only admin can use it or I can set members to use it?

if I can give members ability to use, is possible they don't have to use it through ACP?

The widget block can be placed in any widget area. So there is a horizontal one at the top of the topic area I believe.

Only admins can use, I will look at adding member support in the future but it's not highly requested and is a big change to implement just for a few people.

On 9/8/2019 at 12:36 AM, kmk said:

is possible show by language too?

Not currently but should be straight forward and noted for the next update.

Messages v2.4.0 has been released with these changes.

• Ability to set custom message background and text colors.
  • Ability to set a start and finish time for messages.
  • Several more bug fixes.

On 10/3/2019 at 9:18 AM, Mike John said:

Ability to set custom message background and text colors.

@Mike John: Can we also choose a custom font awesome icon?

Would it also be possible to add a CKEditor button, so that we can use the message to embed into content? To date, I use a different plugin but I have to manually add the messages. I'm also experiencing issues due it being old now.

However, your application is better suited to what I seek. I can save various templates and customise the messages further. Allowing team members to choose what message is shown, without me having to provide them the code as I do now.

Plus, it cuts the hassle of explaining what people need to do each time someone new does something.

This feature would be awesome.

PS. If we could organise the message into categories that would also be such an awesome addition!

Edited by Joey_M

On 12/25/2019 at 8:54 AM, Joey_M said:

Can we also choose a custom font awesome icon?

Would it also be possible to add a CKEditor button, so that we can use the message to embed into content? To date, I use a different plugin but I have to manually add the messages. I'm also experiencing issues due it being old now.

Both suggestions saved and will be looked into. I'll have to think about the editor button though and the best way to implement it.

6 hours ago, Mike John said:

Both suggestions saved and will be looked into. I'll have to think about the editor button though and the best way to implement it.

You're a star Michael, thank you for the consideration.

On 12/30/2019 at 11:39 AM, Mike John said:

Capture01.PNG.71dacf4965605ea2be772015c32ee06e.PNG

with a close button it will be very good