Videos Support

On 20/01/2018 at 2:06 AM, Mike John said:

Do you have ftp access to your files or are you cloud hosted? I've actually got some previously used code to add "thumbnail" support to the existing rebuild feature. Which should make it into the next version but can provide a patch sooner if you can modify your files.

On 20/01/2018 at 8:52 AM, The Old Man said:

Hi Mike,

Yes, I have FTP access to my VPS, not on IPS cloud hosting. That would be great, currently my Videos System looks very broken.

Many thanks.

Any news on a fix, please Mike? My videos are still showing no image thumbnails since moving to S3 and Cloudfront.

876FBFE3-F670-43EE-837D-DAEE8EE9FF6D.thumb.png.41ff362942cbd8b1f11ac493a1a8a655.png

The rebuild tool doesn't fix the thumbnails. If I edit a video and save it, it creates a new thumbnail but I need a bulk fix, ideally. Thanks.

On 1/21/2018 at 9:51 AM, liquidfractal said:

Just now noticed that Video Statistics, on the Videos splash page, doesn't update when you delete videos: I had one test video and deleted it, and the video count remains at 1.

I've noted this in a bug report. I'm actually in the middle of updating the Videos app now, so will be included in the very next release.

On 1/28/2018 at 12:23 AM, Durango said:

I set 21 videos to show by category page in the settings

Do you have anything set in the categories "per page" setting? If a value is detected in the category settings, it will override the "Videos per page" video setting.

On 2/2/2018 at 6:48 AM, The Old Man said:

Any news on a fix, please Mike? My videos are still showing no image thumbnails since moving to S3 and Cloudfront.

I apologies for the delay, will PM you shortly.

Hi Mike,

I just enabled Clubs and when adding a Video with a YouTube link, it doesn't seem to grab the Description from YT.

I tried adding a video in the main Video app to compare, and the same, the video appears with the thumbnail but without a description. Is that intentional? I'm sure it used to fetch the description as well as the title and thumbnail.

No biggie as the videos look nice and neat with no description but may be a bug for others?

Many thanks.

On 2/9/2018 at 11:44 PM, The Old Man said:

I just enabled Clubs and when adding a Video with a YouTube link, it doesn't seem to grab the Description from YT.

As in automatically grab the title and description like the IPB 3.4 version did with "quick add video"? If so, watch this space.

On 2/13/2018 at 11:43 AM, Blisslandia said:

Have you had any customers buy this to sell video access and not just provide it?

None that I'm aware of and it's not something that has native support in the Videos app either sorry.

Edited by Mike John

Hi, I wrote a script to migrate videos from vBulletin Addon Video-Directory Remixed.
I mangaged to import categories, videos, comments and tags, so far.
But I need help with the tags. You can see them on the video page but you can't search them.
I am sure this is because I just filled table core_tags and kept core_tags_cache and core_tags_perms untouched.
So my question is how to fill core_tags_cache and core_tags_cache. Is there a background routine / maintenance process I can call?

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/22/2018 at 2:06 AM, eskaiter said:

But I am stil wondering about different record counts.

The counts will be a bit different because core_tags will have a row for each tag and the other tables will have a row for each content item (video).

I would of suggested using something like the "setTags" function from "system/Content/Item.php" and to loop through the videos database table. It handles all 3 tags tables for you. But if the search index rebuilt the cache and perms for you, then it should be fine.

• 1 month later...

Videos v3.3 has been released and is the first of my major apps to receive new feature updates this year.  I added several of the most popular requested suggestions including:

1. Per category custom field support.
  2. Quick add video support.
  3. Video.JS support for uploaded videos.
  4. Improved front end design new trending, followed, discover and featured tabs .Including pagination and sorting.
  5. RSS import support for videos.
  6. IP.Board 4.3.x compatibility update.

If you have any suggestions for future versions, please let me know.

2mktBx0.png

ndlpqKN.png

lR9FFgz.png

49HOvTf.png

YSQMTvX.png

LxU4wf9.png

py7U9Bb.png

chJOgb9.png

WTUdcHv.png

ZuUvkHH.png

QlTt6F7.png

dLIj5AM.png

EWWaBSv.jpg

1 hour ago, Mike John said:

v3.3.1 will fix several bugs from the new version except for the furl issue you had. Still working on that and shouldn't be too far behind.

I'm definitely better waiting for the next release then! My community would probably not be too happy with me, if we brought that issue back! Thanks again. 

On 4/15/2018 at 9:10 AM, Steph40 said:

@Mike John Thank you for the effort you put in and the respect you have for customers. Bought the app on your site, not here, but felt the need to say it here.

Thank you. ?

On 4/15/2018 at 10:27 AM, The Old Man said:

I'm definitely better waiting for the next release then! My community would probably not be too happy with me, if we brought that issue back! Thanks again.

If you can just remind me in a few days, it shouldn't be much longer.

On 4/15/2018 at 7:24 PM, Josiah Wallingford said:

I found this and it seems to be working: 

Yeah it seems there is still ways to get a feed through that method. Will see how that goes and if I need to, I can just expand the import code to support the Youtube API itself.

On 4/18/2018 at 4:42 AM, sound said:

the 'trending' display appears to be sorted via the 'tid' not 'video_trending_views' ?

Can you point me to the code your talking about? The default sort for the "trending" tab should be.

$table->sortBy        = 'video_trending_views';
            $table->sortDirection = 'desc';
On 4/17/2018 at 7:42 PM, sound said:

seems to be a flaw with the sorting of the various tabs for the front index on version for 4.2

the 'trending' display appears to be sorted via the 'tid' not 'video_trending_views' ?

the below edit seems to fix this for both 4.2 and 4.3 versions

//    $table->sortOptions   = array();
        $table->sortOptions = array( 'video_trending_views' );

how did this get thru pre-release checking?

On 4/22/2018 at 3:04 AM, sound said:

the below edit seems to fix this for both 4.2 and 4.3 versions

Thank you, my apologies. Disabling the sort options was intended but obviously it's causing issues because the sort by is checked against the sort options array. My tested was done via the date the video was added, so never noticed the sort not being applied.

Logged this as a bug report and will be fixed next release.