Birthday Greeter Support

Thanks

I tried to update, I was 1 version behind and got an error, so I uninstalled and tried to upload the current version and got this:

1C133/9 The application you uploaded cannot be installed because it is not a valid application, the archive is corrupt or the file and directory permissions in /applications do not allow it.

Is that me, or the app?  I've had issues with a couple of apps, and others that have been fine.

On 7/28/2017 at 9:14 AM, Square Wheels said:

1C133/9 The application you uploaded cannot be installed because it is not a valid application, the archive is corrupt or the file and directory permissions in /applications do not allow it.

That error code seems to suggest an issue with the PHP Phar extension. You might want to check with your host that it supports it. Otherwise you need to manually upload the application files to the "applications" folder and install it through the acp. Let me know if you need further help with that.

16 hours ago, Mike John said:

That error code seems to suggest an issue with the PHP Phar extension. You might want to check with your host that it supports it. Otherwise you need to manually upload the application files to the "applications" folder and install it through the acp. Let me know if you need further help with that.

Thank you, I seemed to get a lot of folder permission errors after I upgraded.  My host fixed it for me and I installed the new version.

• 1 month later...

Hi @Mike John I had the same error after i upgraded to 4.2 and then upgraded my videos app

So i chose the transfer files method and it worked

but the problem is all videos are now posted by "guest" !! it removed the previous members  who posted, so no video is actually online : i can see them as an admin but they are all "to be approved" as all posted by "guest"

What can i do ? tx !!

13 hours ago, Durango said:

but the problem is all videos are now posted by "guest" !! it removed the previous members  who posted, so no video is actually online : i can see them as an admin but they are all "to be approved" as all posted by "guest"

You might want to post in the Videos support topic instead... If I could get a few things clarified:

1. What version of the application did you upgrade from?
  2. Could you check the videos_videos database table and take a screenshot of the fields and several lines of data for me?

There shouldn't be any "delete" query in the upgrade files for member ids. But it sounds like the field for the member id wasn't renamed properly, if that's the case the data should still be there but just in a different field name.

• 3 weeks later...

@Mike John

Hey there,

I'm not sure if it's due to the recent updates/patches, but the application isn't working on our website.  It's not sending emails, private messages, or creating a post in the assigned thread given in settings.  

I've done the usual:  Cache clear, check to see if anything was conflicting with it to the best of my knowledge of the other applications and plugins we have, etc.  

I'll stick screenshots of my current settings down below in case this is user error, and if it is, I apologize.

General Settings:

90d329599b77da92f5698ec7fe2ea371.png

e584c43e273c6e85ca87087c4c1427a7.png

e64fd49e90bf41eac932a009995d8fdb.png

812840fccac1c729858c3d1c47555d8a.png

On 9/21/2017 at 10:14 AM, GASR said:

I'm not sure if it's due to the recent updates/patches, but the application isn't working on our website.  It's not sending emails, private messages, or creating a post in the assigned thread given in settings.  

What do you currently use to run your tasks? A cron job or using web traffic? If you run the task manually, does it send anything out. (ACP > System tab > Advanced Configuration > View Tasks link > Run "Birthday Greeter" task.)

@Mike John

I currently use web traffic.  I also want to correct what I said before.  It seems the PMs and Emails are in fact working as they should without issue (miscommunication on our part), so our only issue was actually getting the post to show up in the assigned topic, and show up correctly.

When I run the task manually, it posts in the assigned topic 3 times in a row, and it doesn't show the members even though I have {birthday_list} in the Pm settings and 3 user birthdays today.

This is the current post setup.

324615567670c0d1ab10fbdf7c6749d7.png

And this is what is showing up in the topic:

d236b35b3bdae5004402cf5fa13fb331.png

Again, I'm not sure if this is something we're doing wrong on our end, but I appreciate you taking the time to help me sort this out.

Edit:  He posted about an hour ago and sent 7 posts at once, still no names showing.

Edited by GASR
On 9/23/2017 at 11:26 AM, GASR said:

Again, I'm not sure if this is something we're doing wrong on our end, but I appreciate you taking the time to help me sort this out.

I'm sorry I should of noticed this before but missed it. But the "Topic/Post Daily" setting should be enabled if you want to create only 1 topic a day and use the "{birthday_list}" quick tag.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 5/11/2018 at 9:12 PM, Michael R said:

Posting a topic does not seem to work correctly. I thought maybe the new version would correct the issue. But I don't see a difference. Is there something I can check?

Already replied to your other support reply. But if you can provide a screenshot of your current topic settings, I would like to try and reproduce this exactly.

@Michael R Can you check if the latest update fixes this?

The Birthday Greeter application has received an update with several new features and improvements. These changes include:

1. Setup a preferred local time and timezone to send out birthday greetings.
  2. Added support for Chatbox birthday alerts.
  3. Added support for status updates birthday alerts.
  4. Improvements to the main birthday widget and option to modify message from acp.
  5. Choose your own format for the today's date quick tag.
  6. Redesign of birthday greeter settings.

Like new features and improvements to my apps and plugins? Why not show your support by leaving a review here?

kpDHXab.png

tH4dRs7.png

QIJ78CH.png

Edited by Mike John
14 hours ago, Mike John said:

@Michael R Can you check if the latest update fixes this?

The Birthday Greeter application has received an update with several new features and improvements. These changes include:

1. Setup a preferred local time and timezone to send out birthday greetings.
  2. Added support for Chatbox birthday alerts.
  3. Added support for status updates birthday alerts.
  4. Improvements to the main birthday widget and option to modify message from acp.
  5. Choose your own format for the today's date quick tag.
  6. Redesign of birthday greeter settings.

Like new features and improvements to my apps and plugins? Why not show your support by leaving a review here?

kpDHXab.png

tH4dRs7.png

QIJ78CH.png

So far so good. Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...

@Mike John

I just set this up a few days ago and today was the first birthday we have had and no topic is created at all nor is a status message sent.  The task completes successfully without any errors apparently but nothing actually happens.  I've tried running the task manually but still nothing.  Changed the time.  Nothing.  I'm not sure where to start here but nothing is happening at all.

On IPS 4.3 right now.

Quick question too...what is the inactivity metric measured against?  The last login date or last date something was posted?  This may not be the best example since this person logged in recently but hasn't posted anything since well after the 90 day cutoff I have set.  That could very well be the entire problem but I'm not sure how you are measuring inactivity.

Edited by webheaded
On 6/9/2018 at 2:07 AM, webheaded said:

Quick question too...what is the inactivity metric measured against?  The last login date or last date something was posted?  This may not be the best example since this person logged in recently but hasn't posted anything since well after the 90 day cutoff I have set.  That could very well be the entire problem but I'm not sure how you are measuring inactivity.

The "Last Activity" date specifically. IPB might display this as "Last visited" for that profile.

On 6/10/2018 at 12:36 AM, webheaded said:

Okay, today we had a definitely active member still not get a birthday topic.  No errors in the logs but literally nothing happened.  He even shows up in your birthday widget but no greeter post. ?

In the Birthday Greeter settings, what do you have set for the time, time buffer and time zone? If there's no board activity to trigger the task I would recommend running tasks via cron jobs or adjusting your time and time buffer to cover low board activity.

On 6/10/2018 at 12:45 AM, Arni said:

/correction: the email came 24 hours later. :unsure:

And subsequent birthday alerts are now being created?