Birthday Greeter Support

7 hours ago, MataVirgenes said:
  • no exclude groups, no save configuration.
  • no show birthday notification in shoutbox

1) This should of been fixed recently. What version of the Birthday Greeter and IPB are you using?
2) Which shoutbox are you using? I dropped support for the Shoutbox as at the time of upgrading this app there wasn't any shoutboxes released.

7 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

I turned this off on my big site that has 20+ birthdays a day, but it is on on my small site with a few a month.  That last 2 birthdays had the forum post made the day before.  Is there a way to control when the post gets made?  Why is it the day before?

Tasks don't allow a fixed time anymore and run on intervals now. But a possible solution might be in the last post here.

On 24/2/2016 at 0:38 PM, MataVirgenes said:

hi, i use Ip board 4.1.8.1 and birthday gretter las version, shoutbox (BIM40) Chatbox 1.2.0

I'm going to need board details to troubleshoot this further. I can't reproduce this on the latest version and as far as I can tell, this should be working now.

It looks like the other Shoutbox is not longer available so will be looking at adding chatbox support in the future. It's not a high priority right now based on the demand.

On 27/2/2016 at 3:01 AM, MataVirgenes said:

there any solution?

Yes see my above reply. I'm going to need board details to troubleshoot this further. I can't reproduce this on the latest version and as far as I can tell, this should be working now.

If you don't want to provide board details, I'll need to wait until someone does and I can reproduce this. Once that's done, I can issue a new release.

Edited by Mike John
On 2/8/2016 at 9:11 PM, Mike John said:

Thanks for reporting, I've included a patch with the bug report if you wanted to patch this straight away. It should be saving the settings properly but just not displaying them in the settings page.

This patch does not appear to be working for me.

Initially it'll show the excluded group as saved (see image below). However, upon page refresh, the value is no longer selected.

Settings.thumb.jpg.5883d312d4e82bf947bd6

I checked the core_sys_conf_settings table and the abg_group_exclude parameter is not being set. It just shows as NULL no matter what I select/save.

DB.thumb.jpg.5a2eaaffc8cbb188d84a7bcf615

I found this out as I have a group on my forum for accounts that have invalid email addresses (bounce backs, rejections, etc) and I saw a few emails bouncing back from members in that group. So it's not being saved properly in the DB for some reason. How is the data supposed to look/stored in that parameter (single digit, comma deliminator, other?). I can manually update it for now for the group.

Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

Edit: Nevermind, working now. I went into tasks and removed the lock.

Hello Mike,

I've been testing the Birthday greeter email feature. This morning I noticed that the emails did not go out. I tried to run the process manually and I am getting an exception. The database shows that the task is 'running' and the lock count goes up every time I attempt to run it. I also tried to set the 'running' boolean to zero, but that did not solve the issue.

Output from command /usr/local/bin/php -d memory_limit=-1 -d max_execution_time=0 /filepath/web/applications/core/interface/task/task.php 123123123123123123123123123123 84 ..

Exception:
RuntimeException Object
(
    [message:protected] => LOCATION_UNKNOWN
    [string:Exception:private] => 
    [code:protected] => 0
    [file:protected] => /filepath/web/system/Session/Session.php
    [line:protected] => 61
    [trace:Exception:private] => Array
        (
            [0] => Array
                (
                    [file] => /filepath/web/system/Member/Member.php
                    [line] => 135
                    [function] => i
                    [class] => IPS\_Session
                    [type] => ::
                    [args] => Array
                        (
                        )

)

[1] => Array
                (
                    [file] => /filepath/web/system/DateTime/DateTime.php
                    [line] => 353
                    [function] => loggedIn
                    [class] => IPS\_Member
                    [type] => ::
                    [args] => Array
                        (
                        )

)

[2] => Array
                (
                    [file] => /filepath/web/applications/birthdaygreeter/tasks/birthdayGreeter.php
                    [line] => 40
                    [function] => format
                    [class] => IPS\_DateTime
                    [type] => ->
                    [args] => Array
                        (
                            [0] => d
                        )

)

[3] => Array
                (
                    [file] => /filepath/web/system/Task/Task.php
                    [line] => 172
                    [function] => execute
                    [class] => IPS\birthdaygreeter\tasks\_birthdayGreeter
                    [type] => ->
                    [args] => Array
                        (
                        )

)

[4] => Array
                (
                    [file] => /filepath/web/system/Task/Task.php
                    [line] => 141
                    [function] => run
                    [class] => IPS\_Task
                    [type] => ->
                    [args] => Array
                        (
                        )

)

[5] => Array
                (
                    [file] => /filepath/web/applications/core/interface/task/task.php
                    [line] => 55
                    [function] => runAndLog
                    [class] => IPS\_Task
                    [type] => ->
                    [args] => Array
                        (
                        )

)

)

[previous:Exception:private] => 
)

Any idea what may be going on? Thanks in advance!

Edit: Nevermind, working now. I went into tasks and removed the lock.

Edited by Lord Balandar
removed lock

My apologies, I just keep trolling your thread here with my issues..

If a user does not have a year selected in their profile (e.g. "not telling). The age parameter will not display anything in the message.

Content:

Our records indicate that you just turned {age}. The {board_name} would like to wish you a happy birthday!

Email:

Our records indicate that you just turned . The Honor Empire Community would like to wish you a happy birthday! 

I haven't tested this yet, but can we use php logic in the content? Check if age is null and have a different message?

Thanks.

Edited by Lord Balandar
On 25/03/2016 at 2:25 AM, Lord Balandar said:

I haven't tested this yet, but can we use php logic in the content? Check if age is null and have a different message?

I've logged this as a bug for the next version, my plan is to add some kind of text value to the {age} quick tag. Something like "Not Provided".

If you wanted to use a difference message instead, I can provide the edits but I'm not sure I'll include that approach in the next version.

On 3/28/2016 at 6:36 PM, Mike John said:

I've logged this as a bug for the next version, my plan is to add some kind of text value to the {age} quick tag. Something like "Not Provided".

Thanks!

Another issue that came back up are locks on the task. It'll lock and remain locked until I manually unlock it from the tasks window. There are no associated error logs.

2016-03-30 12_33_29-Tasks.jpg

After unlocking I can run the task:

2016-03-30 12_36_38-Tasks.jpg

My forum has a cron job that runs tasks every minute.

/usr/local/bin/php -d memory_limit=-1 -d max_execution_time=0 /path/applications/core/interface/task/task.php *****************************************

At one point I ran the task specifically, but I have since disabled that cron job. See my previous post here. I thought the issue resolved, but it constantly locks now and gets stuck in the Running now.. state.

Any ideas?

On 30/03/2016 at 3:42 AM, Lord Balandar said:

Another issue that came back up are locks on the task. It'll lock and remain locked until I manually unlock it from the tasks window. There are no associated error logs.

What about if you manually run the task after unlocking it?

13 hours ago, Mike John said:

What about if you manually run the task after unlocking it?

Manually running after it's unlocked works, which is what I have been doing.. But it'll re-lock occasionally. I'm going to watch it over the next week or so and set some test accounts to have birthdays and see if it locks again. It doesn't appear to lock unless there is a birthday on the given day. I'll report back. Thanks!

On 01/04/2016 at 2:37 AM, Lord Balandar said:

Manually running after it's unlocked works, which is what I have been doing.. But it'll re-lock occasionally. I'm going to watch it over the next week or so and set some test accounts to have birthdays and see if it locks again. It doesn't appear to lock unless there is a birthday on the given day. I'll report back. Thanks!

Yeah if you can try running when there is a confirmed birthday, that should then display the error that's obviously locking it.

It is no longer auto-locking... However, it's no loner sending emails unless I manually run the task, which doesn't make sense as the task time updated properly for the next run-time.

I checked the email log just in-case the email was getting a time-out and I do not see any errors (using SMTP Sparkpost).

The only change I've made is the exclude group permissions, however, I'm not excluding the groups to which emails are sent... as it does send an email when I manually run the task. I'm going to remove the excluded groups and see if that makes a difference.

10 hours ago, Lord Balandar said:

The only change I've made is the exclude group permissions, however, I'm not excluding the groups to which emails are sent... as it does send an email when I manually run the task. I'm going to remove the excluded groups and see if that makes a difference.

If it doesn't. Can you please PM me and I'll either need login details or I can provide some debugging code. I just want to get an idea if the task is running at all in auto mode and then at what point is it stopping.