Why does this post product this embed on Facebook?

socceronly

There seem to be several things wrong. 

1. You should really use friendly URLs and with that remove that question mark from the URL. The Facebook crawler has problems with your URL and actually accesses your category instead of the actual record. 

2. Your Record Image is also delivered in a strange way. When I access it directly, it doesn’t load in the browser, but is downloaded. That could also be a problem. 

The second point though, this is all just default. I'm not sure what you mean about the Record Image.  All I have done is enable it.  Is there a bug lurking here?

​That has nothing to do with the IPS software. Your server forces images to download directly:

You can test it here: http://www.canadaisplaying.com/uploads/monthly_2015_06/canada-is-playing-forum-logo.png.7f06f1743e6123ef659d0d4f75721695.png

Looking into Friendly URL's I didn't realize you had to do this.

On IPS hosted service, do they mean the root directory or the public_html Directory. Not sure from what they say here.

When enabled, Friendly URLs will not include 'index.php'.
In order to support this you must download this file, rename it to '.htaccess' (with no file name) and upload it to your site's directory. If there is already a .htaccess file, add the contents of this one to the existing.
If you are not sure how to do this, contact technical support for assistance.

​That has nothing to do with the IPS software. Your server forces images to download directly:

You can test it here: http://www.canadaisplaying.com/uploads/monthly_2015_06/canada-is-playing-forum-logo.png.7f06f1743e6123ef659d0d4f75721695.png

​Oooh. That is odd.  Thanks for pointing that out. 

I'll poke around in the settings but that seems outside of my world. 

Ooooh I was just about to post the same thing with my site. With respect to the ? in the URL, are you referring to this one as an example:

http://shrimpkeepersforum.com/forum/index.php?/topic/8203-my-riffles/

Edit:

Ok, I had friendly URLs enabled, just didn't have the REwrite URL enabled. Done that and now the correct URL is being shared. Out of curiosity, is there anyway to grab the first image from the thread when sharing instead of using the standard sharing image configured?

Out of curiosity, is there anyway to grab the first image from the thread when sharing instead of using the standard sharing image configured?

​You should activate the Record Image and upload your image of choice there. This picture will be taken set automatically for Facebook sharing. 

​You should activate the Record Image and upload your image of choice there. This picture will be taken set automatically for Facebook sharing. 

​Record image? Pardon my ignorance but is this a feature within IPS? I'm having trouble locating it. Googling a generic term such as that hasn't been fruitful either. 

Archived