Calendar Topics Support

• 3 months later...

Hey, 

I have been using this for early a year and it works great for my needs.  

Would it be possible to add some customisation to the topic titles? At the moment i am usb this to create even listings for world wide events.  I can the calandars are divided by country and the forum they all get topics made in is the same.  

the title is Events UK: xxxxxx  or Events Sweden: xxxxxx  it would be great is this could be xxxxx: events UK  or vent just xxxxxx :UK  

Putting the calendar name after the title of the event, or even adding a separate option for what gets displayed.  If you are willing to add this feature I would be willing to pay for the work.  

My site is at TGA.community and the topics all get posted to the events section.  

Edited by BenCurry
On 29/01/2017 at 5:47 AM, BenCurry said:

Putting the calendar name after the title of the event, or even adding a separate option for what gets displayed.  If you are willing to add this feature I would be willing to pay for the work.  

It should actually already support this. If you place the %calendar_name% quick tag in your topic title setting, it should display the calendar name next topic it creates.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
6 hours ago, Alay said:

Would it be possible to make modifying the event modify the topic a toggle?  I'd prefer to not have the original post get re-written for my use case.

Could you just clarify this is a bit? There is a sync in place between the event and topic for things like delete, edit and hide. i.e. you hide the event and it hides the topic. What else did you have in mind?

10 hours ago, Mike John said:

Could you just clarify this is a bit? There is a sync in place between the event and topic for things like delete, edit and hide. i.e. you hide the event and it hides the topic. What else did you have in mind?

Certainly!

Currently, if you create an event, the topic gets generated with content as per the specified options.

If you then edit the original post in that newly created topic, then go back to the event and edit it in some different way, the topic is updated as per the specified options and overwrites any edits made to the topic itself.

Example:

1. Event created with description "ABC"
  2. Topic auto-generates with text "ABC"
  3. Topic edited to text "XYZ"
  4. Event description edited to "ABCD"
  5. Topic text is edited to "ABCD" (losing the "XYZ" added before).

An option to disable the "edit" sync feature would be ideal.

Thanks for the fast reply :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2018 at 9:15 PM, Mike John said:

I get you now. I'll note this for a future version as should be relatively easy to add. I can provide a temp patch for your own use if you've got ftp access to your files?

That would be awesome!  I'm hosted on my own server so I can FTP anything in as necessary.  If it's too much hassle though I'm fine waiting for a future release too :)

As an aside, I noticed IPS adds these neat little widgets when an event link is pasted in a forum thread.  Would it be possible in a future update to have the %event_link% variable add that? (or as a separate variable)?

Here's an image of the event link from the %event_link% variable, and the link copy/pasted into the editor to show what I'm talking about

image.thumb.png.5ff281471687020a4f380138740b8e4f.png

Thanks again for this phenomenal plugin!

5 hours ago, Alay said:

That would be awesome!  I'm hosted on my own server so I can FTP anything in as necessary.  If it's too much hassle though I'm fine waiting for a future release too :)

I'd probably have the next bug fixing update out in a few weeks time if you fine with waiting?

5 hours ago, Alay said:

As an aside, I noticed IPS adds these neat little widgets when an event link is pasted in a forum thread.  Would it be possible in a future update to have the %event_link% variable add that? (or as a separate variable)?

Possibly, I'll note it and check it out at the same time.

5 hours ago, Alay said:

Thanks again for this phenomenal plugin!

Glad you like it. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Mike,

Plugin works fine! - thx

one "small" suggestion: would it be possible to replace the Calendar Comments with the Topic-Content?

In Calendar -> Remove Link to View Discussion Topic.

Instead of Calendar-Event-Comments -> include the previously created Topics.

So there would be no "split" discussion anymore.. Users can discuss the Event in the Calendar and also in the Forum.. and they don´t see the other comments.

regards

Edited by Adam84
On 6/7/2018 at 12:17 AM, Adam84 said:

one "small" suggestion: would it be possible to replace the Calendar Comments with the Topic-Content? 

This is not something I can include in a bug fixing update but I've saved this for a future update. Displaying the topic data inside the event page is one possibility but I'll also be considering some kind of sync between them as well. So for example comments added into an event would appear in the topic and the reverse of that as well.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...