Calendar Topics Support

Hmmmm.

Nice concept, but not suitable for what I need :P I would definitely buy if:

1. The event info in the topic was in its own box above the OP, separate from the post content of the topic, just like polls are, and is updated automatically if the calendar event is updated.
  2. Being able to create a calendar event when you make a topic.
Edited by Vikestart

Hmmmm.

Nice concept, but not suitable for what I need :P I would definitely buy if:

1. The event info in the topic was in its own box above the OP, separate from the post content of the topic, just like polls are, and is updated automatically if the calendar event is updated.
  2. Being able to create a calendar event when you make a topic.

​I like the above idea and would suit our forum.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Getting a problem with a plug in.  I created an even "testing events".  After the creation i was taken to a page http://www.bmw2002faq.com/calendar/event/-testing-events

This page is not found this page should be http://www.bmw2002faq.com/calendar/event/117-testing-events/  The name is missing the ID.  The link in the topic is also incorrect http://www.bmw2002faq.com/forums/topic/178971-testing-events-04012016-900-am-to-04012016-1200-pm/

Creating the events with the plug in disabled does not cause this problem.

Thanks,

Steve K.

latest version of the board. i went from 3.4.xx to 4.19 to 4.1.10

Looks like this is only happening on the Calendar that existed in the old version of the board.  News ones handle this without problems.

do you need both ACP and ssh access?

thanks,

Steve K.

On 08/04/2016 at 3:44 PM, misfit76 said:

Looks like this is only happening on the Calendar that existed in the old version of the board.  News ones handle this without problems.

Sorry but just to clarify, do you mean previous events that were created before a certain date?

On 08/04/2016 at 3:44 PM, misfit76 said:

do you need both ACP and ssh access?

Preferably acp and ftp/file access to your forums plugins folder.

5 hours ago, Mike John said:

Sorry but just to clarify, do you mean previous events that were created before a certain date?

Preferably acp and ftp/file access to your forums plugins folder.

No, the actual Calendar that was created prior to upgrade. The 2 calendars that were created after the upgrade do not have the problem. If i try to create an event in the old calendar, i get a failure, if i create it in the new calendar, there is no problem.

Well, after enabling, disabling and re-enabling things, things look OK right now and everything works. Probably some caching problem. I'll let you know if problem comes back

steve k.

Edited by misfit76
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, mknobbe said:

Does this mean I can link a newly created calendar event to a previously created topic?

No, only events that are newly created or updated will have discussion topics created for them. You can link an existing topic but it would have to be done manually via the database.

• 1 month later...
On 08/08/2016 at 7:43 PM, VR6Pete said:

My event calendar is set to UK date format, however it keeps posting topics with a US date format.

You can but for now this will need to be modified manually. If you open plugins/calendartopics/hooks/{open all 3 php files}

Find:

$tags['%event_date%']	 = $eventDate;

Replace With:

$tags['%event_date%']	 = $eventDate->format( 'd-m-Y' );

Save. You can then modify the month, day and year placements. If you have a particular date format example you want to use, let me know.

• 2 weeks later...