News Support

13 hours ago, CyanideBurial said:

Would there be anyway to have the news widget use list rather than grid? I think it looks nicer on the front page to use the list style that the actual news front page uses. Also is there gonna be support to add tags to news?

The vertical widget will use a list but horizontal widgets should use grid layouts. I can give you a template edit to use a list at all times if you would like? Tag support is noted for a future update.

13 hours ago, CyanideBurial said:

i also noticed if you have any styling on your usergroup it doesnt use it in the news section like the rest of the site does.

Which area?

• 1 month later...

Could you please add an option so we can import an rss feed in to a news category like we can do in the forums.

It would make your news app alot more powerful and reduce workload adding content.

Would that be possible?

Would be happy to pay for this addition

Edited by Unlucky
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi,

We just upgraded to the latest version of IPS and it has caused our news app to stop working.

It has switched all permissions settings for the news app to off and we cannot switch them back on.

We do use the news app as our front end app so wonder if the bug is connected to that?

Here are two screen shots following the upgrade (which we have since rolled back due to this error)

1691049308_newsfrontend.thumb.jpg.05b7de786f83a96b596eb437dea0d3cb.jpg1259986379_newsfrontend2.thumb.jpg.ea198aa1ebd179b25146ad3c0eee0b19.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/11/2022 at 1:08 PM, Miss Vendetta said:

I'm not sure when this started happening but the app no longer works. It says we have no permissions to access it whatsoever. Any idea as to what is causing this?

Are you using the latest version? I've recently updated this to fix some permissions issues.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I think this is just what I am looking for, @Michael.J

I note that there is a 'Can add new entry' permission: I assume this is per group - yes?

I also note there is a 'New content approval' option in general settings: does the group permission or approval setting take precedence?

Ideally, I'd like to allow some groups the ability to add news unimpeded, and news items submitted by all other groups to be queued for approval.

Edited by Como
  • 2 weeks later...
 "news_category": {
		    "friendly": "category/{#cat}-{?}",
		    "real": "app=news&module=news&controller=news&do=listnews"
	    }, 

Categories list news is not work well .

always show all news list  when I click "2" page in any categroy

somthing wrong ?

pleas help fix this 

thank you