News Support

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, Unlucky said:

Where do we change the date format used from US (MM/DD/YY) to UK standard (DD/MM/YY)

In what location in the News app? All locations should utilize what ever IPB4 sets up. Which generally detects where a user is from and then displays the relevant format to them.

• 3 months later...
On 4/22/2018 at 9:31 AM, Josiah Wallingford said:

Is it possible to import new from another source using their RSS feed?

I've recently added rss import support to another app of mine, so copying that across to the News app. Shouldn't be a problem. I can't give an estimate yet, as I'm still in the middle of a few mod upgrades.

12 hours ago, Mike John said:

I've recently added rss import support to another app of mine, so copying that across to the News app. Shouldn't be a problem. I can't give an estimate yet, as I'm still in the middle of a few mod upgrades.

Great, thank you. Right now I am using blogs for this and would love to have blogs for member only created content and use news to feed blogs and articles from outside of the community.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is it possible to add the reputation system to the news articles? Comments are already enabled, I'd like to see that in the articles aswell.

When I share my articles on social media - the default forum image is displayed as the "headline/preview" image. Is it possible to make social media use the (first) image from the news article?

On 3/7/2019 at 7:52 AM, B_U_R_I said:

Is it possible to add the reputation system to the news articles? Comments are already enabled, I'd like to see that in the articles aswell.

When I share my articles on social media - the default forum image is displayed as the "headline/preview" image. Is it possible to make social media use the (first) image from the news article?

I've noted both for the next update - https://www.devfuse.com/forums/bugs/other-paid-products/news/2-more-features-r212/

In the latest version youtube videos are not embedding correctly.

They show up in the article as you are writing it, but after saving they do not show up - you just get a large white space.

I have embedded the youtube video in another part of the site without issue so it is not the video.

• 5 months later...

I am very interested in this addon if as requested by others that incoming rss news feeds could be used to auto generate news entries.

I had an addon developed for Xenforo back when I was using XF that provided a great way of creating news entries from incoming rss feeds which also included a news reader and used an iframe to display the whole news record so the user didn't leave my site:

1.thumb.jpg.c91c65a20195d332346a71ca36effdce.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.2eaae607aa62e90c32fca1342a05774e.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.8b0e3befd06b515d61bea572eff02b3a.jpg

Each incoming rss news item was also assigned a prefix which allowed for filtering the list as well

So, I need some kind of an IPS News solution to replace the XF one I had developed

• 1 month later...
On 9/3/2019 at 10:59 AM, ibaker said:

I am very interested in this addon if as requested by others that incoming rss news feeds could be used to auto generate news entries.

Currently I only support rss exports. I have added rss imports in some of my other apps and it will likely be added in the future for the News app. But that won't be in the near term as I still have existing custom requests and bug fixes to catch up on.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2019 at 2:51 AM, Mike John said:

Currently I only support rss exports. I have added rss imports in some of my other apps and it will likely be added in the future for the News app. But that won't be in the near term as I still have existing custom requests and bug fixes to catch up on.

Don't mean to be critical, but you should make this more clear on the listing page. I bought this thinking I could use it to display industry specific rss feeds on my forum, when in actuality this just gives you the ability setup your own rss feeds based on your own "news". 

Edited by ProSkill
On 10/15/2019 at 9:50 AM, ProSkill said:

Don't mean to be critical, but you should make this more clear on the listing page. I bought this thinking I could use it to display industry specific rss feeds on my forum, when in actuality this just gives you the ability setup your own rss feeds based on your own "news". 

Fair enough, specified in the description it's for rss exports. I can refund or exchange your purchase for something else if needed.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi,

I am not sure if this is the football application or the news application causing the issue

If you visit https://www.walkingfootball.com on a mobile phone and click one of the news links under top section called Latest News

On that new link page the breadcrumb says walking football news but when you click the link it takes you to an old unused news category for TRA South league... in the football app

Can you confirm if this is your app or the football app causing the issue?

Thanks