News Support

On 29/10/2016 at 11:39 AM, KentT said:

I'm posting this here instead of in your Bug Tracker, because I'm unsure how much of this is under your control.  It is meaningful product feedback for you, if nothing else...

Make a note in the tracker and will see what can be done to improve it. Extracting an image from the news entry shouldn't be an issue. And I'll check if facebook can accept a snippet of the news entry rather then attempting to grab the description itself.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2017 at 3:15 PM, ProSkill said:

Does this add news stories from RSS feeds? Or does it create an RSS feed from news stories that you post? I would purchase this if it can pull in news stories from other sites. 

The later, it exports an rss feed based on News entries being created by you. I will be looking at rss import code for another app of mine and will consider adding into the News app as well. But that is some months away.

• 2 months later...
11 hours ago, Unlucky said:

When saving a news article the save button roll over is very hit and miss and I have to move the mouse very slowly for it change colour so I can click and save

I'll try and reproduce this but could you give me a bit more info:

1. What browser and version are you testing with?
  2. Have you tried the default theme as well?
  3. Is this happening for new entries or when editing an existing one?

Hi,

I can confirm the button issue is worse than I thought

It does appear to work in the default theme ok but it is only the news app that has this problem.

Iissue happens in both firefox and chrome

There is a worse problem with the page navigation buttons

The page 2 page 3 etc navigation buttons work fine at the top of the articles page

But if you scroll down to the bottom of the page - none of them work at all unless you move your mouse pointer to the very bottom right of the button and it only highlights then and becomes clickable which basically means nobody can navigate to page 2 onwards because they will think the button is dead.

Please review the issue yourself by going to https://www.walkingfootball.com/news/

Scroll down to the bottom of the articles on page 1 and then you will see what I have posted above.

If you are going to say this is a theme issue I will need a detailed explanation to pass on to the theme dev as he will say if it's only the news app that has this issue, it will be a news app problem

This one is quite critical

Thanks

13 minutes ago, Unlucky said:

Oh right Pete, many thanks for that.

Is there anything I can do to fix it or do I need to wait for the app dev?

i not sure where the style info for the copyright is as change the padding help fix that issue i have feel the styling could two location with in main source app code or in template 

Screenshot_8.png.a29819f8cc17c4afc995f6d0ccd55102.png

as see just shows the styling used for copyright and don't have its own css so guess be template or hided in the app code.

On 11/26/2017 at 11:57 PM, Unlucky said:

Is there anything I can do to fix it or do I need to wait for the app dev?

I've sent you a PM to work around this for now. But ideally I would like to get a copy of the theme to test with it.

On 11/29/2017 at 5:14 AM, Unlucky said:

You will see the image for the entry Ex Celtic Skipper On Walking Football is overflowing onto the next entry

Can you adjust your News "Truncate entries?" setting higher and look at reducing your "Thumbnail size" setting? That way the average amount of text is always going to be bigger enough to cover the associated image.

On 30/11/2017 at 10:31 PM, Unlucky said:

Just sent you a message to confirm the fix didn't work and the theme devs details.

Will have a reply up soon.

On 30/11/2017 at 10:31 PM, Unlucky said:

Just sent you a message to confirm the fix didn't work and the theme devs details.

Will have a reply up soon.

On 12/4/2017 at 1:35 AM, Mike John said:

Will have a reply up soon

thanks - any idea how long?

Also I notice that the categories right hand column widget sits lower than a widget if you add it to the top above the mains news section.

What can I do so they site at the same height?

Screenshot to show what I mean below

news-app-widget.thumb.jpg.94233c07c7f20239da4d1720e3e11e68.jpg

On 12/6/2017 at 1:27 AM, Unlucky said:

thanks - any idea how long?

Should be up within a few days.

On 12/6/2017 at 1:27 AM, Unlucky said:

What can I do so they site at the same height?

The default theme itself adds a 15px top margin to the vertical widgets. So this would likely exist in your theme as well. If you search for "blocks.css" in your themes css files, you should see something similar to this code to adjust that margin.

.ipsWidget.ipsWidget_vertical {
	margin-top: 15px;
}

On 12/10/2017 at 3:16 AM, Mike John said:

Should be up within a few days.

This is causing a lot of frustrations for our members - How much longer to fix?

Can we please have a temporary fix if it is proving difficult to find a solution?

The news app is a focal point of our site and I am getting so many complaints and support emails pointing out the navigation issue.

Thanks