Spacing of lines CKEditor

playxmaniac

We are getting the exact same thing on our forums. The spacing when hitting Enter are really wide. Shift+Enter will definitely work, but most people will not do that. I guess we'll need to look into changing the enterMode settings if there is no other solution.

i think ips4 dev know this, but not a fix is already available. i have a lot of issue while write on editor (mobile) this is one.enter not work on firefox mobile how it must be. i have pointer on new line but when input new word it append on prevoous line, the editor expand on height when it not must

Ralf, do you have a piece of CSS code I scan stick into custom.css for this?​

​What is your site? It depends on where you want that active. If you change it globally for every paragraph it might have side-effects in other areas. So one might target it specifically to just forum posts, Pages articles and things like that. 

I think hitting Enter should still produce a <p></p> result, but I would like to change the amount of whitespace between paragraphs. It really stands out and many of our members have contacted me directly to comment on it.

http://www.sedonconnect.com

I am willing to play with the CSS a bit, but my abilities are rather standard.  

​To me, that looks just right. Isn’t this a new forum? In such a case the larger margins are usually no problem. They are mostly a problem for converted 3.4 boards, where members have heavily added empty lines as paragraph separators. 

But anyway. The default change to remove the margins is just:

p {
  margin:0;
}

Or if you just want to reduce the space:

p {
 margin: 6px 0;
}

If you want to make sure it only affects posts:

[data-role="commentContent"] p {
    margin:0;
}