Marketplace Reviews

newbie LAC, IPS4 technical support helped me with IPB3 update to IPS4. After this update, I installed your plugin but the error EX1066 was displayed:

Something went wrong. Please try again.

Error code: EX1366

The error was displayed both when I accessed the new user account registration form and the "Contact Us" form. I had to disable all plugins. Those from the technical support IPB have been set up for a couple of days to find a solution. Now if the problem was because of your plugin completely or not, I don't know, but I don't risk installing it again.

I posted one of the answers given by IPS technical support:

The issue it seems is because it had wiped out the selection of the recaptcha method. Now I have selected one of those, its working correctly.

The conclusions are self-evident. But maybe you're right, but not totally, I don't know !!! I repeat, I don't want to risk installing it again.

25 minutes ago, donpetru said:

The issue it seems is because it had wiped out the selection of the recaptcha method. Now I have selected one of those, its working correctly.

27 minutes ago, donpetru said:

maybe you're right, but not totally,

1. My plugin does nothing with Captcha

2. You got errors on 2 pages: Contact Us and Registration

My plugin only works on Contact Us page

Most errors are logged. You can try to find EX1366 error

35 minutes ago, donpetru said:

I repeat, I don't want to risk installing it again.

Why not if you know how to fix the problem?

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

You can't update reviews?

Unless I'm missing something, I find this a bit disappointing.

Devs like @newbie LAC, @Mike John, @CodingJungle, @Adriano, @onlyME and others work hard on improving their plugin and applications, this can mean reviews quickly become redundant. I see the review as a way to say thank you, I try to review all of the items I enjoy and, that I believe would help other IPS customers in deciding if the purchase is worthwhile for them (as I try to be in-depth about my own usage).

Can IPS please consider allowing us to update our reviews?

I think sometimes it would help to make things clearer, as I have seen extremely harsh reviews and ratings requesting everything under the sun.

That stays there as things stand, which seems a little one sided.

Would every disgruntled buyer update their review? Probably not, but it could give developers a chance see their work more fairly accessed.

In my case, I could speak more about the newer features, how often updates and bug fixes are released - which goes along way towards trusting people. As some just don't bother, or are busier with things that they feel deserves their focus, which is fair enough but if something changes for the better or worst, I would like to address it in my review.

That said, I don't leave harsh or overly critical reviews.

It's more me vouching that whatever the product is, is well worth your investment and time in using for your community.

Please consider this... @Matt @Charles @Lindy

Just now, Adriano Faria
16 minutes ago, Joey_M said:

You can't update reviews?

It’s tied to the group permission time to edit content. I guess they use 30 days here on IPS, if I’m not mistaken.

I thought it might have been abused in the past, as I seem to recall updating some after purchasing.

Still, it would be nice to move with updates and changes.

Hopefully, it will be accessed and changed. 🤞🏻

• 9 months later...
  • 6 months later...

hello, I try to connect on the marketplace directly from ACP, I uninstalled all applications, all plugins, even the language, I tried and google, but nothing. 

can someone else hit the problem .. whatever I do I get this errore: 

image.png.89cfde5d1f882d3aa88f0cc352166ac8.png

Maybe there's someone here who could fix it? ,, 

• 3 weeks later...

A user is distributing a product similar to mine on the marketplace. My product is free, while he has 8 of them all for a fee.

The user inaccurately entered in the product description:

However, if you are looking for a free and incomplete translation (check it out), don't buy it, because it took some time to update this version with 1,225 sentences and it cost me effort.

This is real defamation and denigration of the work of other users. and this is not the first time the user has behaved this way.

Every time I release an update of my translation, the user magically releases an update for all his translations, thus hiding mine.

In the description of my translation:

Translation currently has some untranslated parts, but thanks to your help and that of our community, we can count on quality and up-to-date translation.

This is really bad and it would be correct for you from the IPS staff to check this user!

2 hours ago, Askancy said:

A user is distributing a product similar to mine on the marketplace. My product is free, while he has 8 of them all for a fee.

The user inaccurately entered in the product description:

This is real defamation and denigration of the work of other users. and this is not the first time the user has behaved this way.

Every time I release an update of my translation, the user magically releases an update for all his translations, thus hiding mine.

In the description of my translation:

This is really bad and it would be correct for you from the IPS staff to check this user!

I had this exact same issue a while back. My case was worst: my translation was paid; the “copy” one too but cheaper. I reported the file, asked to check a couple of intentional errors I left in the translation (for this exact matter) but the old marketplace moderator chose to do nothing about it. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Not sure if it was Charlie or AndyF. In the end, the user stopped updating it (or copying mine) after only 3 purchases. 

15 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Not sure if it was Charlie or AndyF. In the end, the user stopped updating it (or copying mine) after only 3 purchases. 

The user also to me, reviewed the product with 1 star, removed by Rhett. This user has always created problems, just go see the first page of this topic!

15 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

I reported the file, asked to check a couple of intentional errors I left in the translation (for this exact matter) but the old marketplace moderator chose to do nothing about it. 🤷🏻‍♂️

15 hours ago, Ilya Hoilik said:

Reported it the same day and they delisted the file.

I reported this issue twice, and it has always been ignored. We pay a license to be able to publish the products on the marketplace, and therefore I expect that there is moderation, not only on the published file but also what is written in the description!

If they say this behavior is allowed, then I will miswrite the user's product in the description of my product.

But now who is it that moderates the marketplace? I wrote @Stuart Silvester in private but did not answer or read.

5 hours ago, Daniel F said:

It's actually 

Teamwork Best Team Ever GIF by Jessica

I would suggest to submit always a ticket if you have any concerns or questions. Staff members may, or may not reply to PMs but you'll always going to get a reply to a ticket

use the translator and read the offenses I received in Italian, this is the user you let it all do here on IPS. (Review removed). This is not the first time the user has been having fake reviews and offends heavily. It would be time for IPS to limit this user.

Edited by Askancy