Marketplace Reviews

Marketplace reviews are quite different from comments or discussion threads.  You can see these reviews as an option once you have downloaded a file.  You only get one review.

For the IPS Marketplace I would like to remind everyone of some ground rules about commenting and reviewing files.  Reviews are not for support requests, or complaints about files not working before you got support.  Every file will say if it is supported or not, and how to get support.

When you review think about the other users who are going to be reading what you write for your opinion of the file.  

• Mention how your support experience was if you needed support.
  • Mention if the file performed as listed or if it was different than advertised.
  • Mention if the file was resource heavy or changed your community's performance significantly.
  • If it never worked and they didn't help you, then you should mention that they never resolved your issue or they wouldn't communicate with you through the listed support channel, etc.
  • Do give us your opinion in your review, that's what everyone wants to hear.

This kind of information is very valuable to potential purchasers and it will keep your review of the file alive.  Reviews saying "it didn't work" should only appear if their is no support available.

Comments and reviews are also not the place for feature requests.  Please use the appropriate channels to request and receive support, to communicate about version changes and feature upgrades, and to review files.

I think reviews for IPS4 files will really help people make better decisions about some of the awesome work Marketplace contributors have been doing.  So contributors make sure you are listing your support info, and don't hesitate to message me about Marketplace if you see a review that doesn't belong.

And for everyone else that likes good apps and themes, if you find your review was not approved please make sure that you weren't requesting support, asking a question, or answering someone else.  For other questions, I'll try to answer them here.

Reasonable enough. 

However; can we have the ability to edit our reviews? I noticed that once they're posted, you can't edit them. Say, in a hypothetical situation I leave a scathing review because it didn't work, there's no support despite it being advertised and so on. It's professional - not childish or insulting and only stating facts. The developer comes back reads the review and makes the corrections, and releases an update that fixes everything. I have tested the new version and it works - I'm happy. The developer still has a rather negative review that can't be changed. 

Also some kind of version counter. So it says what version the review was for, or something? That is so if my review can be read by some else and they see it was for version 1.0.0 (for example) and see that in 1.0.1 the issues were addressed and therefore my review is clearly out of date.

I did some reviews already; however I'm regretting in doing so because either the content wasn't good enough, or it's outdated; or other information has come to light. But I can't edit them, which is putting me off from writing reviews all together. 

Edited by Tripp_UK

Reasonable enough. 

However; can we have the ability to edit our reviews? I noticed that once they're posted, you can't edit them. Say, in a hypothetical situation I leave a scathing review because it didn't work, there's no support despite it being advertised and so on. It's professional - not childish or insulting and only stating facts. The developer comes back reads the review and makes the corrections, and releases an update that fixes everything. I have tested the new version and it works - I'm happy. The developer still has a rather negative review that can't be changed. 

Also some kind of version counter. So it says what version the review was for, or something? That is so if my review can be read by some else and they see it was for version 1.0.0 (for example) and see that in 1.0.1 the issues were addressed and therefore my review is clearly out of date.

I did some reviews already; however I'm regretting in doing so because either the content wasn't good enough, or it's outdated; or other information has come to light. But I can't edit them, which is putting me off from writing reviews all together. 

​Some good points there and agree with you

I like these ideas.  As the Marketplace grows I would like to see it continue to evolve.  I think version numbers are important information when purchasing.  I would also consider compatibility information very valuable.  

I think the permanency of reviews is important.  Its also a great example of the review option in to IPS4.  Perhaps allowing 1 edit or something like that would be a fair compromise.  As I have said before, I would love to hear more ideas for how Marketplace can be better for users and contributors.

• 2 years later...
8 minutes ago, EnzoC said:

You should check the free and paid versions that correspond to the truth. I have verified that there is an Italian translation with the words "Complete", but 83 pages are missing. It would be helpful for contributors to write the truth being released.

This is VERY relative. My translation has a bunch of missing language bits too.

Example: development mode (app & plugins) and designer mode doesn't uses translation; they use English only so it's useless to waste time translating it. Another example: timezones.... things like timezone__Africa/Accra: Addis Ababa . How would you translate it? Addis Ababa? So, not necessary. Would you translate 200 countries? Why? Do you have users for the 200 countries? Translate emoji? There are other unnecessary things too.

Anyway, I see you review. This is a FREE file. Download. Test. Didn't you like? Nice, your right. Leave a bad review. Move on. Translate yourself or pay someone to make one good enough to you.

Usually things works like that.

Or do you want IPS to delist the file?

35 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Example: development mode (app & plugins) and designer mode doesn't uses translation; they use English only so it's useless to waste time translating it. Another example: timezones.... things like timezone__Africa/Accra: Addis Ababa . How would you translate it? Addis Ababa? So, not necessary. Would you translate 200 countries? Why? Do you have users for the 200 countries? Translate emoji? There are other unnecessary things too.

Anyway, I see you review. This is a FREE file. Download. Test. Didn't you like? Nice, your right. Leave a bad review. Move on. Translate yourself or pay someone to make one good enough to you.

Ok, but you do not have to write that the translation is complete, specify the missing parts. The translation of Invision in Italian I do, but paid since the translation of 4.3.1 started from scratch and I'm sure that with all the applications it will take at least three months, and I do not work for free. I do not want IPS to delete the file, but the users can write the truth so as not to forge users who download it.

Edited by EnzoC
50 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

The problem is that by downloading my free translation, he doesn't sell his own. It cannot prevent me from doing something for fun and not for profit. If he doesn't like it, he can't afford to write on the author's website and here publicly trying to tarnish the work done for free and for fun. He wants to hurt me so he insists that it is not complete etc. when it is actually complete if we look at it in detail. I didn't translate the emoticons and commands to create a skin because the developers use the original language. For the rest it is complete even if some sentences need to be improved. I would like to keep having fun and this person is really putting a lot of pressure on me. I got tired. 

I hope he has understood that it is not important to translate 200 countries and 70 pages of emoji. Let's see if now mine leaves in peace. I'm sorry for him if they don't buy his own, but he can't go to criticize the work of others, especially if it's free, because a person can try and if he doesn't like delete everything without losing anything.

1 hour ago, EnzoC said:

Ok, but you do not have to write that the translation is complete, specify the missing parts. The translation of Invision in Italian I do, but paid since the translation of 4.3.1 started from scratch and I'm sure that with all the applications it will take at least three months, and I do not work for free. I do not want IPS to delete the file, but the users can write the truth so as not to forge users who download it.

I do not force anyone and I have written the true. In any case they can install and try, if they do not like to delete and try another. I don't trust to buy a translation for $130 without having any guarantee, for the same reason people prefer to download a free translation. Your site is not accessible from the primary page, ( http://invisionitalia.it ), you have created a subfolder where messages are stopped to 2015 ( http://invisionitalia.it/ipb/ ). How can people trust to spend $130 with a $20 renewal every 50 days? that's why they download mine and not yours. It's enough now that you've tired me and I don't want to waste any more time having to justify myself. I only did a free translation and I did not kill anyone. 

Learn to write the truth and as you see translations I have sold enough, if you want to take away the curiosity which is the best, you have to buy mine and you will realize that it is like the night and the day. Personally I would not give Invision users a translation like yours, it's worth to say the least. Work either is good or you lose it regardless of whether the translation is paid or not.  I forgot ... as soon as you put it online there was complete writing and only after you changed the message, avoid writing balls. ?

Edited by EnzoC

This is just an example: this sentence "single_not_allday_noendtime", On <strong> {{startDate}} </ strong>, at <strong> {{startTime}} </ strong>, translated it "Su <strong> { {startDate}} </ strong>, a <strong> {{startTime}} </ strong>, while translating to "Dal <strong> {{startDate}} </ strong> alle <strong> {{startTime} } </ strong>, but you can cite another 100 of sentences, then take an examination of consciousness, enable the brain and then type on the keyboard.

Edited by EnzoC
4 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Report the file if you don't like it. Pay someone to translate to you or translate yourself. IPS will decide if you delist it or not.

You post here examples will have ABSOLUTELY no effect. At all. 

Adriano, you do not understand anything, I do not mark the file, the translation I do it to me and I do not want IPS to delete it, I just pretend that you write the truth when you insert a translation. From the translation of that type, 83 pages are missing and then you control yourself, it was done with your feet, this is the truth that you must tell other than complete. You see, a job or you do it well, otherwise it is better to let it go, a knitting would be ideal and let the translations be lost. Adriano, do you understand now? I hope so!!!

2 minutes ago, EnzoC said:

Adriano, you do not understand anything, I do not mark the file, the translation I do it to me and I do not want IPS to delete it, I just pretend that you write the truth when you insert a translation. From the translation of that type, 83 pages are missing and then you control yourself, it was done with your feet, this is the truth that you must tell other than complete. You see, a job or you do it well, otherwise it is better to let it go, a knitting would be ideal and let the translations be lost. Adriano, do you understand now? I hope so!!!

Oh God, the user lied!! What now? The world is over.

A question: is anyone forcing you to use THIS translation? No? Then simply unisntall it, pay someone else or do it yourself, since you don't want they delete it.

You whining here will not make it auto translate the missing langs. Live with it, mate!

25 minutes ago, EnzoC said:

take an examination of consciousness, enable the brain and then type on the keyboard.

Not really called for here. No reason to resort to this. You may want to consider using your own advice here.

@Adriano Faria is exactly right here.

Instead of tongue lashing this person, just turn the submission in and let IPB decide if it needs to be available or not.

Edited by DesignzShop
14 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Oh God, the user lied!! What now? The world is over.

A question: is anyone forcing you to use THIS translation? No? Then simply unisntall it, pay someone else or do it yourself, since you don't want they delete it.

You whining here will not make it auto translate the missing langs. Live with it, mate! 

I had written Adriano, YOU HAVE NOT HAPPENED NOTHING !!!

9 minutes ago, DesignzShop said:

Not really called for here. No reason to resort to this. You may want to consider using your own advice here.

@Adriano Faria is exactly right here.

Instead of tongue lashing this person, just turn the submission in and let IPB decide if it needs to be available or not. 

We want to write a book for this discussion? I simply wrote that the user gave complete the translation, but it is not, 83 pages are missing, then at a later time the user has changed the discussion regarding the translation. If you do not understand, better to let go and not answer this discussion or at least ask for explanations, I will gladly give you, but please, do not write nonsense, thank you !!!

The point seems to be, Enzo sells his Italian language packs and the other user gives it away for free.

@EnzoC So the members have the choice to buy your translation for 130€ if they are not satisfied with the other "lying guy's" translation. 

The German language is also offered here for free and it's missing a lot of phrases, but hey, it's free and I am very happy somebody is sharing this!

6 minutes ago, EnzoC said:

YOU HAVE NOT HAPPENED NOTHING !!!

Sorry, I don't understand your posts very well. Have no idea what you mean.

Anyway, if you don't want to waster your (and ours) time, finish the translation. If you don't want, uninstall it. There's no gun in your head.

Ignoring the whining from now on.

2 minutes ago, Ramsesx said:

The point seems to be, Enzo sells his Italian language packs and the other user gives it away for free.

OOOHHHHHHHH, now I understand. So it all comes down to marketplace competition then... I wasn't aware that the other guy had same translation (paid version).

??

Edited by Adriano Faria
1 minute ago, Adriano Faria said:

Sorry, I don't understand your posts very well. Have no idea what you mean.

Anyway, if you don't want to waster your (and ours) time, finish the translation. If you don't want, uninstall it. There's no gun in your head.

Ignoring the whining from now on. 

Adriano, forget it, mine will not be a great English, but you fau hard to understand my posts, so I'm losing my time with you, all right. From this chin I will not answer anymore, I have other things to do.

• 6 months later...

I posted two Marketplace plugins above which if used on the latest version of IPS4 valid at this time, these plugins don't work - although their designers say they go on versions 4.3 !!! I had to give up on them (at least at first plugin).

In this case, IPS marketplace, like aliexpress.com, should ensure that the products published in this section comply with the latest requirements, otherwise users may spend some money for nothing !!! And it does not seem right to me !!! 

I mean, someone who controls IPS Marketplace should check if plugins work, because those from IPS technical support have often faced certain errors caused by the up-to-date plug-in, for example, plugins that can work on version 4.3.0 but do not work on 4.3.6 and who buy 'plugins' has no way of knowing that !!!

4 minutes ago, donpetru said:

I mean, someone who controls IPS Marketplace should check if plugins work …

They are checked during submission, but it’s just not feasible to have IPS check every file on the marketplace against every new release. Not software company does that. No user base wants to pay for that. It’s much more reasonable to react to specific problems, e.g. by asking for a refund and IPS can also deactivate files after such problems have demonstrated to occur. 

First plugin - what is it that doesn't work? You asked a series of questions about functionality and they were answered as far as I can see now.

second plugin - I reckon you misunderstand how it works.

Sorry for being blunt but maybe try using the support channels and also allowing time for the developer to actually respond before whinging?

Edited by Nathan Explosion

Hello,

11 hours ago, donpetru said:

I posted two Marketplace plugins above which if used on the latest version of IPS4 valid at this time, these plugins don't work - although their designers say they go on versions 4.3 !!! I had to give up on them (at least at first plugin).

IPS 4.3.6

version.thumb.jpg.355b766f1d4c97603cfbb10856399f5a.jpg

Plugin disabled

contact.thumb.jpg.ea090677c472f6c1d80c58ebf8c9c188.jpg

Plugin enabled and configured

cfrf.thumb.jpg.a0aeb6eec3a85b42988a8d6226dbd101.jpg

Result

contact2.thumb.jpg.bf8cda31804f1120354c4617594e3e53.jpg

I also did not receive any reports about the fact that the plugin does not work on 4.3