Owdy

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Silly question, as a IPS4.x.x newbie, what is the exact upgrade process we need to take?

I can see the Download option when entering the ACP, and on the System / Site Features / Applications page it says 'update available' But nowhere do I see instructions saying exactly what we need to do.

Upgraded... AdminCP is completely blank after logging in. 

Deleted files in datastore. Still blank.

Submitted critical ticket as my board is currently in offline mode for the upgrade. (won't do that again)

Ticket 917293

For this upgrade, there is one system requirement missing:

You do not have the XMLReader PHP extension loaded which is required. You should contact your hosting provider or system administrator to ask for it to be enabled.

Could someone tell me why this is necessary? 

For this upgrade, there is one system requirement missing:

You do not have the XMLReader PHP extension loaded which is required. You should contact your hosting provider or system administrator to ask for it to be enabled.

Could someone tell me why this is necessary? 

​Because the Theme data is stored in XML files that need to be read. In previous versions, we used a different method, however it was inefficient and prone to memory limit errors. XMLReader prevents that.

​Because the Theme data is stored in XML files that need to be read. In previous versions, we used a different method, however it was inefficient and prone to memory limit errors. XMLReader prevents that.

​This extension has been installed and enabled on my webhost. However, this message keeps displaying. Could you help me out to solve this issue? 

Smooth upgrade, that's 3 in a row now.....we're on a roll here! (touches wood)

Please please please add clear cache as a final step in the upgrade process tho so we don't have to play wheres the support link 

Smooth upgrade, that's 3 in a row now.....we're on a roll here! (touches wood)

Please please please add clear cache as a final step in the upgrade process tho so we don't have to play wheres the support link ​

The cache is supposed to be rebuilding now on upgrade in 4.0.7. I will make sure that happens in the next release.

• Management

​I upgraded, and I'm still waiting for features in Nexus... Miss the custom actions; made life easy with automation.

​These are done with hooks now. I've asked the developers to do a writeup on how to replicate custom actions in IPS4.

could someone provide a list of files changed for this update? I asked somewhere else but did not get a working answer

I merge the site two days ago and don t have time to reupload all files so just the changed ones would be nice but the 4.0.6 ACP is broken for the download part and apparently fixed in 4.0.7

EDIT: EVEN BETTER could we download the incremental updates from the site here when a situation like when the ACP download is not working? So that we don t have to re up the whole site?

We don't have a change list handy.

I just saw your original topic .. it was posted 7 hours ago. I'm sure you could have uploaded all the files about 30000 times by now ;)

​Sorry I m in med school and not always in front of a computer with ftp access...yes in a perfect world I would have 7 hours to do the work but I pop back home only for 2 hours per day due to hospital rotations so I have virtually zero time to waste...sorry not complaining just explaining why I don t have time to re up everything quickly (need to backup site+database...takes time) and why a changelog of files would be awesome for people like myself who have very little time :)

Also its not just about uploading and merging, its about copying the original files and the database then making sure the backups are fine then merging files and testing they were uploaded fine via ftp the launching the upgrade then testing the site then putting it live...its not a 2 minutes operation...not complaining because I love you guys but the system in the ACP that downloads just the files needed would be great on the client section of the site as well...just saying

Archived