(NB40) Pinned Posts

Hello,

12 hours ago, James101 said:

Does this setting mean it will automatically pin the entered post number? - http://prntscr.com/uif1so

Yes

If yes, how do I find post number?

Just count the posts

pin.jpg.0872c9cd8a660346b0734b80cb57030b.jpg

Will all first replies have the same post number?

Yes

10 hours ago, FFXIV Admin said:

Hello,

I've updated to the latest version, and this issue seems to persist.

Hello,

From which version did you updated?

If you don't have pinned posts you can reinstall the plugin

26 minutes ago, James101 said:

The pinned posts works fine when the post is posted manually. I have Auto-Reply to Topics by Adriano Faria installed and set up to post replies in certain forums. The auto replies are not getting pinned but only the manual replies are getting pinned.

As I said above I don't know how his application works.

I need to see the code.

On 9/16/2020 at 10:03 PM, newbie LAC said:
On 9/16/2020 at 11:27 AM, FFXIV Admin said:

Hello,

I've updated to the latest version, and this issue seems to persist.

Hello,

From which version did you updated?

If you don't have pinned posts you can reinstall the plugin

I was on version 1.0.12 previously. Pinned posts were showing up when I did my IPS 4.4 to 4.5 upgrade, and then broke after I updated the plugin to the latest version. My community had made use of pinned posts previously and I'd like to retain them if possible, but if it's easier to uninstall the plugin and erase its data and then reinstall it, I can post an update to advise users to re-pin their content as needed.

Hello,

10 hours ago, FFXIV Admin said:

I was on version 1.0.12 previously. Pinned posts were showing up when I did my IPS 4.4 to 4.5 upgrade, and then broke after I updated the plugin to the latest version. My community had made use of pinned posts previously and I'd like to retain them if possible, but if it's easier to uninstall the plugin and erase its data and then reinstall it, I can post an update to advise users to re-pin their content as needed.

PM me and I'll give you sql-queries to fix the issue and retain the pinned posts

• 2 months later...

I bought plugin and tried to test it. I used provided example of code, but with "request.page > 1" (because I need to show pinned posts only on the 1 page).  As a result - the second page is empty...

How to reproduce: try to create a topic with 35 comments and "pin" comments from 14 to 27 (I use the setting "14 messages per page").

image.png.8adec0a4bdc54c66e6e9e9c9002de484.png

I tried to add this code to template nbPinnedPostsSeparators too - the same result.

Easy example: just try to imagine, that you pinned all comments in the topic. Yes, this is stupid, but this will show you the problem:

Page 1: topic message  + all comments
Page 2: all comments
Page N: all comments

Let's try to add provided code:

Page 1: topic message  + all comments
Page 2: empty page (because all messages are pinned)
Page N: empty page (because all messages are pinned)

And one more problem: direct link to post (do=findComment&comment=ххх) will redirect me to empty page 🤐 

I found a simple workaround that solved all my problems:  I simply disabled plugin for all pages except first (file nbPinnedPostsPosts.php, function "comments")

if ( \IPS\Request::i()->page > 1)
{
       return $comments;
}

After that we can "pin" for example 30 messages out of 1500 messages and everything will work fine ☺️

Edited by Viktor Levytskyi
  • 2 months later...

Hi @newbie LAC

In your latest versions you have moved the data into a separate database table. Before I could return pinned posts by the php command return $content->nbpinned;  How can i return those posts now?

Also, before we had a setting to unpin all the posts, this setting has been removed, how to unpin all posts then?
Also, before we could pin all the first posts with the setting "Pin first post ", but since this setting has been changed to Pin entered pids (post number), how can we pin all the first posts of the already existing topics?

(I was updating from the 1.0.12, and the update stuck for a minute or so: I was thinking that there was a connection issue with the marketplace, so I have updated the page. - as the result - I have lost some data, because that time the data was transferring from forums_posts table to a new specific table. I didn't know that you have moved the data to another table in the latest versions of your plugin 😞 😞 So I'd suggest to mention such a case in the "Previous changes" menu (e.g. "The data moved to a new table"), so the people will be more careful when updating. Thank you.)

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/15/2023 at 12:48 PM, teraßyte said:

In case recommended posts won't work for what you need, I've updated this modification for some clients before.

Unfortunately, I can't redistribute it in the marketplace since it's not my plugin. If you PM me, we can talk further about it.

Check your inbox