(NB40) Pinned Posts

Hi we just bought your plugin, firs tof all thanks for that work, but i do have a question.

Right now if i pinn a post ... this get moved to the top, but is there a option to leave the post on it "spot" and move a "copy" of it to the top?
so like

Pinned

else its really hard if people try follow the conversation.

Edited by Aerosoft

Hello,

11 minutes ago, Aerosoft said:

this get moved to the top, but is there a option to leave the post on it "spot" and move a "copy" of it to the top?

No, there is no option for this

12 minutes ago, Aerosoft said:

Also i would like to change the icon of the (i) and the checkmark?

Edit the templates nbPinnedPostsButton (button) and nbPinnedPostsSeparators (separators)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Question, if the pinned post is on the same page as the post does it block it from showing? Example, if you pin post #1, you don't need it to show on page #1 or you see it twice.

"Pin first post after create topic"
This looks like just the setting I need. This is automatic right? And if we want to pin more by hand in the same topic we can?

Looks like a great mod. A feature suggestion would be, added to the setting above, "Only pin first post after "x" pages/posts." This would be a good setting if you only want it to pin automatically in topics that get very long, and we enter the x variable.

Thanks!

Just now, chilihead said:

Hello,

Question, if the pinned post is on the same page as the post does it block it from showing? Example, if you pin post #1, you don't need it to show on page #1 or you see it twice.

1 pinned post.

See 3d screenshot. First post on first page.

pinned1.png.42034df974cc572c36ada8850f84

1 minute ago, chilihead said:

This is automatic right?

Yes. When you created topic first post will be pinned automatically. You do not have to do it manually

2 minutes ago, chilihead said:

And if we want to pin more by hand in the same topic we can?

Yes.

Thanks! I think I got it but just to make sure, if I have it auto-pin the first post, that won't show twice (as a pinned post and a regular post) on page 1 right?

And if I decide to pin, say, the 5th post on page 16, will it show pinned at the top of page 16 and as the 5th post (so you see it twice on that page), or just as pinned on every other page?

Hope that makes sense. :unsure:

if I have it auto-pin the first post, that won't show twice (as a pinned post and a regular post) on page 1 right?

Yes.

pin1.thumb.jpg.816ad08de72207ec13318105b

I pinned 1st post

pin2.thumb.jpg.09ef86685cff97e8620c1d7f3

This post shows once

And if I decide to pin, say, the 5th post on page 16, will it show pinned at the top of page 16

Not only page 16. Every page.

And if I decide to pin, say, the 5th post on page 16, will it show pinned at the top of page 16 and as the 5th post (so you see it twice on that page)

No. You'll see 1 pinned post at the top

I see how it works thanks! Since I really only need it for the first post, it should work for me.

For pinning a lower down post, if it pins it, but does not show it below on that same page, that might disrupt the conversation flow on that page. I'd rather it show as normal (in the post order) on that page, and pinned on every other (or all pages unless page 1/first post setting).

BUT great mod, and it may do what I need thanks!

Edited by chilihead
  • 2 months later...

Got this error

Tue, 10 May 2016 09:13:47 +0000 (Severity: 0)
109.86.186.245 - http://fmfan.ru/board/topic/55962-правила-крэпа/
Unknown column 'archive_content_date' in 'order clause'
SELECT forums_posts.*, forums_topics.* FROM `fan_forums_posts` AS `forums_posts` STRAIGHT_JOIN `fan_forums_topics` AS `forums_topics` ON forums_posts.topic_id=forums_topics.tid AND ( forums_topics.approved=1 OR ( forums_topics.approved=0 AND forums_topics.starter_id=29279 ) ) STRAIGHT_JOIN `fan_core_permission_index` AS `core_permission_index` ON core_permission_index.app=? AND core_permission_index.perm_type=? AND core_permission_index.perm_type_id=forums_topics.forum_id AND (( ( FIND_IN_SET(3,perm_2) ) ) OR perm_2=? ) LEFT JOIN `fan_forums_forums` AS `forums_forums` ON forums_topics.forum_id=forums_forums.id AND ( forums_forums.password IS NULL OR ( ( FIND_IN_SET(3,forums_forums.password_override) ) ) ) AND forums_forums.min_posts_view<=? WHERE topic_id=55962 AND nbpinned=1 AND ( forums_forums.can_view_others=1 OR forums_topics.starter_id=? ) AND queued=? ORDER BY archive_content_date asc LIMIT 10
Array
(
    [0] => forums
    [1] => forum
    [2] => *
    [3] => 93
    [4] => 29279
    [5] => 0
)

| File                                                                       | Function                                                                      | Line No.          |
 |----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------|
 | /system/Db/Db.php                                                          | [IPS\Db\_Exception].__construct                                               | 388               |
 '----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------'
 | /system/Db/Select.php                                                      | [IPS\_Db].preparedQuery                                                       | 346               |
 '----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------'
 | /system/Db/Select.php                                                      | [IPS\Db\_Select].runQuery                                                     | 402               |
 |                                                                            | [IPS\Db\_Select].rewind                                                       |                   |
 | /init.php(435) : eval()'d code                                             | [IteratorIterator].rewind                                                     | 47                |
 | /applications/forums/modules/front/forums/topic.php                        | [IPS\forums\hook52].comments                                                  | 211               |

• 2 months later...

@newbie LAC Hi!

While using the forums, based on the previous ipb versions, we've got a similar plugin, which could pin the necessary post in a topic. But that was always a problem for us, to find out, who has pinned each certain post. 

So I would like to know, whether your current version of "Pinned Posts" plugin has the feature of adding logs in the each topic's moderation history, if not, will you consider adding it in the future? 

Sometimes it's necessary to know, who has pinned a post, that's why that would be great, if your plugin has/will have this feature ^_^ 

• 2 months later...

@newbie LAC Hello,

The permissions for using the plugin are applied only for user Groups (GLOBAL).

May we have the permissions to be added also through the Moderator tab here:

ACP - Members - Moderators - Select moderator - tab "Pinned Posts".

Sometimes we can add moderators to some specific forums, where they can moderate locally only. For this reason, they also need the rights to pin/unpin posts, but only in there "own" forums! And with that requested tab, we can give them these rights to pin/unpin posts only in those topics, which located in their controlled forums.

Is that possible to implement? ^_^ 

• 4 weeks later...