(NB40) Pinned Posts

Hello.

Bug detected:

After pinning first post in topic, which hasn't another posts, I'm getting error EX2.

Log:

Tue, 07 Jul 2015 11:14:36 +0000 (Severity: 2)
95.108.132.187 - http://site/forum/topic/8997-tplus-kachestvennyiy-takelazh-dinamicheskie-stropyi-shaklyi/
ErrorException
2: Creating default object from empty value
#0 /var/www/offroad4x4club.com/forum/init.php(431) : eval()'d code(57): IPS\IPS::errorHandler(2, 'Creating defaul...', '/var/www/offroa...', 57, Array)
#1 /var/www/offroad4x4club.com/forum/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/topic.php(190): IPS\forums\hook71->comments(NULL, NULL, 'date', 'asc', NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL)
#2 /var/www/offroad4x4club.com/forum/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(94): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_topic->manage()
#3 /var/www/offroad4x4club.com/forum/system/Content/Controller.php(45): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#4 /var/www/offroad4x4club.com/forum/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/topic.php(40): IPS\Content\_Controller->execute()
#5 /var/www/offroad4x4club.com/forum/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_topic->execute()
#6 /var/www/offroad4x4club.com/forum/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#7 {main}

Hello,

Fixed. I'll upload new version coming soon

Yes, when a topic is create, the first post automatically pinned. I don't know if it's possible for you to add this and maybe I'm only one to want it, but actually in my live forum (my live forum is again on 3.4.. The 4.0 just use for test for the moment) I have a plugin to pin the first post but I need to do that manually..; and it's very very bad for me to do that manually (because take many time), so if you add this in your plugin I will very interested to buy it... If it's possible for you. ;)

Yes, when a topic is create, the first post automatically pinned. I don't know if it's possible for you to add this and maybe I'm only one to want it, but actually in my live forum (my live forum is again on 3.4.. The 4.0 just use for test for the moment) I have a plugin to pin the first post but I need to do that manually..; and it's very very bad for me to do that manually (because take many time), so if you add this in your plugin I will very interested to buy it... If it's possible for you. ;)

No problem. I'l add this feature

pinned.thumb.png.63697a17bea0f1ea30b8169

Edited by newbie LAC
  • 3 weeks later...

@newbie LAC I have found a bug in this application.

It works perfectly in a 'Discussion' forum however f you try using it in a 'Question' forum the original post that is made to create the topic is duplicated on the thread and then you get the pinned post so it looks like this;

Question

Answer1
Answer2
Answer3

If I want to pin Answer 3 this is what I get with the plugin;

Question

Question
Answer3
Answer1
Answer2

If I then refresh the page or come back to that thread it looks like this;

Question

Answer1
Answer2
Answer3 (This one is still showing as pinned as you have the 'Unpin' option yet the post is back in its original place and it hasn't been unpinned.

Hope that makes sense.

@newbie LAC I have found a bug in this application.

It works perfectly in a 'Discussion' forum however f you try using it in a 'Question' forum the original post that is made to create the topic is duplicated on the thread and then you get the pinned post so it looks like this;

Hello,

Not tested with questions. But confirmed.

How it should look like? We already have the first post (question) that is visible on all pages.

If I want to pin Answer 3 this is what I get with the plugin;

Question

Question
Answer3
Answer1
Answer2

Fixed

If I then refresh the page or come back to that thread it looks like this;

Question

Answer1
Answer2
Answer3 (This one is still showing as pinned as you have the 'Unpin' option yet the post is back in its original place and it hasn't been unpinned.

I can't reproduce this.

pinq.thumb.png.7c13ecaa5bc70e7c5c04dc180

Also I removed pin button from questions

If you want to test new version PM me.

• 1 month later...

I have error when delete plugin (2S101/J We could not locate the item you are trying to view.). IPS 4.0.13.1.

One more request: can you add option for accept pin posts only in user own topic if user have permission for pin? I want permission set only for user's own posts/topics.

Edited by PROSECRETS.COM

Hello,

5 hours ago, PROSECRETS.COM said:

I have error when delete plugin (2S101/J We could not locate the item you are trying to view.). IPS 4.0.13.1.

Can't reproduce error.

1. Install the plugin

2. Pinned some posts

3. Deleted the plugin

4. Refreshed the topic page and doesn't see any errors

5 hours ago, PROSECRETS.COM said:

One more request: can you add option for accept pin posts only in user own topic if user have permission for pin? I want permission set only for user's own posts/topics.

Yes, I can

Mb something like:

1. Groups can pin / unpin posts everywhere. (for administrators/moderators/etc.)
  2. Groups can pin / unpin posts in his own topics only.

And switch button: Users from 2. will be able pin / unpin only his own posts if On and all posts in his own topics, if Off.

Edited by PROSECRETS.COM
27 minutes ago, PROSECRETS.COM said:

And switch button: Users from 2. will be able pin / unpin only his own posts if On and all posts in his own topics, if Off.

Not sure what you mean.

Setting "Groups (GLOBAL)" allow to pin all posts everywhere

Setting "Groups (TOPIC OWNER/STARTER)" allow to pin all posts in topic only if member is topic starter

If you select group "Members" for both settings the first override the second