Pls bring back custom RSS feeds

NoGi

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Lindy said:

For those still calling for this, please read the whole topic. :)

Unless I'm going blind, I can't see anywhere in the topic where it says that the feature has been reinstated?

• Management
Just now, NoGi said:

Unless I'm going blind, I can't see anywhere in the topic where it says that the feature has been reinstated?

You can accomplish much, if not all, of what you're looking for by RSSng a custom activity stream. 

5 minutes ago, Lindy said:

You can accomplish much, if not all, of what you're looking for by RSSng a custom activity stream. 

I'd say not really

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2015 at 9:47 AM, NoGi said:

This could easily be resolved if we could create custom streams based on topic creation date and only list topics as streams all seem to have RSS exports available. But alas, you can't create a stream based on creation date atm.

5 minutes ago, Lindy said:

I'd say not really

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2015 at 9:47 AM, NoGi said:

This could easily be resolved if we could create custom streams based on topic creation date and only list topics as streams all seem to have RSS exports available. But alas, you can't create a stream based on creation date atm.

7 minutes ago, Lindy said:

A custom Activity Stream RSS feed posts the same topic multiple times as each new post in a topic is made.  This looks very redundant in a facebook or twitter feed.  

2 minutes ago, Lindy said:

We can look at improving stream output then. We wouldn't be interested in reinventing the wheel.

Exactly, I don't think you need to reinvent the wheel, just add an option to select to post a new topic, blog, article, calendar event, gallery item, etc  once independent of comment updates.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/6/2016 at 11:15 PM, Lindy said:

We can look at improving stream output then. We wouldn't be interested in reinventing the wheel.

Reinventing the wheel?  I have gone back to caveman days.  Every time I change anything on my forums, I have to go to Chimp feed and paste hundreds of rss feeds.  Have to do it again today.  My goodness you are not the one having to do this.  I mean come on, this is ridiculous!

Just lost nearly 60 RSS links in mail chimp by accidentally hitting the X on my browser tab while switching back and forth. Look at the odds when doing this hundreds of times,,,,   I have to start all over again.  You really have no clue...  I am gonna wait to update them because I am adding a new category in less than a week.  Good thing I remembered this..  Egads.....  

• Management

Deep breath, it'll be ok. :lol:

I meant there's little sense in creating two functions that essentially do the same thing. Let me know what specifically you're trying to do and let's see if we can make the stream RSS output do what you need. 

4 minutes ago, Lindy said:

Deep breath, it'll be ok. :lol:

I meant there's little sense in creating two functions that essentially do the same thing. Let me know what specifically you're trying to do and let's see if we can make the stream RSS output do what you need. 

Well, I am ready to crack after hitting 60 and losing it all.  

I want all new topics and articles and pages to feed into my FB and Twitter pages. (The pages will likely never happen.) And I don't want additional posts with comments showing up.  The streams throw in the comments,

• 1 month later...

Has this been sorted yet?

Previously every post my members made on the forums was auto-exported via Twitterfeed (other solutions available), onto Facebook and Twitter along with the title, first line of the post, and any image that was posted

It was all automated and worked a dream

That basically meant that all the posts on my site were autoposted, and people clicked the link and came to the forum

Simple

Can we have that back please?

On 4/28/2016 at 9:53 AM, Sheffielder said:

Has this been sorted yet?

Previously every post my members made on the forums was auto-exported via Twitterfeed (other solutions available), onto Facebook and Twitter along with the title, first line of the post, and any image that was posted

It was all automated and worked a dream

That basically meant that all the posts on my site were autoposted, and people clicked the link and came to the forum

Simple

Can we have that back please?

I thought this was with the last update although I never tried it yet.  Have had some big issues to sort first.

On 5/15/2016 at 8:32 AM, Sheffielder said:

I'm trying the latest version - still not working as I need it to

Anyone else experiencing issues with this?

Actually, I did try this and thought I did something wrong.  Spent more time on this and it does not work.  I will put in a support ticket,

22 hours ago, Joel R said:

You may also want to check Feeds by @Marcher Technologies

Woot woot!  But it is $40.  OMG...  This will not do although I love Marchers work,  Now that I looked into this further, it is for importing and not exporting,

• 2 months later...

@Lindy any more progress on this?

All I want to be able to do is export via RSS newly created Topics. That's it. The current system adds all replies to existing topics as well so our social media channels get clogged up with duplicate posts.

7 hours ago, NoGi said:

@Lindy any more progress on this?

All I want to be able to do is export via RSS newly created Topics. That's it. The current system adds all replies to existing topics as well so our social media channels get clogged up with duplicate posts.

This app is what I purchased to do exactly as you are suggesting, and it allows you to choose the Forums you wish for your RSS feed to draw new topics from.

Archived