4.0.6 upgrade broke images

W4L

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got ya now, sorry..... Here's the themes with screens. I also have them listed here at IPB Marketplace
https://www.designzshop.com/site/store/category/2-d-series-skinz/

​Right, mystery solved as I was looking for the S-Series skins (lightweight) and that is why I could not see the images.

yah i have your octane turmoil skin at my site very nice theme my members love it , my site is members only tekguru but if you would like to take a look send me a pm .

​No worries, PM sent.

Patience guys. I had major problems with broken forum file attachments and image attachments. IPS has has been working through these issues and others that I did in a support ticket 2 weeks ago. Today the last issue with broken forum file attachments has finally been resolved. I'm now more or less fully functional. A few minor remaining issues look to be bugs.

Patience guys. I had major problems with broken forum file attachments and image attachments. IPS has has been working through these issues and others that I did in a support ticket 2 weeks ago. Today the last issue with broken forum file attachments has finally been resolved. I'm now more or less fully functional. A few minor remaining issues look to be bugs.

​2 weeks for issues to be resolved, that is not good though.

​2 weeks for issues to be resolved, that is not good though.

​Most of them were fixed within a couple of days. One biggie took some work and had to be escalated right to the top. I'm fine with the length it took. For the very modest amount IPS charges for maintenance contracts they provide excellent service.

well i can make some images display but only if i add the /uploads into the url .

for some reason its not doing it . it just leaves uploads out of the url since the upgrade.

i am thinking im gonna leave ipb its just been one issue after another since i went to 4

me and my community have had enough , i have lost members and revenue because of this .

this issue isnt a big deal to me but im afraid to do any upgrades now it seems like it just breaks somthing else .

im gonna take a look at other options today , i love ipb but they shouldnt have realesed a pos.

@W4L you need to give them a little bit of time, you can understand the pressure they will have for all of us asking during more than 1 year "when you relase ips 4, when when?" and finally they did it but as many other softwares it take time at the beggining solve all the pending issues that appears. It is like when you buy a new Mercedes car that has appear in the market 1 month ago, it looks amaizing but at the beggining even the best manufacturers has problems with new models. Some people decide to wait one year to buy a new model and some people like us we want to have it since the first day, but then we will risk to have some problems...

I also had problems with emoticons and attachments that do not display in my new ips4, I checked the html source and I realized that in my case the url of the images was not complete, appear like:

img src="monthly_05_2015/post-8359-0-48704500-1431804841_thumb.jpg"

when it should be like that:

img src="http://mysite.com/forum/uploads/monthly_05_2015/post-8359-0-48704500-1431804841_thumb.jpg"

so to fix that was very easy, I just had to enter in the table "forums_posts" of the database and run a query like this:

UPDATE forums_posts SET post = REPLACE( post, 'src="monthly_', 'src="/monthly_' )

And that is the basic idea will fix the problem, now all the attachments in my ips4 forum are visible like in ips3.

You said "uploads" is missing in your url, so it is the same problem I had. So you are safe to run these queries and it will solve your problem:

For attachments:

UPDATE forums_posts SET post = REPLACE( post, 'href="monthly_', ' class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="/monthly_' )

UPDATE forums_posts SET post = REPLACE( post, 'src="monthly_', ' class="ipsImage ipsImage_thumbnailed" src="/monthly_' )

For emoticons:

UPDATE forums_posts SET post = REPLACE( post, 'src="emoticons/', 'src="/emoticons/' ) 

what does it mean "only in my index"? For me the index is the list of all subforums you have in your site, and in this place just the title and description of the forums appear, so no attachments or emoticons appear in this place.

Can you please give me the url of your site and I will take a look?

d36a008722abe2f93dae91f3d39df333.png

my site is members only but if you want to take a look i can pm you the link.

thats what i mean on the index only . my icons show in the acp but not on the index, same as emotions they wont work either but they do in posts

Ahhh ok, you speak about the icon for each subforum. This is something totally different, I was speaking about attachments and emoticons in posts not in index. I have not had this problem, so I cannot help you here without check the code to display this icons. Sorry

I also had problems with emoticons and attachments that do not display in my new ips4, I checked the html source and I realized that in my case the url of the images was not complete, appear like:

img src="monthly_05_2015/post-8359-0-48704500-1431804841_thumb.jpg"

​Looks like I have the same issue too!

img src="monthly_11_2014/post-11-0-49488600-1415793778_thumb.jpg"

as seen in the thread here.

Is it definitely safe / correct to run those queries to fix?

Yes @tekguru, it is safe because in the same way you made these queries to solve the problem:

UPDATE forums_posts SET post = REPLACE( post, 'href="monthly_', ' class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="/monthly_' )

UPDATE forums_posts SET post = REPLACE( post, 'src="monthly_', ' class="ipsImage ipsImage_thumbnailed" src="/monthly_' )

You can return whenever you want to the previous state, just making these other queries in the oposite way:

UPDATE forums_posts SET post = REPLACE( post, ' class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="/monthly_', 'href="monthly_' )

UPDATE forums_posts SET post = REPLACE( post, ' class="ipsImage ipsImage_thumbnailed" src="/monthly_', 'src="monthly_' )

So it is totally safe

To say in an easy way, this queries are doing this

Look in the database the text "original bad code for attachments" and replace for "new good code for attachments"

I say that it is totally safe because in the same way we do that we can return to the previous code doing the opposite

Look in the database the text "new good code for attachments" and replace again for "original bad code for attachments"

so to fix that was very easy, I just had to enter in the table "forums_posts" of the database and run a query like this:

UPDATE forums_posts SET post = REPLACE( post, 'src="monthly_', 'src="/monthly_' )

And that is the basic idea will fix the problem, now all the attachments in my ips4 forum are visible like in ips3.

You said "uploads" is missing in your url, so it is the same problem I had. So you are safe to run these queries and it will solve your problem:​

I can confirm that this worked for me.

Archived