Upload Logo

I am trying to use the panel on V4 to upload and change the logo. I keep getting upload failed and have no idea why. I am new to this but the file is logo.png and its the exact size as the original there.

I have used the skin burning sky and have edited the logo text using photoshop 12.

is there a way I can find the file using an FTP cliet, as in the location and upload it directly ??

Thank you for any help anyone might give.

Is your uploads directory writeable?

If you are not sure you can go to: ACP -> System -> Support -> Support -> System Check and scroll to the bottom.

​I checked Jim and all is ok.

• /home/tourist/public_html/uploads is writable
  • /home/tourist/public_html/uploads/logs is writable

I am trying to use the panel on V4 to upload and change the logo. I keep getting upload failed and have no idea why. I am new to this but the file is logo.png and its the exact size as the original there.

I have used the skin burning sky and have edited the logo text using photoshop 12.

is there a way I can find the file using an FTP cliet, as in the location and upload it directly ??

Thank you for any help anyone might give.

​Hi

BurningSky is my new theme and thank you for purchasing .... not sure why having this issue

shouldn't need to but did you delete the logo.png via admincp >> customization >> themes >> burningsky >> far right of theme name left click the 'pencil icon'  >> logo tab

delete that then try uploading yours  by using the 'choose file' option or drag and drop option (if doesn't work with one then try the other)

I have tried this with no option to delete. The url of the forum is cyprus-tourist.com. The skin is great for the forum I wish to set up and worth every cent. I just need the image to be Cyprus Tourist

I have screen captured the ACP for you to see, there is no option to delete from what I can see but the logo is still on site?

I just tried both versions to upoad the new file and the original. Is it possible to do this via FTP maybe ??

forum.jpg

I remade the logo, resaved it, and uploaded it again. No idea why but this worked. I did the job exactly the same on both occasions. Maybe a file glitch !!! All worked perfectly this time by drag and drop.

​phew .. thanks for that .. as you say some glitch when saving maybe didn't save as .png or something ... any other problems then feel free to contact me

Archived