Custom Topic Feed being cached since last version

Ivo Pereira

Hello,

After updating the community yesterday to 4.0.6, me and my users noticed that the block Custom Topic Feed put at the top of the forums page, started being cached.

For example, a user made a post 10 minutes ago, and it caches those values. If another user does post, the values do not update, however it does update correctly using the tab "New Content".

If I do cleanup cache the values do update, however of course I don't want to do it manually everytime to fix it.

Any suggestions?

Hello,

After updating the community yesterday to 4.0.6, me and my users noticed that the block Custom Topic Feed put at the top of the forums page, started being cached.

For example, a user made a post 10 minutes ago, and it caches those values. If another user does post, the values do not update, however it does update correctly using the tab "New Content".

If I do cleanup cache the values do update, however of course I don't want to do it manually everytime to fix it.

Any suggestions?

​.

Advanced configuration ..

maybe lower this .. default is 5 minutes .. that's not too bad ..

For many blocks, getting the data every time the block needs to be shown can be bad for performance. This setting allows you to only reload the block after a set period of time.
This means there will be a delay before the content of blocks is changed - for example, if you set this to 5 minutes, and you have a block showing the most recent topics, it may take up to 5 minutes for a new topic to show.

2015-05-22_15-48-42.thumb.png.9269e220fa

Archived