Generic "something went wrong" using exact code example

demeto

I used exactly the code example given here but it returns a very generic error. "something went wrong,please try again."

//2) Reading the Community Suite session
/* Require the init.php file from the Community Suite root directory */
require 'init.php';// im in the exact same folder as init.php

/* Initiate the session to verify who this user is */
\IPS\Session\Front::init(); // this line is causing problems it seems but puts out useless errors

/* Print the user's name */
print \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->name;

Is there a way to show more debugging messages or something? These messages are completely use less for debugging :)

I'm in the exact same folder as init.php

Would be very useful to know (i) how to extend the error message information, (ii) how to get this working.

I used exactly the code example given here but it returns a very generic error. "something went wrong,please try again."

//2) Reading the Community Suite session
/* Require the init.php file from the Community Suite root directory */
require 'init.php';// im in the exact same folder as init.php

/* Initiate the session to verify who this user is */
\IPS\Session\Front::init(); // this line is causing problems it seems but puts out useless errors

/* Print the user's name */
print \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->name;

Is there a way to show more debugging messages or something? These messages are completely use less for debugging :)

I'm in the exact same folder as init.php

Would be very useful to know (i) how to extend the error message information, (ii) how to get this working.

​.

Can you try this one ?

replace path/to/your/init.php

added some extra variables ..

<?php
    require_once( 'path/to/your/init.php' );
    \IPS\Session\Front::i();
    $memCSRF = \IPS\Session::i()->csrfKey;
    $member = \IPS\Member::loggedIn();
    $memName = $member->name;
    $memEmail = $member->email;
    $memID = $member->member_id;

@IN10TION, thanks that works, although it mildly surprises me the code example from the documentation is wrong :)

$member = \IPS\Member::loggedIn(); // this is very helpful thank you
var_dump($member);

Do you also happen to know where I could find other functions like this for for instance Topic data?

@IN10TION, thanks that works, although it mildly surprises me the code example from the documentation is wrong :)

$member = \IPS\Member::loggedIn(); // this is very helpful thank you
var_dump($member);

Do you also happen to know where I could find other functions like this for for instance Topic data?

​.

It depends a bit how your templates interact with each other and where you are at to make changes ..

Are you in your theme templates ?

I'm in both my theme templates as in an application that uses your code example. What I want to do is make sure that the topic someone views is actually send to the session so the external app sees it (going to fiddle a bit with ajax) :)

In IPS3 i just did this by using something like

session_start(); // in index.php
$_SESSION['topicid'] = isset($topic['tid']) ? $topic['tid'] : 0 ; // in the topicViewTemplate ips3

Not sure though if i can freely use sessions in ips4 as I could with ips3 or if it requires additional functions. (the native $_SESSION's array seem empty though so apparently it is not used)

I'm in both my theme templates as in an application that uses your code example. What I want to do is make sure that the topic someone views is actually send to the session so the external app sees it (going to fiddle a bit with ajax) :)

In IPS3 i just did this by using something like

session_start(); // in index.php
$_SESSION['topicid'] = isset($topic['tid']) ? $topic['tid']: 0 ; // in the topicViewTemplate ips3

Not sure though if i can freely use sessions in IPS4 as I could with ips3 :)

​.

No idea for the sessions ..

Topic id is like this now (if your theme passes the $topic variable to your template) ..

$topic->tid

​.

No idea for the sessions ..

Topic id is like this now (if your theme passes the $topic variable to your template) ..

$topic->tid

​Super thanks a lot mate! I found this one also for the forumview (multiple topics)

template code:              data-rowID='{$row->$idField}' // in themes / forums / topicRow

Thanks again for the help!!

​Super thanks a lot mate! I found this one also for the forumview (multiple topics)

template code:              data-rowID='{$row->$idField}' // in themes / forums / topicRow

Thanks again for the help!!

​.

Just wanted to reply .. {{foreach $rows as $row}} is mostly used with $idField as {{$idField = $row::$databaseColumnId;}} ..

Will be a bit of trial and error to puzzle it  :)  .. 

​.

Just wanted to reply .. {{foreach $rows as $row}} is mostly used with $idField as {{$idField = $row::$databaseColumnId;}} ..

Will be a bit of trial and error to puzzle it  :)  .. 

​Ok cool good to know, I'll fiddle around, cheers!! :)

Archived