Broken after 4.0.6 upgrade

ehren.

I've upgraded from 4.0.2 to 4.0.6, and my frontend and ACP look like this:

Screen_Shot_2015-05-21_at_5.17.33_pm.thu

The css is broken due to incorrect paths:

<link rel='stylesheet' href='http://site.com/forum///site.com/forum/uploads/css_built_1/341e4a57816af3ba440d891ca87450ff_framework.css.fa4f20d6c0a5f96a27e175420154b9df.css?v=c52f5742dc' media='all'>

Should be:

<link rel='stylesheet' href='http://site.com/forum/uploads/css_built_1/341e4a57816af3ba440d891ca87450ff_framework.css.fa4f20d6c0a5f96a27e175420154b9df.css?v=c52f5742dc' media='all'>

There is also an error on all pages, including the ACP which means I cannot access the support area and attempt to fix it from there.

Sorry, there is a problem

Something went wrong. Please try again.

Error code: EX2048

I've sent in a ticket, but I don't imagine it'll be fixed before the weekend. Has anyone else had this issue, and if so, what solution seemed to work? :)

Try Uploading all the files again (complete set) ? 

Did you run the upgrade script ?

I had this a while ago and it was just some broken files

​Yep - all files were uploaded correctly and the upgrade worked fine. There were no reported errors along the way.

I'll reupload all of the files again to see if it helps, but I've upgraded countless forums and have used the same method for this upgrade. Will report back.. :)

You need to clear the cache in the ACP

​I can't access any page in the ACP. It displays an error on every page (not just the css error, but an actual system error).

​I can't access any page in the ACP. It displays an error on every page (not just the css error, but an actual system error).

​Oh - I missed that one too. Can you access the FTP, and goto your uploads/logs folder and see if there is an error log or something? The clue to the problem should lie in there, and help identify if it's a bug with IPS or something else. 

I've upgraded from 4.0.2 to 4.0.6, and my frontend and ACP look like this:

​checked your table settings on orig_core_sys_conf_settings and find path to upload directory and see if the pathway are correct there?

​Oh - I missed that one too. Can you access the FTP, and goto your uploads/logs folder and see if there is an error log or something? The clue to the problem should lie in there, and help identify if it's a bug with IPS or something else. 

​Thanks - I can access FTP but have no knowledge of diagnosing the issue based on those files :unsure:

Happened to me. All I had to do is refresh the page after being taken to the main site after the upgrade. After refresh everything appeared. Of course this doesn't happen on a fresh install, just upgrade.

​Unfortunately it isn't a simple browser cache issue. The media paths have broken during the upgrade and a system error also occurs. A simple refresh isn't the solution for this problem. Your bug was different to mine :)

​checked your table settings on orig_core_sys_conf_settings and find path to upload directory and see if the url are correct there?

​Everything seems to be okay from what I can tell.. forum was working fine prior to the upgrade (all upload paths were configured correctly). 

I've upgraded to 4.0.6.1 and the server error has gone. I can now access my frontend and ACP, however the css paths are still wrong so the site is broken visually. I tried the Support features (cleared cache, created a new theme, etc) but the error continues to happen.

I'll post the solution here once the support staff tell me what's wrong. :)

I've had exactly the same issue upgrading from 3.4.7 to 4.0.6, and then trying again to 4.0.6.1. Unfortunately when I submitted a support ticket I was told I couldn't be helped as I was running the upgrade on a test forum (a complete duplicate of my current forum). Okay, but it would obviously happen if I tried it on my live site (hence why I'm testing to ensure things go well!)), so I need to know the solution before I try it on the live site. I hope you managed to find a solution - and it'd be great if you could post an upgrade when you do.

I've got the same issue in that I can't do anything in the Admin CP (not easily, anyway, with no stylesheets or javascript), so can't explore to find a fix.

I managed to half fix this by navigating (without CSS) to

System > Files (under the Overview header) > Storage Settings > Configurations > Edit

The values in 'URL to storage directory' and 'Directory' were both incorrect... but after I changed them to the correct values, the 'URL to storage directory' automatically changes itself to the value of 'Directory', which is a bug, as obviously one is meant to be a server path and one is meant to be a URL!

To get around this I had to then check 'Use a Custom URL' then enter the correct URL to the uploads directory in the 'Custom URL' box. I then had to make a brand new theme, and set this as the default theme, and suddenly the CSS started to work! Hopefully it'll fix it for you too!

The only issue is that it hasn't fixed the JavaScript paths correctly, but that seems like a different issue. As an example, the file global_global_core.js is referenced in the HTML at:

http://www.mysite.com/forum-ipb4-test/uploads/javascript_core/global_global_core.js.f69c97d13935ca16a6d0d92bb3c6707a.js?v=ec251209db

But looking in the uploads/javascript_core/ directory, the file is actually called:

global_global_core.js.a973c9cba6a8ccccd8a49d255f84b3d2.js

rather than

global_global_core.js.f69c97d13935ca16a6d0d92bb3c6707a.js

What? What?! What does the unique iD after the .js refer to, and why is this not lining up with the actual file names? :(

From support:

Hello,

The way file storage configurations were stored and file URLs were saved was changed significantly in 4.0.5. This necessitated converting URLs so they worked under the new format.

Some of the URLs may not have converted correctly in some areas due to bugs resolved since 4.0.5. Additionally, sometimes data in the database prior to this version may have caused some URLs not to convert correctly.

Unfortunately there isn't a one-size-fits-all solution for this (or similar) problems, however any bugs discovered have been and/or are being resolved in point releases since the 4.0.5 release.[/quote]

I guess just contact support if you have the same URL issue as I had, and they'll sort it for you. It was fixed within 24 hours for me :)

From support:

​same problem upgrading from 3.4.6 to 4.0.6. my css and js imports urls have 2 times the host name:

<link rel='stylesheet' href='http://www.mywebsite.it/forum/http://www.mywebsite.it/forum/uploads/css_built_1/341e4a57816af3ba440d891ca87450ff_framework.css.d5049f12973f9ad768ceb3eed1102f15.css?v=0a3adf4ee2' media='all'>.

the support says they will investigate on it tomorrow, I hope they can find a solution for this weird issue :(

​same problem upgrading from 3.4.6 to 4.0.6. my css and js imports urls have 2 times the host name:

<link rel='stylesheet' href='http://www.mywebsite.it/forum/http://www.mywebsite.it/forum/uploads/css_built_1/341e4a57816af3ba440d891ca87450ff_framework.css.d5049f12973f9ad768ceb3eed1102f15.css?v=0a3adf4ee2' media='all'>.

the support says they will investigate on it tomorrow, I hope they can find a solution for this weird issue :(

Tell them that the issue has been fixed before for other customers (direct them to this topic if necessary).. I'm assuming the same solution which worked for me will work on your site.

Currently waiting for a solution where resources in css files (background images, etc) have the same "double URL" issue.

Tell them that the issue has been fixed before for other customers (direct them to this topic if necessary).. I'm assuming the same solution which worked for me will work on your site.

Currently waiting for a solution where resources in css files (background images, etc) have the same "double URL" issue.

​just few minutes ago the issue has been fixed by the support :)

now I have a major issue, seems many of my bbcodes in the old posts are broken, no quotes, no attachments and no video are working :(

Archived