• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Greek76 said:

This add on looks awesome and I might purchase it but I have one question. Has anyone had any copyright issues with this addon and does this work with the latest vision of invision? Thanks!

What would be the copyright issue?  It's a video section and any copyright issue for any video web site would apply to videobox.  Are you thinking like an adult tube site which scrapes content from other sites?  Videobox isn't going to scrape content for you.  Either you add the content or your users do.  If your users add content which is illegal, yeah you might have a problem - it's illegal content added to your site. There is a youtube plugin to add youtube videos, but that's legal as long as you are approved by youtube - if they audit your site.

With youtube you have a very limited amount of videos at first.  You have to apply for an increase which will result in an API compliance check where you have to explain to youtube that you're not building an app, but just using a plugin someone else created.  They want to know everything.  It's a real pain.

Yes, it works with the latest version.

Edited by Bluto
1 hour ago, Bluto said:

What would be the copyright issue?  It's a video section and any copyright issue for any video web site would apply to videobox.  Are you thinking like an adult tube site which scrapes content from other sites?  Videobox isn't going to scrape content for you.  Either you add the content or your users do.  If your users add content which is illegal, yeah you might have a problem - it's illegal content added to your site. There is a youtube plugin to add youtube videos, but that's legal as long as you are approved by youtube - if they audit your site.

With youtube you have a very limited amount of videos at first.  You have to apply for an increase which will result in an API compliance check where you have to explain to youtube that you're not building an app, but just using a plugin someone else created.  They want to know everything.  It's a real pain.

Yes, it works with the latest version.

Thanks for explaining it to me. 

2 hours ago, Greek76 said:

Thanks for explaining it to me. 

If you're looking for adult content scraping, there is adult plugins in the marketplace by @opentype which maybe you could hire someone to create an app which auto imports. 

It's hard running a straight - people upload - video site when there are so many other options to upload video online.  The storage requirements for running a video site becomes a problem.  

I've done video sites back before youtube.  If you want to do a video site with scraping, check out php melody or mechbunny.  They've been active for years.  The script is nice.

Edited by Bluto
  • 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, Interferon said:

Is there any way to make the submission of YouTube videos easier? There's no way my users are going to bother filling in the title and description for each video they post. It's easy to grab that information from the video URL, so why isn't it done automatically?

Hi,

This app doesn’t grab info from youtube, you need to post video manually. Take a look at the Youtube Importer app that allows getting youtube automatically from channel/playlist.

The featured videos carousel block looks very good, but why did you use randomly changing transition effects? A simple cross-fade would be nice and subtle. The random transition effects make it look like a CSS demo site.

28 minutes ago, onlyME said:

Hi,

This app doesn’t grab info from youtube, you need to post video manually. Take a look at the Youtube Importer app that allows getting youtube automatically from channel/playlist.

I know. The question is WHY are you adding a bunch of extra steps that is going to result in people not bothering to submit videos? You have to make things as easy as possible for users to engage.

Just now, Interferon said:

The featured videos carousel block looks very good, but why did you use randomly changing transition effects? A simple cross-fade would be nice and subtle. The random transition effects make it look like a CSS demo site.

The carousel uses ips slides and it only has simple cross effect.

2 minutes ago, Interferon said:

know. The question is WHY are you adding a bunch of extra steps that is going to result in people not bothering to submit videos? You have to make things as easy as possible for users to engage.

That is how the app works and each app has different features 🙂 

7 minutes ago, Interferon said:

Well maybe someday I will actually be able to use it then. Until then, I just wasted $60 on another half-baked add-on.

I’m sorry, but each app has its own main features that you can read in the description before purchasing  ☹️ It’s so confused for me to implement all customer’s idea to one app.
If you only want to import youtube, please take a look Youtube Importer app. It can import youtube into Forums, Downloads, Pages and Videobox. I don’t support bulk import from other video services.

Edited by onlyME

In business there is a concept called a whole product. You should study that. It is very frustrating to find a solution that is almost perfect and then be told "lol sorry you can't use it".

BIM YouTube Importer does not currently support importing an RSS feed but I am talking to the author about it.

I made the following fixes:

In "interface/sliders/nivoslider.js" find the text that says "random" and change this to "fade" to get rid of the different transition changes in the Featured videos block.

In "Application.php" change line 283 from this:

return "<iframe width='560' height='315' src='{$embed}' allowfullscreen frameborder='0'></iframe>";

to this:

return "<iframe width='560' height='315' src='{$embed}&rel=0&hd=1' allowfullscreen frameborder='0'></iframe>";

This will not prevent other videos from appearing after the video plays, but it will prevent videos from other channels from appearing. The "hd" tag will ensure the high-res video thumbnail is shown by default.

In all your themes you have in use, go to videobox > front > embed > player and comment out this entire block of code if you don't want to show the weird "external URL" / "Part 1" buttons:

<br>

<div id='playerPanel'>
	{{$serverID = \IPS\Request::i()->serverID > 0 ? \IPS\Request::i()->serverID : $current['vbs_id'];}}
	{{foreach $video->videoOnline() as $name => $server}} 
		{{if \count($server['online']) > 0 && ( $server['groups'] == 0 || \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->inGroup( explode( ",", $server['groups'] ) ) )}}
			<ul class='ipsButton_split ipsMargin_bottom'>
				{{ksort($server['online']);}}
				{{$cnt = 0;}}

<li class='ipsButton ipsButton_verySmall ipsButton_primary vbServerName' style='width: 100px !important;'>
					{$name}
				</li>

{{foreach $server['online'] as $videoID => $row}}
					{{$cnt++;}}
					<li>
						<a href="{$video->url()->setQueryString( array( 'area' => 'online', 'serverID' => $row['vbs_id'], 'vid' => $videoID ) )}" class="ipsButton ipsButton_verySmall {{if $serverID == $row['vbs_id'] && $videoID == $current['vbo_id']}}ipsButton_light{{else}}ipsButton_veryLight{{endif}}" {{if $server['upload'] == 0 && $video->canEdit()}}data-action='managePart' data-videoid="{$video->id}" data-partid="{$row['vbo_id']}"{{endif}}>
							{lang="videobox_videopart"} {$cnt}{{if mb_substr($row['vbo_url'], -4) == '|end'}} {lang="videobox_end"}{{endif}}
						</a>
					</li>
				{{endforeach}}

{{if $server['vbs_upload'] == 0 && $video->canEdit()}}
					<li>
						<a href="{$video->url()->setQueryString( array( 'do' => 'addNewPart', 'server' => $row['vbs_id'] ) )}" class="ipsButton ipsButton_verySmall ipsButton_veryLight" title='{lang="vb_addNewPart"}' data-ipsDialog data-ipsDialog-title='{lang="vb_addNewPart"}' data-ipsDialog-forceReload='true'>
							{lang="vb_addNewPart_icon"}
						</a>
					</li>				
				{{endif}}
			</ul>		
			<br>
		{{endif}}						
	{{endforeach}}
</div>

Edited by Interferon
8 minutes ago, Interferon said:

I found a bug in paid videos. After purchasing, I am forwarded to this page:
(CommunityURL)/index.php?app=videobox&module=videobox&controller=view&id=293

A "page not found" error is displayed. I have friendly URLs enabled on my community.

Thank you for your report. I will test it. If it’s a bug, will be fixed in the next version.

• 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, Mikuru // X said:

Just bought this app and can't wait to use it.....

The only problem is that I'm rather confused as to how go about doing anything for the most part. Got any instructions or tutorials on how to do stuff with this app @onlyME?

Hi,

I sent the instructions, please check PM. Support via PM.

11 hours ago, onlyME said:

Hi,

I sent the instructions, please check PM. Support via PM.

I got it, thanks a bunches. Oh and a little side note, might as well remove Mixer from the site list in the app since Microsoft terminated it and transferred everything to helping Facebook Gaming. I miss Mixer. ~_~

37 minutes ago, Mikuru // X said:

I got it, thanks a bunches. Oh and a little side note, might as well remove Mixer from the site list in the app since Microsoft terminated it and transferred everything to helping Facebook Gaming. I miss Mixer. ~_~

Thank you, I will remove it in the next version.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Cach Doan said:

@onlyME has the best support of all seller in the IPB Marketplace.

Anyway, Is there a way to hide our external link in video?

Like user can right click on page and see the source code and get the URL of our external video.

I notice that JWPlayer is able to hide this info.

Unfortunately, I have no way to hide it.

• 2 weeks later...

We've been using VideoBox for a couple of weeks, along with the YouTube video importer, and engagement is very high. We're getting about 1000 views daily and the users love it. People are even uploading their videos on our site rather than YouTube because they get more views.

Two suggestions:

• Add a single-column option so the video feed block looks like the IP.Gallery image feed block.
  • Automatically generate a thumbnail for an uploaded video file.

Great application!

Edited by Interferon