8 minutes ago, Optic14 said:

Hi @onlyME

Feature request, would you consider adding the ability for thumbnails to be automatically downloaded and set via YouTube API ?

https://developers.google.com/youtube/v3/docs/thumbnails

The add-on I used in XenForo had this feature, and also automatically downloaded the video duration/description (but you had to register for an Web Application API token in Google Developers Console)

I think it would be a very advanced feature but maybe others would find it useful too?

No, it's so complex and slow. The current thumbnail is fast without sending request to youtube api. 

Edited by onlyME
35 minutes ago, onlyME said:

I don't understand. Do you mean adding uploading Featured Image Form for livestreams?

yes, but the ability to have that uploaded image stay no matter what, stay on even if the stream is not live

So if the stream is not live you see the still image that was uploaded by the admin or if possible the member who posted the stream

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, FGN said:

Well....

Even though you haven't received any "Bug Reports" can you at least think about putting in the add on of the thumbnail for Live Streams? for at least the Owner to be able to do this on certain ones of our Pick

The livestream should get the live screenshot. When you promote a video, you can select its thumbnail or upload new thumbnail manually

1I6IPJROTLiSaHnUu3-23w.png

i know this,

I'm talking about on the stand still, to cover up the ugly picture of purple and black offline pic

When you're on these actual sites, you don't see the those purple or black offline pics, you see the person's added thumbnail

i'm just wondering if you could the option like you have for the regular videos, that way when selected streams are offline, it shows a selected thumbnail

The reason i'm asking this, is because i have a custom membership for featured live streams, that means that the stream is pinned (you don't have a regular widget for featured streams...just the slider) so those streams are offline sometimes, i would like to put a thumbnail there so it looks good alongside the streams that are showing live

here's a screenshot

Screenshot_15.png

Just now, FGN said:

i know this,

I'm talking about on the stand still, to cover up the ugly picture of purple and black offline pic

When you're on these actual sites, you don't see the those purple or black offline pics, you see the person's added thumbnail

i'm just wondering if you could the option like you have for the regular videos, that way when selected streams are offline, it shows a selected thumbnail

The reason i'm asking this, is because i have a custom membership for featured live streams, that means that the stream is pinned (you don't have a regular widget for featured streams...just the slider) so those streams are offline sometimes, i would like to put a thumbnail there so it looks good alongside the streams that are showing live

here's a screenshot

Screenshot_15.png

Do you mean the default offline picture?

10 hours ago, JEFF MACK said:

No matter what options I try, I can't get the newest videos to show in the widget on my forum index page.  Any idea what I am doing wrong?

2017-08-29_16-22-53.png

Can you give me acp access so I can take a look? I can not reproduce this problem.

On 01.03.2016 at 3:02 AM, onlyME said:

I need time for other customers ideas, reports. And I always give priority to fix bugs. About new features you need to wait, I will do if they are necessary. 

In your case, you no need to wait, you can use 'Customizable Video Feed' block. After placing it on site, click Edit button, set 'Number to show' = 1, 'Block theme' = 'Thumbnail with Title'. Save.  Then go to ACP > Customization > Themes > click </> to edit your theme > videobox > front > widgets > Videos

Find

<div class="esnList_item" {{if $orientation=='vertical'}}style="width: 33.33% !important;"{{endif}}>

Replace by

<div class="esnList_item" {{if $orientation=='vertical'}}style="width: {{if count($videos)==1}}100%{{else}}33.33%{{endif}} !important;"{{endif}}>

Save and done.

sidebar.jpg.78c5caa3069854d604ec3ec2c2b1

how to do that in new videobox version if i can't find in file Videos text ? - 

<div class="esnList_item" {{if $orientation=='vertical'}}style="width: 33.33% !important;"{{endif}}>

@onlyME 

I had a member do something crazy.....

They accidently hit the X button on the url field to copy/paste youtube videos

i can't see any way to re enable it for them........the field still shows on all other members post when wanting to add a video....just not this one persons

Do you know of a way to put this field back up for this one member?

then after this is fixed(if possible) can you tell me what setting i need to enable so reg members can't see that X to take off the field 

image.thumb.png.959318ce28d95f3cd0febbf01e020780.png

3 hours ago, FGN said:

@onlyME 

I had a member do something crazy.....

They accidently hit the X button on the url field to copy/paste youtube videos

i can't see any way to re enable it for them........the field still shows on all other members post when wanting to add a video....just not this one persons

Do you know of a way to put this field back up for this one member?

then after this is fixed(if possible) can you tell me what setting i need to enable so reg members can't see that X to take off the field 

image.thumb.png.959318ce28d95f3cd0febbf01e020780.png

I don understand this issue. The form does not have setting to remember closinh or opening. Try to clear the browser cache and refresh page.