On 06/12/2017 at 6:51 PM, onlyME said:

Open \applications\videobox\sources\Video\Video.php

Find and remove this function

public function reviewForm()
	{
	}

Thanks for this. I am thinking now of a different approach because only a small handful of people will write full reviews, many prefer to just rate.

Is it possible to add option for Review block to exclude ratings without a written review?

1 minute ago, Optic14 said:

Thanks for this. I am thinking now of a different approach because only a small handful of people will write full reviews, many prefer to just rate.

Is it possible to add option for Review block to exclude ratings without a written review?

Does it only show full reviews?

Thank you for considering the idea, much appreciated.

Also sorry, I have two other issues...

1. YouTube video thumbnails

For one of my clubs, the thumbnails have disappeared (it just contains YouTube videos)

https://animeforums.net/anime/browse/2-vocaloid-pvs/

I remember before 2.1.0, the thumbnails were automatically generated from YouTube videos, (it would link to YouTube server for thumbnail automatically after just inserting YouTube link inside Description field of VideoBox item) but now has the behaviour changed? I see option to put in YouTube API key now?

I have created YouTube API key from Google Developer Console and put it in settings but it doesn't seem to have had any effect on old YouTube videos or new YouTube videos?

2. Highest Rating block

I think there's an issue with this block. I definitely have two recent reviews/ratings for this month:

https://animeforums.net/anime/view/169-terror-in-resonance/?&tab=reviews#review-156
https://animeforums.net/anime/view/188-the-ancient-magus-bride/?&tab=reviews#review-150

But they don't show up at all inside the block:

videobox-highest-rating-block.png.8c01f49c46ed40af1bb521c79c96e5ef.png

Also when you click the All tab, the results are very strange. I am getting videos that have had no rating, from one of the VideoBox tabs in a club:

block-2.thumb.png.bbdccbf769eed6435028264dc32da2f0.png

Please also consider adding category filter option for this block, similar to how you did it for Customizable Video Feed block, because I really need to exclude Clubs from appearing inside Highest Rating block.

1 minute ago, Optic14 said:

Thanks, can you also check the Customizable Video Feed Block ?

I tried using the block now and my options include:

• Sort on: Rating
  • Direction: Descending (9-0)

You can see I get 2 results that have no ratings, also a little strange:

block-feed.thumb.png.263274394d3149cbf7a4e8a1b4b5d4af.png

It sorts by rating average, not rating stars.

2 minutes ago, Guitar Gathering said:

I'm looking to have a side column widget, similar to a Facebook feed or twitter feed, that would show our YouTube channel, a few video thumbnails and a subscribe button. 

Would Videobox work for something like that? or is something else better suited for that application?

Videobox has some widgets to customize videos feed in sidebar, top, or bottom. But it does not have subscribe button. See the demo here

http://demo.ipsviet.com/video/

PM me I will give you ACP access so you can take a look how it works.

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Ricardo Machado said:

I'll post it just to not forget

About the Collections system bug.
I separate the collections by genres (action, comedy, adventure)

If I select multiple collections in the movie, it appears in a collection that I did not select.

Once it is resolved I will renew :D

I fixed it in the latest version (2.1.1)

Edited by onlyME
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey.  VideoBox possible bug and suggestions.

1.  For some reason I have 1 user that keeps adding videos without any video (doesn't enter the video link in the external url / video url).  Shouldn't there be a 'required' on the external url / video url unless the 'is livestream' button is activated?  Most people enter a url.  But having a bunch of videos which don't actually have any video has led to a bunch of reports.

2.  Is it possible to make the Paid Video apply to only certain categories?  Right now it's all or nothing.  Links Directory has a nice ability to make only certain categories paid.  This would allow the video section to have both free and paid sections.  

3.  Would it be possible to be able to charge for featured videos?  An ability for the user to go to the store, purchase a featured listing product, and enter the link to the video they want featured.  Once they pay, the video will be flagged as a featured video based on the settings in commerce.

2 minutes ago, Bluto said:

Hey.  VideoBox possible bug and suggestions.

1.  For some reason I have 1 user that keeps adding videos without any video (doesn't enter the video link in the external url / video url).  Shouldn't there be a 'required' on the external url / video url unless the 'is livestream' button is activated?  Most people enter a url.  But having a bunch of videos which don't actually have any video has led to a bunch of reports.

2.  Is it possible to make the Paid Video apply to only certain categories?  Right now it's all or nothing.  Links Directory has a nice ability to make only certain categories paid.  This would allow the video section to have both free and paid sections.  

3.  Would it be possible to be able to charge for featured videos?  An ability for the user to go to the store, purchase a featured listing product, and enter the link to the video they want featured.  Once they pay, the video will be flagged as a featured video based on the settings in commerce.

1 & 2 will be updated in the next version.

2 hours ago, Nesdam1981 said:

Does this prioritize YouTube thumbs or uploaded thumbs when adding videos from YouTube? What I mean is if adding a YouTube source video and then uploading a custom thumb, does it remove the custom thumb and then ads YouTube generated thumb instead...

If you leave the uploading form blank, it will use Youtube Thumb. Else, it will prioritizeu uploaded thumb.

8 minutes ago, Nesdam1981 said:

Is there no way to choose which user groups can see widgets? For example I have a category that I don't want guests to see so I'm putting that category in it's own widget. But can't find anywhere in the widget settings to only allow admins and registered members to see it.

If guest doesn't have permission to view and read videos in a category, they will not see videos (from that category) in widgets.

Edited by onlyME