If you use this to allow members to upload their videos, does the player stop people being able to right click, see the video url and download the video instead of streaming it?

We are look for something that would stop people being able to do this and have to visit the site to view the video.

Thanks

Just now, Unlucky said:

If you use this to allow members to upload their videos, does the player stop people being able to right click, see the video url and download the video instead of streaming it?

We are look for something that would stop people being able to do this and have to visit the site to view the video.

Thanks

There is nothing to do to hide video url completely. If someone wants to get it, they can.

Hello @onlyME,

Very nice looking application,

I want to use this as a video review system. And will only use video trailers from YouTube.

Some presales questions:

1. On your live demo, below each video you can do Review and Comments. Can we disable Comments and just allow Reviews?
  2. On your live demo some of your videos has IMDB data, is this automatic or manual input using custom fields?
  3. Can you adjust the layout of the tabs here? There is: (Video Info / Watch Online)
    vb14.jpg.4db5c63012b43f73129a1feb22bf819
    I would want to remove the "watch online" tab as I won't use it.

Thanks in advance for your response.

Edited by Optic14

@Optic14 

1. Yes, there are 2 options for reviews and comments in category settings.

DZ64rdGzQMezaiy1EoVu6A.png

2. I used a custom field  to input url manually.

3. There is an option "Play video in other tab" so you can enable/disable Tabs view in catergoy settings 

am8STkkDQseuaHWoFbieCw.png

PM me if you want to test videobox in my demo site. I will give you acp access so you can take a look.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, FGN said:

This is just a suggestion for maybe future consideration

Maybe have the Video part be compatible to show Vidme.com urls..and have the video show like YouTube Videos can

Currently IPS doesn't have it embeddable

Unless i'm missing it somewhere 

If the video service has embedding player, you can use Media Tag (youtube, vimeo also use media tag)

Feature Request: Add audio

I need a place to add audio links to videos for podcasting to iTunes and Google Play. We post the videos and then add the audio of each video for our podcasts. Currently, we use WordPress for this but I would love to bring that over to IPB. We use the BluBrry plugin for this https://create.blubrry.com/resources/powerpress/

It has great excellent integration with iTunes and Google Play.

Just now, Josiah Wallingford said:

Feature Request: Add audio

I need a place to add audio links to videos for podcasting to iTunes and Google Play. We post the videos and then add the audio of each video for our podcasts. Currently, we use WordPress for this but I would love to bring that over to IPB. We use the BluBrry plugin for this https://create.blubrry.com/resources/powerpress/

It has great excellent integration with iTunes and Google Play.

No, this is video application. You can use the Media Tag feature for your custom player.

Just now, Josiah Wallingford said:

I am not looking to have a media player or any player. I just need a place to post a link so that the link is picked up by in RSS by iTunes and Google Play.

My app does not have this feature. It's just a video application.

Is there gonna be a update soon for the slider to be able to show the featured Videos without us having to upload a certain size image?

As of right now it only shows the online streams that featured.......a lot of us use this this for YouTube and that has thumbnails for the image, and it would be nice to be able to use the Slider to feature members YouTube Videos

1 minute ago, FGN said:

Is there gonna be a update soon for the slider to be able to show the featured Videos without us having to upload a certain size image?

As of right now it only shows the online streams that featured.......a lot of us use this this for YouTube and that has thumbnails for the image, and it would be nice to be able to use the Slider to feature members YouTube Videos

No, there is no way, because using the youtube's images, the slider will be terrible and can not have the best size.

11 minutes ago, Optic14 said:

Hi @onlyME thank you so much for the new update with the new Recent Reviews sidebar block.

Minor issue though, it seems there is a fixed 100px height for each row/review:

59958731ddca2_ScreenShot2017-08-17at8_06_34pm.png.9056414acf5ed9c7f77de1b5992f2ecb.png

As a result, it looks like there is no padding at the bottom for each row.

I confirm this bug, go to ACP > Customization > click </> to edit your theme > videobox > front > widgets > LatestReviews

Find and remove

style="height: 100px;"

Save

So in the video section there is a way to upload a thumbnail or featured image

Can you add the option for admin or member to be able to add a thumbnail at least to the Live Streams, so it will show in place of the Purple Twitch pic and the Black Offline Pic?

Can you help me to understand why there's not a way for this to happen, if we have Pinned Featured Streams that stay on the front page of the Category, it looks real ugly to see a Purple blank pic and Black offline pic.

I will even pay to have the feature made possible

Twitch and Mixer, and Smashcast all show the person's logo or background for when they are offline

Theres gotta be a way to have a image pic show instead of what it shows now??

5 hours ago, FGN said:

So in the video section there is a way to upload a thumbnail or featured image

Can you add the option for admin or member to be able to add a thumbnail at least to the Live Streams, so it will show in place of the Purple Twitch pic and the Black Offline Pic?

Can you help me to understand why there's not a way for this to happen, if we have Pinned Featured Streams that stay on the front page of the Category, it looks real ugly to see a Purple blank pic and Black offline pic.

I will even pay to have the feature made possible

Twitch and Mixer, and Smashcast all show the person's logo or background for when they are offline

Theres gotta be a way to have a image pic show instead of what it shows now??

I don't understand. Do you mean adding uploading Featured Image Form for livestreams?

Hi @onlyME

Feature request, would you consider adding the ability for thumbnails to be automatically downloaded and set via YouTube API ?

https://developers.google.com/youtube/v3/docs/thumbnails

The add-on I used in XenForo had this feature, and also automatically downloaded the video duration/description (but you had to register for an Web Application API token in Google Developers Console)

I think it would be a very advanced feature but maybe others would find it useful too?