activation

stig olsen

Hi,

I downloaded IP board and IP content and activated it to try it.
Now I've found a web developer that need to download, install and activate the license locally ( I guess he's using WAMP ) or online. But when he tries to do that, it's not possible because the license already is activated. I guess it's because I have done that on my computer locally. How do I deal with this?

Best, Stig

Hi,

Now I've found a web developer that need to download, install and activate the license locally ( I guess he's using WAMP ) or online. But when he tries to do that, it's not possible because the license already is activated. I guess it's because I have done that on my computer locally. How do I deal with this?

Best, Stig

​.

Local activations don't really count .. you can have as many as you like ..

Delete your old local files .. and restart new with the same license .. use "-TESTINSTALL" at the last part of your license key xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-TESTINSTALL .. this way ..

Hi,

Best, Stig

technically you should not give the files to anyone else to use

set up your own server (localhost) with ipb installed for them and only them to access (and yourself of course)

You are allowed one production install and one "test/development" install. My best suggestion would be to setup a test install (putting -TESTINSTALL at the end of your license key) on your server in a non-production area and then providing your developer access to that instance.

Archived