Ability to edit records is limited to one's own

Meddysong

I've given a particular group on my suite the full set of permissions on a certain database, including the ability to edit records and the relevant fields.

Since I'm mainly the person setting up these records (they're tasks which I'm delegating to them and which feature fields indicating whether the task is open or closed) my intention is that they'll be editing the content, if needed, and certainly the fields. However, if they haven't created the record themselves, then they're unable to edit them or the field; seemingly the permissions to edit records and fields are limited to one's own.

Is that right? If it is, what could I do to make it possible for them to edit all records and fields within a certain database without making them admins? If this isn't possible, then [FEATURE REQUEST] could this please be considered as something worth adding in a later version?

I've given a particular group on my suite the full set of permissions on a certain database, including the ability to edit records and the relevant fields.

Since I'm mainly the person setting up these records (they're tasks which I'm delegating to them and which feature fields indicating whether the task is open or closed) my intention is that they'll be editing the content, if needed, and certainly the fields. However, if they haven't created the record themselves, then they're unable to edit them or the field; seemingly the permissions to edit records and fields are limited to one's own.

Is that right? If it is, what could I do to make it possible for them to edit all records and fields within a certain database without making them admins? If this isn't possible, then [FEATURE REQUEST] could this please be considered as something worth adding in a later version?

​.

I'm not really setup to test this out .. maybe someone else has this feature on?

If you can't figure it out .. I will try to test it somehow ..

I think this is what you are looking for .. a Wiki kind of way of editing ..

Enabling this option will allow any user to edit any non-locked item, similar to a wiki (with appropriate permissions). When not enabled, users can only edit their own non-locked item (with appropriate permissions).

2015-05-21_9-57-57.thumb.png.2c5187053cc

Archived