Restore Non-Recurring Subscription Settings

RazorSEdge

My original thread here: 

Although I know it is a bit before features and such are added to IP4 as it is still having some kinks ironed out, I wanted to throw this up.  We can no longer create "non-recurring" subscriptions, which in my opinion is not good at all.  We need the ability to create both non-recurring and recurring subscriptions like we were able to do in 3.4.x.  It throws a lot of people off when the only way to do non-recurring is to purchase a recurring sub, then have to turn around and cancel it if they do not want recurring.  Some people like non-recurring for budgeting reasons, some people like it for "trying" something before committing to a recurring payment.

Really, everything is there in Commerce, except for the "expiration" of the non-recurring subscription.  It has an option to move members back into prior member group upon expiration or cancellation, but no place to set the expiration times unless you force renewals (which, yes they can cancel, but ^^^).

Thank you in advance and I hope this is taken under consideration for a near future release.

-RazorSEdge (cdavbar)

Agreed.  If this is really missing, it needs to go back in ASAP.  It is critical to our business.​

Yeah, not to many of our members that we gathered feedback from were happy to hear that we will only have recurring unless canceled.  

Very much in favor of enabling trial and limited-duration packages and have received similar feedback.

While I do happily sign up for auto-renew for things like domains and hosting and even licenses, for many other things I still feel burned — even decades later — by what feels to me like Columbia House style negative-option billing

I also see that I can allow a certain amount of time for a user to pay the invoice.  I think maybe if the user chooses not to pay the invoice, the subscription is cancelled?  I hope that's how it works.  Hopefully, someone will chime in with the details on this.

I see that I can have a warning sent to a user for an upcoming automatic payment (invoice settings).  However, it isn't clear to me that the user can choose to decline the renewal.  Does anyone know the details on this?

I also see that I can allow a certain amount of time for a user to pay the invoice.  I think maybe if the user chooses not to pay the invoice, the subscription is cancelled?  I hope that's how it works.  Hopefully, someone will chime in with the details on this.

​.

if you not work with "account credit" or another auto payment gateway then renewals will expire, no need for the user to decline, the new invoice will be there as open and the invoice will expire and removed with a term you have set (I think default is 30 days) .. also your users can cancel renewals before the next new invoice, the expire date/time remains for what they pay for last ..

Oh, good.  That's what I was hoping would happen.  I assume PayPal is not an auto payment gateway.  Is that right?

​.

A part of PayPal is .. named PayPal Vault (only available for UK, USA I guess) .. the old PayPal subscription system from IPB3 is gone .. no more IPN ..

PayPal Vault (direct card payment) is auto ..

Archived