Status Widget Comments Missing?

Schuttle

In  3.4 there was a comment section under each status in the status widget for the forum index.

In 4.0 it isn't there, quite a few of my users miss it. Can it be re-enabled or has it been removed from this version? 

Thanks

This was discussed way back in the alpha days. The status update widget for the later 3-series acted as an internal Twitter for a community which was fantastic. As-designed for 4.0 it's just ...there...

I imagine it's on a to-do list at IPS for adding in somewhere down the line.

Is it really not there? I'm not on 4 yet but my community responds to statuses in the sideblock and it is heavily used. I don't see how this would not be in 4.

​Yeah, it's not there. Many of my members are really disappointed and activity on the forum has dropped because of it.

Maybe this topic should be moved to "Product Feedback" since the feature seems to be missing and I think it will garner more attention there at this rate.

So the block lists statuses but does not allow replies? How do they reply? They have to go to their page and find the status?

This is something that is going to hold me back from upgrading. I have a 10 status feed on my forum homepage and members use it all day, almost like a chat box.

Archived