This site: Perfomance increased since a few days

Gnuru

If we are talking about this site I can say I keep getting random super slow down's to the point if i click on a topic or even just the forum link at the top it can take anywhere from 1-20seconds to load some times its faster for me to click the link again then it will load. I'm not sure if its the software or their server I don't think its my network;

C:\Users\ChrisR>ping community.invisionpower.com

Pinging vyxvk.x.incapdns.net [199.83.131.26] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 199.83.131.26: bytes=32 time=180ms TTL=47
Reply from 199.83.131.26: bytes=32 time=177ms TTL=47
Reply from 199.83.131.26: bytes=32 time=180ms TTL=47
Reply from 199.83.131.26: bytes=32 time=177ms TTL=47

Ping statistics for 199.83.131.26:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 177ms, Maximum = 180ms, Average = 178ms

C:\Users\ChrisR>

I really haven't had any performance issues since IPB4 was in like beta tbh. It does feel speedy for the most part although there are a few places where it is a bit slow sometimes(A few seconds, no more than 5)such as going to marketplace. But even then that is sporadically.

If we are talking about this site I can say I keep getting random super slow down's to the point if i click on a topic or even just the forum link at the top it can take anywhere from 1-20seconds to load some times its faster for me to click the link again then it will load. I'm not sure if its the software or their server I don't think its my network;

​I experience the exact same issue on this site. Sometimes it takes long to load, but if I click again, it'll usually load fast.

I don't have this problem on my own site though.

Seems like we still face the classic issue of web developers able to do so much more than modern internet speeds and server/client hardware can support. I look forward to the day when I can have 300 queries per page.. 27 JS scripts and 32 CSS scripts load to client in <2 seconds. Not having to worry about it would be awesome!!

This forum has the exact same issues my site "had" initially loading the forum can take 10/20 seconds, clicking on forum in the menu can be quick, can be slow but generally speaking accessing the forum is very slow at times but fairly quick to zip around once accessed and it needs to be addressed (although, apparently it's setup related and not IPS related).

I wanted to share a 2 videos taken with screencast, one accessing the community forums here at IPS and one browsing the forums here at IPS.

It seems to be that when accessing the forum aspect of the suite, serious slow downs are incurred and I highlighted this with my forum, however, it was put down to configuration. I think the videos show that it isn't just my site/setup but clearly inidicates something else is not quite right.

Initial IPS Community Forum Load
http://screencast.com/t/u0vQa4F4nJ3I

13+ seconds to load the forum, isn't exactly fast and appears to be similar to the issues I had with the forum load itself being extremely slow (faster since we moved hosts, but the underlying problem is likely to be masked because of nginx, memcached, more memory and SSD drive).

Browsing IPS Community
http://screencast.com/t/00LEQLJvbp

Switching back to the forum index after viewing the first topic was painfully slow, but subsequent views and switchbacks pretty fast.

Archived